What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Cloning Formula For Root Nubs In 3 Days!

Asotos

This method works great guys!!! I confirm that, at least about the nutes recipe!!! I tried this (with little mods, I'll describe..) and never looked back !!!!!!
The very first time I tried it as it is, sterile everything.... And i got a horrid slime!!!
Then I decided to go with bennies.... Some Voodoo juice at first runs, made things much better !!
Then my growshop brought great white !!!! A tip in the spoon from Gw and I got the best results ever.... Believe it or not, I'm clonning at 27c with a water heater on, and got first roots in exactly 7 days!!!!

I strongly believe that warmer water makes roots faster!!! Pitty I don't have any pics... I ll take care of that next time..

As I said rest of recipe is just the same!!! And never looked back

gmanwho

Veteran
This method works great guys!!! I confirm that, at least about the nutes recipe!!! I tried this (with little mods, I'll describe..) and never looked back !!!!!!
The very first time I tried it as it is, sterile everything.... And i got a horrid slime!!!
Then I decided to go with bennies.... Some Voodoo juice at first runs, made things much better !!
Then my growshop brought great white !!!! A tip in the spoon from Gw and I got the best results ever.... Believe it or not, I'm clonning at 27c with a water heater on, and got first roots in exactly 7 days!!!!

I strongly believe that warmer water makes roots faster!!! Pitty I don't have any pics... I ll take care of that next time..

As I said rest of recipe is just the same!!! And never looked back

so let me get this straight.....you put bleach in the rez with nutes, then you add great white? the bleach will kill whatever microbes are in the greatwhite.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I tried snypes method 3 times. It blows. Plain water and 2ml/gal of KLN works a hundred times better and faster. I've been running my home made aerocloner for almost 3 years nonstop. Change water every month and it keeps putting out great rooted clones 100%, never fails. I tried snypes in both a bubbler and aerocloner, adding grow and bloom nutes is worthless.

DONAJTHEIII

I tried snypes method 3 times. It blows. Plain water and 2ml/gal of KLN works a hundred times better and faster. I've been running my home made aerocloner for almost 3 years nonstop. Change water every month and it keeps putting out great rooted clones 100%, never fails. I tried snypes in both a bubbler and aerocloner, adding grow and bloom nutes is worthless.

Disagree totally. Using snypes method in rapid rooters and 99% success rate. 10-14 days. I don't do the scale method but that's bulletproof for begginers. Grow bloom nutes huh?? He uses weak 6/9 strength with super thrive just like I do. Couldn't thank snype enough for helping me master my cloning technique

:thank you:

Wish he was still around

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use an aero with 1/8 strength bloom nutes and get roots in 7 to 10 as well. That's fast enough for me. I only need a few rooted cuts at a time though. I guess if you need a lot more it would be nice to get roots in 3days. :dunno: Not knocking Snype's method. I'm sure it works like he and others say. That's just a lot to keep up with for getting roots less than a week faster than those keeping it simple. :)

Asotos

so let me get this straight.....you put bleach in the rez with nutes, then you add great white? the bleach will kill whatever microbes are in the greatwhite.

No mate.. What I'm saying is I tried once without microbes. Just the bleach method... Didn't work for me.... I got slime...
Second time I changed the bleach with microbes.... Results were fantastic in an one week time....

I promise, I'll post pics in 20-30 days, when i get my new bunch of clones

Asotos

Also you can keep the water little bit hotter than normal, without get any slime at all, by using microbes instead of bleach....
I keep mine at 26-27 degrees !!! I certainly see roots faster....

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are many many ways to skin the same cat. Had my ez-cloner for damn near 8 years. Tried over n over, different ways. Never worked. In fact I could never quite get cloning down at all. Using any method. It was severely frustrating. Then I found snypes method. Dusted off the ez-cloner. 100% every time.
Changed the game for me. And I'll always be grateful.

p0opstlnksal0t

has anyone tried Blue Life Red Slime Rx for cleaning/sterilizing from Cyanobacteria? it might be a better option than using an antibiotic.

sorry to dredge up an old post...

