What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking weed while pregnant?

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I smoked buds when I was pregnant. My children are classified retarded.

Seriously, how many parents would say or admit to something like that?
Probably not to many. Especially on a pro cannabis forum.

I'm pro cannabis, but I curb my enthusiasm when it comes to the effects on the developing fetus.
Something of which I have lil expertise on.

I'm all for big healthy organic babies LOL.. No chems or drugs on board if at all possible.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the children are born smarter because of cannabis exposure it CERTAINLY does MAKE IT RIGHT. Sticking to the party line when it has been proven wrong is hurting the cannabis community as well as mothers and children.

:joint:

It is a coincidence. Introducing carbon gas to the blood stream that flows directly into the baby is not good for the baby. Mommy can eat brownie she doesn't need to toke.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran

Seriously, how many parents would say or admit to something like that?
Probably not to many.

I'm all for big healthy organic babies LOL.. No chems or drugs on board if at all possible.

Amen.... The fact the I love this erb and dont see the harm in using it. If I were a women I would in know way use it or to many other drug while caring my unborn child.

I have no scientific studies on the the subject. Just my personal opinion.

I

In~Plain~Site

Just throwing it out there

Just throwing it out there

Is a woman's body not a vehicle,the unborn child an unwilling passenger?

Wonder what daddy's input was on the matter?

Inhaled smoke, of any sort, is bad....mmmkay?

Darwin was a genius. :wave:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran

You probably also backed a car up at one point or another. Doesn't mean they're related in any way. Hell... YOU could be retarded or harboring a silent gene.

The vaccinations you probably gave your children are capable of making them idiots.

Did you feed them non-GMO foods their whole lives or did they eat the crap that's been on the store shelves in boxes for 30 years? (Baby food in general is HORRIBLE for children. Have you SEEN what goes in there? What fucked up legal nightmare and chemical concoctions require that a baby food product list "Natural Flavors and OTHER Natural Flavors"?)

Did you live in an un-discovered Hinkley? What the heck did you EAT while you were pregnant? Did you take vitamins, eat white clay (Yeah... look up "Clay Babies" sometime for a pregnancy history lesson).

Is your blood type and the baby's B+ and you ate chicken, tomatoes and corn while pregnant?

There are literally TENS of THOUSANDS of possible reasons why your kids turned out retarded. Cannabis is the only substance on earth that I've found helps with nearly all of them. Go figure.

Now that reactors 1 and 3 can no longer be entered by man or machine without breaking down..... it's only a matter of time now.

Do the research into radiation and the effects it has on humans and fetuses. Stay away from main stream sources... use them only as a comparison to see the separation from truth.

Your kids are counting on YOU!

Stay Safe!

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I was just messing around hydro. Trying to make the point that it would be highly unlikely to hear from those parents who have smoked bud while pregnant, and gave birth to a child with a disability, or a child who was well just average... We're on page 6 and all the parents who posted thus far have above average-genius children.

Not surprising as I'm a parent too.. Damn right he's a lil Einstein.. He's mine!! A parent would never use the word retarded first of all. A parent who gives birth to developmentally retarded child thinks of them as being different, or special... See what I'm getting at:)

Someone who holds even the slightest guilt that their choices may of somehow affected the development of their unborn child most likely would not be to quick to share that info, especially on a pro cannabis website. Many here are passionate to the point of making cannabis out to be benign.. You'd think they don't even get a high or feel the effects that most do. I know of two people whom I've smoked with during my time who have had terrible reactions to cannabis. Quite frankly these experiences scared me enough to think twice about forcing it on anyone or wanting to go around poppin peoples cannabis cherries.. In both cases they ended up on the floor in the fetal position, terrified to the point of crying uncontrollably, and asking for an ambulance. Not something I'd like for my child to experience when not prepared or ready for it. Few and far between through the years yeah, but enough personal experience to allow me to come the conclusion that cannabis effects some people in VERY different ways, and it certainly isnt good for/fun for everyone.

It's just my opinion that the womb is probably not the best place to develop your tolerance. I draw my personal line at Recreational use. If you wouldn't pass the bong to your 5yr old, then why would you pass it to a developing fetus. Rec use during pregnancy seems selfish and extremely risky. People end up in jail and lose their kids for that sorta thing, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Especially my bros and sisters here at icmag. If your going to go to jail go for growing, and not child abuse.. Be a jail house professor, and not the target.

I didnt come to judge anyone, but rather give my opinion and what I felt was the right choice for my fam. I honestly know of 0 children whose issues were directly related to their mothers/fathers cannabis use, but felt it best/safest for us to give it up during that crucial time of development.

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You just pointed out (and quite plainly) that you really haven't done the research and don't understand cannabis.

That being said... your stand as a parent toward something you don't fully understand is admirable. I mean... people don't understand vaccinations but they still let their kids get stabbed. Kudos for at least taking a cautionary stand in a field you don't know anything about. :D

Stay Safe!

Bebopp

I don't think people know what it could or could not do. But we do know that Mozart's mom was not baked all the time.

That said I think my mom got stoned when I was in her.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Yeah, I read. I already know you have one of the highly advanced geniuses hydro..

Post after post of you telling everyone their opinion is wrong or they haven't researched enough.. Obviously since they don't share yours.. In fact the only info you provided me was to research, and stay away from main stream sources, and to only use those as a comparison to see the separation from truth.... Yeah ok I'll get on that tonight, but will have to weed through those that also recommend the use of aluminum foil hats for your radiological fall out.

