What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Cloning Formula For Root Nubs In 3 Days!

relic1981

Veteran
How much exactly is 1 drop?

I have a Turboklone 48 which is a 4.5 gallon res. If I was using the Regular bleach
https://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-concentrated-regular-bleach/

How much in milli liters would you suggest?

30 dropps from the standard i oz tincure bottles is roughly iml. so i drop would be roughly 1/30 ml. half a dropper would be .5 ml or the suggested amount by snype per 10 gallons...

so i got interested in this thread awhile back when i was having rooting issues with my diy bubble/aero cloner. (has airstones and misters) the stems were literally rotting underneath the collars. i disenfected it hardcore with a 24 hour soak in bleach 50% solution to kill anything hiding (soaked all the neoprene collars, lid, airstones.. well i actually bought new airstones just to start fresh and also the airline (blaick) hose was soaked to try and kill anything alive. i then let it dry and hit up with mad farmers oxygenorater (29% h2o2) and got all the nooks and crannies of every part (i have had mine for almost 10 years now and was 100% successfull up untill this spring when the rotting started.

my standard formula is just kln 10-15ml per gallon and superthrive thats it. last go around i followed snypes formula to the letter except i didnt have any 3 part nutes so used a very mild solution of house and garden aqua flakes. (h and g is the best line ive ever tried. they incorporate the best of both the organic word and the chem/mineral world and put them together to produce my favorite nutes. heavy 16 is a close 2nd. very similar. i would use aptus but cant find anyone who stocks it and im to weird about ordering large amounts of hydro nutes or gear of the net. i like walking into NHS (best hydro/ horticulture store in the county) with cash and walking out with no paper trail. of point i know.. sorry... so last go around i used snypes recipe and once again returned to 100% success. dont know which part helped the most, whether it was the super sterilizing or the added bleach and nutes in my rez but it worked perfectly just like it used to. i will continue to use and tweak the formula until i know whats working the best for ceartain aspects. the only other way i deviated from his method besides using the 2 part h and g nutes was that i used 10 ml a gallon of kln plus the superthrive. oh and i added a lil bit of calmag plus 2.5 ml per gallon

really the less the better. some additives are just not meant for a bubbler... especially some of the more organic options. you get this thick layer of bubbly foam that just rotts away the stems. tryd using roots excelurator, liquid karma, and florolicious plus .. separate attempts... years ago in my rez and they had it foaming up so much it pushed off the top. lmfao. live and learn. the key is learning from others mistakes as much as possible

i also noticed superthrive now has kelp in it. or atleast the bottle now states it does where they didnt before. so what other organics are in ST? i thought it was more of a mineral and b supplement and vitamin booster to help reduce shock and stress? ive used it for years on fresh cuts and transplanting. never knew it had kelp in it till i bought my last bottle of it a few weeks ago..

anyhow thanks snype!

relic1981

Veteran
forgot to ask if Erythromycin is available in cali? cant find any info on it online other than uses for acne, lol. wiki says its an antibiotic so i understand how it could work in an agricultural setting. interesting choice to "clean" with or sterilize. i remember reading a thread reccomending pool shockchlorine and there is actually a product that is basically just a mild bleach solution but cant remember where i saw it and i know they dont sell anything like it near me..

gmanwho

Veteran
forgot to ask if Erythromycin is available in cali? cant find any info on it online other than uses for acne, lol. wiki says its an antibiotic so i understand how it could work in an agricultural setting. interesting choice to "clean" with or sterilize. i remember reading a thread reccomending pool shockchlorine and there is actually a product that is basically just a mild bleach solution but cant remember where i saw it and i know they dont sell anything like it near me..

u can get Erythromycin in the fish section of walmart petsmart etc...

bsafe

fido

Nice thread. I'm about to put thus too the test.
Thank agsin for the info.

For those not needing 10 gal mixes.
This will bake it easier for done I hope.
2ml Micro
3ml Bloom
.3ml Super Thrive
.05ml ( A drop ) Clorox
Gallon mixture.
SB2
thanks for this^^^
fido

ps
i miss snype
i hope they let him come back one day

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can we get thus moved to the cuttings and propagation techniques sub Forum? This thread is golden for newcomers. Please sticky it!

