What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking weed while pregnant?

Cojito

whether its dangerous or beneficial - virtually all of us here smoke cannabis. i smoke daily. is that behavior dangerous? perhaps. but i am an adult, and adults engage in potentially dangerous behaviors all the time.

one assumes we are all CONSENTING ADULTS here. but a fetus cannot consent to ingest cannabis. and its one thing (re: reasonable) for a mother to toke up to relieve morning sickness, but quite another for a mother to smoke daily during the entire pregnancy. its fine to have personal "opinions," (believe whatever crazy shit you want), but its not particularly smart to reject (or advise others to reject) the advice of researchers and medical professionals without having a valid counter argument. or at least evidence that shows their info is bogus.

due to prohibition and the anti-cannabis cabal we may not know for sure if cannabis smoked during pregnancy is harmful, but we do know that women who smoke up daily during a pregnancy are imposing their (potentially) unhealthy choices on a fetus. and really that's incredibly selfish - no matter how many healthy babies you say you've cranked out.

Solidopc

Horses for courses, i guess you've never crossed any moral boundry and therefore have the right to lead us all up the high road.

I take offense to you calling my mrs incredibly selfish. She's given up more to have and raise 3 of my children than you will ever know. So while you can have your opinion. Keep any of my mrs out of the public arena. Got it? Thanks.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I cant beleive how many of you preech weed is a medicine but yet pregnant people shouldnt smoke...? i was very against this when miss b got preggo but i read up on it and was convinced its was fine... even more so a medicine.

The doctors shove pills down pregg girls throats all the time for some one to believe weed is a safe alternative to pills they should belive its ok for pregnant women...

Miss b smoke cause it was only thing that helped he keep down food. That or pills of course. and ill take weed any day... and a side not we had a birth class where NONE of the people smoked we had less problems and are kids motor skill are FAR superior to anyone in the class and he was the last one born..

stop being hypocrites is it safe medicine or not? i for one do belive its 100% safe i dont care for the smokeing but theres other ways around the smoke.

ALso i really find the narrow mindness on this site about this situation mind blowing... People dont let the propaganda brain wash you you should be able to think for yourselfs.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
8-9 months WITHOUT WEED SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM !

why do you discuss "stupid" things like this

So if we all dont agree with you its "stupid"?

Im sure EVERY choice you have ever made has been a great one! Until you walk in their shoes you have no clue.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i really think the propaganda is getting to peoples head... it did to mine at first too... and im now pretty ashamed of it...

Cojito

Horses for courses, i guess you've never crossed any moral boundry and therefore have the right to lead us all up the high road.

this doesn't make sense. i smoke cannabis. by doing so i choose to break federal law. its painfully obvious i've crossed moral boundaries.

I take offense to you calling my mrs incredibly selfish. She's given up more to have and raise 3 of my children than you will ever know. So while you can have your opinion. Keep any of my mrs out of the public arena. Got it? Thanks.

i wasn't calling your mrs anything. i don't know her. and i never intended to respond to you - or her. but i do understand why you so feel defensive about it.

Solidopc

this doesn't make sense. i smoke cannabis. by doing so i choose to break federal law. its painfully obvious i've crossed moral boundaries.

If your moral compass is somehow correlated to federal laws, then good luck to you, seriously. Smoking weed isn't a moral abuse, it's like saying taking a sicnkess tablet from the doctor is a moral abuse of some kind. You've just broken federal laws, not commited a moral offence, no matter what high-ranking supreme court judges' opinion is.

It did seem your remark about women being incredibly selfish was directed at me and my mrs. I said my mrs smoked a joint every night during all her pregnancies, and you say, women who smoke everyday are incredibly selfish. I also said, i had 3 healthy children in these circumstances, and you said "it's incredibly selfish, no matter how many healthy babies you say you've cranked out".

Just saying cranked out is offensive in itself. What are you referring to my mrs or women as? Some sort of machine to "crank" out children. I don't accept at all your remarks were in no way based on anything i said. So basicaslly im calling you a liar. Sorry, but say it how it is. I don't believe you.

Also I'm not sure why you seem to have read my mind and know why i am defensive about it. I'm defensive of someone calling a hardworking, fantastic mother and wife, who would probably give you the benefit of the doubt still, an incredibly selfish person. Who you agree you do not even know.