In the end there was not enough solid info on the subject for my wife to feel the need to continue her recreational use. Simple as that. there was no need. the rest of your post was assumptions, and I wont even entertain them as I know your itching to inform us all.. You can make a new thread and give us all your thought on vaccines, and radiological fallout.....

Last edited:

Hempsmoke

Hey
I think if u have to do drugs while pregnant, which i do not support because its irresponsible, then weed is by far the best choice.
But on the other hand if u cant stay off the weed for 8-9 months then you should seriously think about your weed consumption...

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Ok...

I do not mean to intrude, and I ran a search to no avail.

I am not pregnant, nor is anyone close to me.

This is a friend of a friend, who is very pregnant ( not sure how far along ), and she is smoking weed. Good weed. (My Casey Jones)

I for one do not agree with her choice, and now feel bad about being the catalyst.

I also want my friend to talk to her (not my place), but I want to know if this is as dangerous to the fetus, as i think it is...

TIA, and I once again am sorry to intrude...

I really HATE it when ppl intrude on my life as the whole thing about what to do when your preggy.. Sorry bro but it's really none of your business what this person does and nothing you can do to change what they do so stay out of it!! That being said everything you do your baby does with you!! I have known and see many babies with problems none of which were from cannabis .. All problems I have ever seen was with alcohol and hard drugs or cig. I would say smoke from cig produces low birth weight babies.This is really the only thing I can find here. Let ppl make up their own minds and try to stop being the judge of what everyone does that shit gets old fast..imvho peace out Headband707:)

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
^^ did you see the floating Island of houses and junk in the water from Japan? holy shit thats weird..and going to be arriving on our shores here in BC in 3 years they say ..If that shit is coming then what have they done to the water in the ocean now?? That is the BIG question now??? peace out Headband707

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I really HATE it when ppl intrude on my life as the whole thing about what to do when your preggy.. Sorry bro but it's really none of your business what this person does and nothing you can do to change what they do so stay out of it!! That being said everything you do your baby does with you!! I have known and see many babies with problems none of which were from cannabis .. All problems I have ever seen was with alcohol and hard drugs or cig. I would say smoke from cig produces low birth weight babies.This is really the only thing I can find here. Let ppl make up their own minds and try to stop being the judge of what everyone does that shit gets old fast..imvho peace out Headband707:)

Bullshit. Selling/giving weed to pregnant woman that are smoking it, is the providers business. Intrinsically involved. Sure they can get it somewhere else, but thats not an excuse to sell crack or heroin either. If as a provider you are having mixed feelings about it, then how can anyone say its not your business. Total shit imo. Your thoughts make it your business.
As to the dangers involved, i go with my intuition. Smoke is unhealthy. Fireside smoke, crack smoke, tobacco smoke, pot smoke, this is why the body coughs, to get it out of the system.
If a woman can't give up SMOKING herb, and find another way to use it while she is pregnant, she ain't fit to raise MY child.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Bullshit. Selling/giving weed to pregnant woman that are smoking it, is the providers business. Intrinsically involved. Sure they can get it somewhere else, but thats not an excuse to sell crack or heroin either. If as a provider you are having mixed feelings about it, then how can anyone say its not your business. Total shit imo. Your thoughts make it your business.
As to the dangers involved, i go with my intuition. Smoke is unhealthy. Fireside smoke, crack smoke, tobacco smoke, pot smoke, this is why the body coughs, to get it out of the system.
If a woman can't give up SMOKING herb, and find another way to use it while she is pregnant, she ain't fit to raise MY child.

LOL really cause I guess your judge and jury here right LOL>> Go ahead and try and tell a women what to do and when to do it and see how far that gets ya LOL...Having a joint while your preg isn't as bad as actually being a bad mom when the baby is born!! That is really when you should rage when women actually treat their children bad ...I have seen plenty of mom's/dad's that shouldn't have kids and cannabis has ZERO to do with that. lol..You got 18 years to screw up a kids life and smoking while your preg is a very very small part of the whole picture. imvho peace out Headband707:)

the negative connotation of the term drug in some peoples understanding is what I oppose,it is a supplement and has very beneficial properties,best source of greens in my diet

sorry if this is a lil off topic but:

my fiancee had our daugther last friday, she hasnt started breastfeeding yet and she's in ALOT of pain still (dr. hasnt given her a script yet), seeing as how some strains have painkilling properties,

would smoking while nursing be harmful to our daugther?

FYI I did a search already and didnt want to post a new thread because of this one

I

In~Plain~Site

Prolly has a better chance of poking an eye out on one of them mommy milk machines ;)

sorry if this is a lil off topic but:

my fiancee had our daugther last friday, she hasnt started breastfeeding yet and she's in ALOT of pain still (dr. hasnt given her a script yet), seeing as how some strains have painkilling properties,

would smoking while nursing be harmful to our daugther?

FYI I did a search already and didnt want to post a new thread because of this one

Solidopc

My mrs smoked through all 3 of our kids pregnacies. She's not a heavy smoker, only a joint in the night. I'd probably rather she didnt, but it didnt bother me that much, because from child 1-3 they were all born healthy as any other newborn baby.

What i think is worse, is smoking weed round the kids at home. Them constantly inhaling grade a weed as they grow up must have an affect on them. So we dont smome in the house anymore unless we have baby sitters. Got chairs in the garage and garden, so its not a problem.