Dirt Bag

I'm lazy. My mother's are perpetually too big. I have two 28 site DIY Ziploc Storage Container cloners and only 16 veg sites. Why? Well, 28 is the most I could arrange in the container lid, but why 2? Because, like I said, I'm lazy. I've seen every video. I've read every thread. I've tried literally dozens of different concoctions and the one that works best, hands down, is plain old water. Yep. I don't count nodes. I don't trim the leaf tips. Hell, most of the time I don't trim it at all. I cut off a growing shoot, any shoot. Top, sides, bottom, whatever. Whichever ones look good. I toss scraggle. The fatter and healthier the stalk, the faster it roots. Period. Woody, skinny branches from below take longer. I like the 1/4"-3/16" diameter branches that are green and newer. They seem to root the most and the quickest. Anyway, back to 2 cloners. I only choose the best 16 for veg and restock it. Often I have 56 from which to choose. Then it doesn't matter if they take 3 days (*cough* bullshit) or 3 weeks, I always have huge rooty bitches ready for their next adventure.
I "make" my "plain old water" with 7 parts RO and 1 part tap water. I adjust to 6.0pH with diluted sulphuric acid as the tap water here comes from a treatment plant with chloromines, the pH buffered to 7.8, and around 250 ppm TDS. This cannot be easily pH adjusted as is due to the buffers.
I run the cloners 1 minute on, 4 minutes off 24/7. Both are under a single 24" Phillips T12 plant light. (yeah, that funky pinkish one).
Some never root. Maybe 1 in 20. Probably due to the cut. Embolisms happen. But the rest thrive! They grow in there. Not just roots. Everything. My cuttings get bigger when rooting. I don't time them but our veg cycle takes 2-3 weeks and clones are always rooty by then.
Want one piece of rock solid advice? Don't add anything to your cloner water.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I'm lazy. My mother's are perpetually too big. I have two 28 site DIY Ziploc Storage Container cloners and only 16 veg sites. Why? Well, 28 is the most I could arrange in the container lid, but why 2? Because, like I said, I'm lazy. I've seen every video. I've read every thread. I've tried literally dozens of different concoctions and the one that works best, hands down, is plain old water. Yep. I don't count nodes. I don't trim the leaf tips. Hell, most of the time I don't trim it at all. I cut off a growing shoot, any shoot. Top, sides, bottom, whatever. Whichever ones look good. I toss scraggle. The fatter and healthier the stalk, the faster it roots. Period. Woody, skinny branches from below take longer. I like the 1/4"-3/16" diameter branches that are green and newer. They seem to root the most and the quickest. Anyway, back to 2 cloners. I only choose the best 16 for veg and restock it. Often I have 56 from which to choose. Then it doesn't matter if they take 3 days (*cough* bullshit) or 3 weeks, I always have huge rooty bitches ready for their next adventure.
I "make" my "plain old water" with 7 parts RO and 1 part tap water. I adjust to 6.0pH with diluted sulphuric acid as the tap water here comes from a treatment plant with chloromines, the pH buffered to 7.8, and around 250 ppm TDS. This cannot be easily pH adjusted as is due to the buffers.
I run the cloners 1 minute on, 4 minutes off 24/7. Both are under a single 24" Phillips T12 plant light. (yeah, that funky pinkish one).
Some never root. Maybe 1 in 20. Probably due to the cut. Embolisms happen. But the rest thrive! They grow in there. Not just roots. Everything. My cuttings get bigger when rooting. I don't time them but our veg cycle takes 2-3 weeks and clones are always rooty by then.
Want one piece of rock solid advice? Don't add anything to your cloner water.

His rockwool method is great. I get 23 out of 25 usually. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=268211

Dirt Bag

His rockwool method is great. I get 23 out of 25 usually. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=268211

I said maybe. Remember, I'm lazy. I don't count. Could be less.

Rockwool sucks compared to a cloner because:
  • Rockwool costs money
  • Rockwool has to be pH adjusted
  • Rockwool has to be disposed of
  • Rockwool is usually hand watered
  • Rockwool is not environmentally friendly

• Cloner water is virtually free
  • No media to pH adjust
  • Cloner is infinitely reusable
  • Cloner is automatic

I used to deal with all that rockwool mess... Then I wised up.