Lastly, lets finish this here, i don't agree with you, and now i don't believe what you say either, so let's not carry on the discussion. Regards.

Cojito

If your moral compass is somehow correlated to federal laws, then good luck to you, seriously. Smoking weed isn't a moral abuse, it's like saying taking a sicnkess tablet from the doctor is a moral abuse of some kind. You've just broken federal laws, not commited a moral offence, no matter what high-ranking supreme court judges' opinion is.

i don't know about moral. i'm not religious. i just think disobeying federal or state law is an ethical breach. a breaking of the social contract. and i was suggesting that we pot smokers, as outlaws, have ample experience crossing moral or ethical boundaries.

you said "it's incredibly selfish, no matter how many healthy babies you say you've cranked out". Just saying cranked out is offensive in itself. What are you referring to my mrs or women as? Some sort of machine to "crank" out children.

we are biological machines - no?

I don't accept at all your remarks were in no way based on anything i said. So basicaslly im calling you a liar. Sorry, but say it how it is. I don't believe you.

ok man. no worries. i think there are 13 pages on this thread. i guess i read the first nine pages then flipped to the end. sorry, i never read your post. but i'm sure there were other posts similar to yours. and i had those in mind when i posted. sorry for the confusion.

I'm defensive of someone calling a hardworking, fantastic mother and wife, who would probably give you the benefit of the doubt still, an incredibly selfish person. Who you agree you do not even know.

never happened. i think i wrote that any woman who'd put her pleasure ahead of the health of her unborn child is selfish. its not my fault if you think this reflects poorly on you or your wife.

Lastly, lets finish this here, i don't agree with you, and now i don't believe what you say either, so let's not carry on the discussion. Regards.

ok man. i'm not all that impressed with your reasoning skills either. but just for future reference, if i am addressing you, i'll quote you. that way you'll know for sure who you should be pissed at. cheers.

sculptor

So if we all dont agree with you its "stupid"?

Im sure EVERY choice you have ever made has been a great one! Until you walk in their shoes you have no clue.

baba i just dont understand why people want to smoke cannabis while they are pregnant ....

smoking cannabis while pregnant is just stupid

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
i don't know about moral. i'm not religious. i just think disobeying federal or state law is an ethical breach. a breaking of the social contract. and i was suggesting that we pot smokers, as outlaws, have ample experience crossing moral or ethical boundaries.

we are biological machines - no?

ok man. no worries. i think there are 13 pages on this thread. i guess i read the first nine pages then flipped to the end. sorry, i never read your post. but i'm sure there were other posts similar to yours. and i had those in mind when i posted. sorry for the confusion.

never happened. i think i wrote that any woman who'd put her pleasure ahead of the health of her unborn child is selfish. its not my fault if you think this reflects poorly on you or your wife.

ok man. i'm not all that impressed with your reasoning skills either. but just for future reference, if i am addressing you, i'll quote you. that way you'll know for sure who you should be pissed at. cheers.

Sorry bro I just can't resist this one LOL LOL LOL>>>

So you think disobeying the feds is an ethical breach?? Do you really believe this? cause I got some land for sale you would LOVE!!! lol...
It is one thing to make "JUST" laws it's a whole other thing to make the law to bend to your will LOL LOL>> Anyone in here that thinks the feds haven't done this ,,think again! it's bad enough that I have to pay my taxes for these idiots to make the world a very shitty place .. BUT to have to listen to their rhedoric is insufferable imvho. It is truly ashame that ppl can't see this for what it really is and that is "propaganda" at it's finest. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that these guys are tools!!!!! peace out Headband707:dance013:

mintz

baba i just dont understand why people want to smoke cannabis while they are pregnant ....

smoking cannabis while pregnant is just stupid
especialy if its not for a real medical reason and if smoked instead of being in edible form and sorry to say it,it sounds like the truth of this is hurting some out there,if it werent true they wouldnt feel or take it to heart.:2cents:

sculptor

for real medical reasons its def ok .

but i would choose this way:

1 natural home remedies
if it doesnt work
2 homeopathic remedies
if this doesnt work too
3 medicine pills that are 100 percent prgnant tested (there are so much studies about pills tested at pregnants and it works well for over 1 bil. people )
this doesnt work too then :

4 .medical organic marijuana in small dosages .smoking with a vapor.

its just my iopinion
-------------
the pharmaindustry ,universities etc should make more studies about weed while pregnant ......

edit :but cmon guys smoking weed while preg. without medicals reason ,just to get high is stupid ,isnt it ?

dankski

especialy if its not for a real medical reason and if smoked instead of being in edible form and sorry to say it,it sounds like the truth of this is hurting some out there,if it werent true they wouldnt feel or take it to heart.:2cents:
:yeahthatsyou speak da truth

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Can we all agree that it is POTENTIALLY safer to use the medicine of marijuana in an edible form instead of smoking it? Seems logical to me:dance013:

TruthOrLie

Veteran
The coughing in the later months puts pressure on the "water" breaking early. Edibles better then.

A lot of negative stigma comes from D.A.R.E I'm sure... who told us that drugs and alcohol are bad.

Just look at our most successful entertainers and athletes.

Cojito

So you think disobeying the feds is an ethical breach?? Do you really believe this? cause I got some land for sale you would LOVE!!! lol...
It is one thing to make "JUST" laws it's a whole other thing to make the law to bend to your will LOL LOL>> Anyone in here that thinks the feds haven't done this ,,think again! it's bad enough that I have to pay my taxes for these idiots to make the world a very shitty place .. BUT to have to listen to their rhedoric is insufferable imvho. It is truly ashame that ppl can't see this for what it really is and that is "propaganda" at it's finest. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that these guys are tools!!!!! peace out Headband707:dance013:

i'm sorry your world is a shitty place headband 707. :comfort: but i think you missed my point. sure, at times we get lied to by our governments. everyone here knows this. i just think i have a duty to keep informed, vote, pay my taxes, obey just laws, and disobey unjust laws. and while i feel its my duty to disobey cannabis law, understand that breaking the law is an ethical or moral breach for most people.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
i'm sorry your world is a shitty place headband 707. :comfort: but i think you missed my point. sure, at times we get lied to by our governments. everyone here knows this. i just think i have a duty to keep informed, vote, pay my taxes, obey just laws, and disobey unjust laws. and while i feel its my duty to disobey cannabis law, understand that breaking the law is an ethical or moral breach for most people.

Aww the world is a great place as long as your not listening to #1 our Gov's and #2 ppl that think you need to bend to what they call "ethical" and or "moral" . There is nothing more irritating to me to listen to ppl spewing horse shit and making others believe this "horse shit" and the feds have done a great job of this. In 1974 the feds were told that cannabis was and remains helpful to ppl with cancer. Can you tell me what they have done to that particular info. ??? I have a really hard time believing our Gov but you go right ahead if thats what floats your boat. Please don't tell me how I'm crossing an ethical or moral boundy by smoking cannabis. I would have to say to that one "GOOD"!!!! I'm glad I don't think like YOU!! LOL LOL peace out Headband707:wave:

mintz

lets bring this back on topic,i thourght this was about smoking while pregnant.my mother while having me back in the early 1970's used to swollow capsules of premo morrocan oil(not smoked)it was her craving thing when pregnant for me,but not for my two older brothers or younger sister,she defenatly reckons that it had some kind of an effect because when i was born up until about 3 months old all i did was sleep and eat, then she had to really try hard to wake me and feed me,it got to normal thougth,when i was in primery school i was a very dreamy and my concentration was very hard to get unless it was something i was interested in,that picked up at secondary school,all my life my eyes looked stoned dopy and at the ages of 8 or 9 teachers would send letters home saying they think in hi coz of how i looked and my lack of concentration.i did start smoking at age 11(not good)to this day when im not high or not even sniffed a splif people wheather i know them or not allways think im off my rocker or ask me for some thing cos they want to get how im looking,when out clubing and that i get hastled like iv got weed for sale above my head,any way cut a long story short,dont do it unless your really are a bonenafide med user(serius illnesses)or you want a slow lazy stoner looking kid thats going to get hastled all there lives for weed or get acused for smoking when there not:smoweed:(but not while pregnant)