Once I tried this, 100% success.��

It is not unusual for some plants to develope 'root nubs' in a few day...how old are the cuttings with roots?.....the 'nubs' or many time blisters with 'nubs' are of course the first sign of them doing what they all should do, should u have done things correctly...It is also strain driven....its just a fact that some are easier to root...my current White Widow is fully rooted in 10
days and comimg out the bottoms of 8oz. Styro cups....Back in the 80ies I had a Williams Wonder fully rooted in 7 days...Im guessing should I have dug any up that blistering would be occuring in a few days...ur feeding recipe is really not a secret recipe...very standard mix...it great u have a plant that roots easy but what I am seeing is just exactly what u want them to do and WILL HAPPEN for anyone doing their cuttings properly....some seem to struggle thru cuttings but eventually figure it out...the best rule for cuttings is, if it is working for u, stick with it...u have a method working well for you is all that matters....dont get me wrong, I am certainly not bashing your cutting method, it as good as many others...I just dont see anything that is different from any other good cutting programs??? But again kudos for finding a method treating u well...YT

Last edited:
two issues i have with areo cloners, one being the amount of room it takes up. and two, keeping water temps in the proper range. water chillers and aquarium heaters = more power cords, more things that can go wrong.

DONAJTHEIII

two issues i have with areo cloners, one being the amount of room it takes up. and two, keeping water temps in the proper range. water chillers and aquarium heaters = more power cords, more things that can go wrong.

Have to disagree with both of your statements. Space isn't that Much different at all. Second what is your heat issue I don't see the problem?

Xanode

20 mL General Hydroponic FloraMicro
30 mL General Hydroponic FloraBloom
3 mL SuperTHRIVE
0.5 mL Clorox Bleach

this mixture, can the GH stuff be substituted with canna classic FLORES a/b, and is it important that the bleach be Clorox brand, cant find it, can i just use any bleach? And lastly will this formula work with rockwool? I seem to have lost all ability to clone, so atm im willing to try anything......

Xanode

I keep reading that nutes shouldnt be given to clones as it will stop them from rooting because the nutes provide the cut with nutrition so thy dont feel the ned to root.

But i also keep reading that P powers the rooting process.

So which is it?

What about instead of adding a full nute mix or even part of one, and instead using a pure P/K supplement for the P?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
20 mL General Hydroponic FloraMicro
30 mL General Hydroponic FloraBloom
3 mL SuperTHRIVE
0.5 mL Clorox Bleach

this mixture, can the GH stuff be substituted with canna classic FLORES a/b, and is it important that the bleach be Clorox brand, cant find it, can i just use any bleach? And lastly will this formula work with rockwool? I seem to have lost all ability to clone, so atm im willing to try anything......

This is his guide for rockwool. It is awesome. Start at about 60 to 63 grams for a grodan cube. After about 5 days, just keep the cubes at 48 to 50 grams. Add more solution once a day to get it back there.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=268211

Loc Dog

Veteran
I keep reading that nutes shouldnt be given to clones as it will stop them from rooting because the nutes provide the cut with nutrition so thy dont feel the ned to root.

But i also keep reading that P powers the rooting process.

So which is it?

What about instead of adding a full nute mix or even part of one, and instead using a pure P/K supplement for the P?

It is nitrogen that you do not want to give them.

benjman5

cycle timer or 24hr?

cycle timer or 24hr?

Hey thanks for the great thread. i am scepticle about bleach but i might try it out. i have a homemade aero cloner i made. it have had great sucess on 2 runs roots in 5-7 days and done in 10 to 14 depending on variety. i mist the plants every 12 minutes for 30-45 seconds with my cycle tymer and then less when large roots develop. this keeps the temps down in the res for me (72-72)otherwise it gets to 80 or higher.

What do you do with your pump snype? also do you foliar spray a all or use a humididome?

LAO LIGHTS ON 24/7 OR night cycle?

thanks!!!

Loc Dog

Veteran
Hey thanks for the great thread. i am scepticle about bleach but i might try it out. i have a homemade aero cloner i made. it have had great sucess on 2 runs roots in 5-7 days and done in 10 to 14 depending on variety. i mist the plants every 12 minutes for 30-45 seconds with my cycle tymer and then less when large roots develop. this keeps the temps down in the res for me (72-72)otherwise it gets to 80 or higher.

What do you do with your pump snype? also do you foliar spray a all or use a humididome?

LAO LIGHTS ON 24/7 OR night cycle?

thanks!!!

Snype was banned a long time ago. I love his rockwool cloning tek, and have used for years. 1 drop of bleach per gallon is harmless. Over 5 would be a problem.