What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sneaky sneaky

sneakinman13

Veteran
ya im glad i did to. i had 1 plant that could have used some more light. now it has plenty!
thanks for the help

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I still don't get why there is glass in there... Are the bulbs actually resting on it? If that's the case I bet it would be easy enough to rig up something else that does the same job within the light hood.
I'm not trying to hammer it in, I just think that the efficiency gains that you would see would be worth it. I'm glad that your growth is more vigorous than ever before. Just imagine if it was that much more vigorous... Meh.

Peace out!

sneakinman13

Veteran
I still don't get why there is glass in there... Are the bulbs actually resting on it? If that's the case I bet it would be easy enough to rig up something else that does the same job within the light hood.
I'm not trying to hammer it in, I just think that the efficiency gains that you would see would be worth it. I'm glad that your growth is more vigorous than ever before. Just imagine if it was that much more vigorous... Meh.

Peace out!

ya the bulbs are resting on it. thats why i have it like that. also because that hood is bad ass. and it spread the perfect amount of light in my small closet.
i mean i could rig something to hold the lights in the hood. but for right now i dont really see a point.. maybe in a few weeks ill try it out..
ima see how they grow for the next couple weeks tho..

thanks for the input :joint::joint:

Hey, i say just run with it. Whats the worse that can happen? Less yeild? Less potent? Fuck it, experiment, fail, learn, succeed. Sorry itsallover, not trying to pee on your skittles. Sometimes it's all about trying something different, something weird, or wackie, I remember all the major MJ how-to book said clear container for soil was a No-No. That infact isn't true, and almost any kind of container will do. CFL do get hot, plus if it's sealed up like that you can have a smaller carbon filter slowly filtering out the stank for stealth (it is better to force water through a filter, or let it do it's thing?) but the real point is to get that bulb closer then 12 inch away, CFL are lumens are rated at 12 inchs away. In theory if one were to get that bulb 6 inch away your lumens double, see where i'm going :) Anyway, i'm sorry i'm not trying to piss anyone off just think out side of the box, and hell maybe go outside of it, walk around and look at that box from the outside, never know what you will find

sneakinman13

Veteran
late night update

late night update

well as i sit here and eat some coleslaw and a hard boiled egg i decided to take some pics for the ppl checkin out my thread :joint::joint:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the growth has been pretty rapid so its hard to keep them a even canopy but i just got some stuff to stack so ima get it all sorted...

be back later :joint:

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Hey, i say just run with it. Whats the worse that can happen? Less yeild? Less potent? Fuck it, experiment, fail, learn, succeed. Sorry itsallover, not trying to pee on your skittles.

You're right about experimenting being a great thing, for sure.
I think that in this case, though, we pretty much have a good understanding of what's at hand and can make an educated decision rather than "failing where others have failed" so top speak.

Of course leaving the glass there isn't going to cause failure. As a matter of fact, it might be a small difference, but we do happen to know(as opposed to the guys naysaying on clear containers with soil) that glass hinders the efficiency of our lighting in a significant way (not to mention having dirty glass, which I am guilty of right now I think...), and that with CFLs, you're going to be wanting to conserve all of the lumens you've got, especially to avoid too much stretching in the beginning.
:2cents:

I don't feel like my skittles have been peed on. Actually it's funny, I have been eating on a bag beside me here for 2 days now, and I rarely eat Skittles. That's kinda weird. :abduct:
But I just checked and they haven't been peed on, so we're still cool.

Looks like the grow is coming along nicely, I wish you many females! I've been meaning to pick up some of those grow bags! Have you used them before? Is it reasonable to reuse the bags?

Peace fellers.

sneakinman13

Veteran
thanks for stopin by again itsallover..
i never reuse them simply cause there only 15 cent for 1 gallon and like 45 cents for 5 gallons..
so i usually just buy new ones..but i do recommend them. they work great. and you can push together for a tight fit....
also i got the glass pretty much touching the plants now. and the internodes are lookin nice and tight. not much stretching.

thanks again for the feedback however!

later everyone

Lol thats funny you were eating skittles, ironic. See my problem is that i've read all kind of crap about lights, even the PURuple lights that people were trying to get their hands on, but the kicker is that the lumen out put is way lower then expected because it focuses on specific color spectrum instead how a CFL works, On top of that, they even had to add some more regular color crap in it so people wouldn't think that the light were crap (they look extremely dim compaired to regular CFLs and even the big ass sun makers). Just my :2cents:

Hey sneakinman looking good man, i'll be watching when i can!

sneakinman13

Veteran
lst training begins.

lst training begins.

well i like to start training early so i went ahead and tied down the plants...
just did it right now so no new growth yet. but in a few days here ill have some bush's in the making.. enough of me talkin tho, time or some pics :joint:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

well thats it for now.
be back soon :joint::joint:

Zealious

NICE grow man. Love the coloring in those buds you grew. That hash looks superb as well. I like the early lst too. Its like sending a 4month old baby to the gym after 20 protein shakes.

sneakinman13

Veteran
zealious- thanks man!!! glad to see some ppl stopping by!
im going to get some new pics here after i eat some food... things are sure gettin green around these parts!

ST8-thank you aswell!

be back in a few..

edit.. back with the pics!
picture.php

picture.php

everything seems to be growing nice atm..
the kush are def the slowest growing of the plants. which is no suprize sinse there known for a slo veg...
but the g-13 however. are beastttting!
the g-13 are the 3 in the very back....
its going to be hard to keep everything up with those bitches :yoinks:

but ima do my best to create a even canopy come flower time!

be back later everyone :joint::joint::joint::joint:

sneakinman13

Veteran
10/23/09 update

10/23/09 update

hello ic!
just woke up here and decided to smoke a blunt, make a breakfest burrito, then snap some photo's for you guys to enjoy.. :joint:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:woohoo:

everything is looking good here. prolly gonna veg another 2-3 weeks then take clones and flip to flower.

well thats it for now.. off for a bike ride.. later everyone :joint::joint:

Wfw1

Looking good there bushing up nicley. I'll be watching. I love your CFL idea and im glad so far your sticking with your design.

Latest posts

Latest posts