What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoke reports by Jdog...

JDOG6000

Veteran
Choco Deez(chocolate diesel)...6.5-10
Flower time and plant structure:
Grows like a Bush with little stretch.flowers in about 70 days.
Yield:
Small to medium
Appearance:
Looks frosty like thai.
Taste:
Like earthy hashy citrus.
Smell:
Earthy hashy citrus
Smoke / high:
The high is OK, it's kind of middle of the road.
Not a keeper, IMO.
There are pic's in my gallery.

Last edited:
G

first of all... MAD PROPS!

i've been lurking in the shadows for awhile now but just now registered... I've been keeping track of your strains though and theyre all top notch! Only thing that disappoints me is your score of 5 for BB Bub... breaks my heart. I know its not the best but a 5 is very misleading... just my opinion though.

Great thread and great info bro

The only thing that throws me off, is the leaves seem more sativa-ish because they are thinner than most kushes. I just got a supposedly "Swerve Pre-98" cut, and the leaves are super fat and wide, like a normal indica. Haven't flowered that one out yet though.

One question though, how do you typically dry out and cure your buds? Lately I've been drying them out for like 2-3 days until the outside is dry but the inside is moist, then jar them and try to slowly bring out the moisture.

But this particular strain, seems like the flavor doesn't really smooth out until a month or so. Same with yours?

Peace,

P215

JDOG6000 said:
It sounds like the same Bubba Kush I have bro.
The Jdog's Kush is just Bubba Kush.
I got it has OG Kush mislabeled.
So thats why I was confused.
On top of that the club versions of OG and Bubba really threw me off from figuring that out on my own. Because the clubs were I live sell OG and Bubba that is all nothing like the real versions.
I guess they are all mislabeled buds to make money and badly grown S1's.

Anyway, the Jdog's Kush Bubba is the original Bubba Kush. Pre98 or 2000 Bubba Kush.
From what I have been told by people who actually know what they are talking about.
Not random club heads trying to make a buck.
The other Bubba I had was the katsu Bubba.
But I got rid of that one.
The other one is way stronger and I like the taste better.
Tastes like OGish sweet lemon fuel and straight Kush.
Very Bubbaish but not like the sweet musky Bubblegum taste of the katsu.
More like what you would expect from a Kush.

By the way the lemony Bubba is way more finicky.
If you under feed or over feed it. The taste is way different.
It's not like the katsu where it almost always tastes the same no matter what.
Very picky plant this lemony Bubba. Lower yielder then katsu too but the buds are way better in my opinion.
Taste and highwise.

JDOG6000

Veteran
You just need to let it dry all the way before puting it in the jars.
Thats what I do with most of my buds. But especially Bubba needs to be totally dry before hitting the jars.

BB Bubba just smelled good.
The high was weak. And it tasted OK.
I still give it a 5. Compared to Bubba it is a very weak strain.

G

gratefuldawg

Prop215Fiend said:
The only thing that throws me off, is the leaves seem more sativa-ish because they are thinner than most kushes. I just got a supposedly "Swerve Pre-98" cut, and the leaves are super fat and wide, like a normal indica. Haven't flowered that one out yet though.

One question though, how do you typically dry out and cure your buds? Lately I've been drying them out for like 2-3 days until the outside is dry but the inside is moist, then jar them and try to slowly bring out the moisture.

But this particular strain, seems like the flavor doesn't really smooth out until a month or so. Same with yours?

Peace,

P215

You have to dry for more then 2-3 days. Either wait till the stems snap, or throw them in a paper bag after 2-3 days for a slower dry if your in a dry climate. 2-3 days is way to soon, you'll have mildewy buddaz after they sit in a sealed jar with all that moisture. I've made that mistake a couple times, get so anxious waiting for them to dry, and they do seem dry after a couple days, but their not.

Thanks gratefuldawg.

I was under the same idea. That 2-3 days wasn't enough, but what I noticed was if I leave them for any longer, they tend to get super dry and just cure very harshly and crumble. Do you ever get this?

So my thought process was to jar them while they still had "some" moisture as to let them cure more slowly.

The biggest thing I noticed about cure info, is people never really mention how big the colas are. I have a very small HPS, so the colas/buds never get huge say like under a 1000w. So perhaps that's why people think 3 days isn't long enough, cuz they're used to huge buds?

Thanks for the info tho. I appreciate it.

Peace,

gratefuldawg said:
You have to dry for more then 2-3 days. Either wait till the stems snap, or throw them in a paper bag after 2-3 days for a slower dry if your in a dry climate. 2-3 days is way to soon, you'll have mildewy buddaz after they sit in a sealed jar with all that moisture. I've made that mistake a couple times, get so anxious waiting for them to dry, and they do seem dry after a couple days, but their not.

JDOG6000

Veteran
Super silver haze...8/10
Flower time and plant structure:
Took about 65-70 days to finish. This was a clone. Not sure which one.
Yield:
Medium to high yield
Appearance:
Spear shaped sativa type buds that are a little more dense then regular sativa buds.
Grows like a christmas tree. Stretch was about double.
Taste:
Catpiss/skunk/spice
Smell:
rotten catpiss
Smoke / high:
strong up high. Pretty good buzz.

I guess I never took pic's.
But anyway, most people didn't like this one including me.
The catpiss smell was pretty cool.
But it didn't taste that good and it was a little harsh not spicey but just harsh. Not the haze I am after.
Has a good high though.
Still totally bomb just not as good as the clones I usually grow.

Babombeez

Hey Jdogg... awesome smoke reports man... makin' me drool over here...

On the topic of OG Kush, can you possibly give me any insight into Oregon Kid's OG Kush, the pheno I have going of the calikush S1 is indica dominant, not super branchy at all, yields rock hard dense nugs that smell like lemon savory petrol fuel with hints of greasy coffee... any ideas?

The high is very mellow and happy, let this one flower for 70 days...

Thanks man,

Beez :rasta:

JDOG6000

Veteran
As far as I know,O kid just made some S1's. But I have no idea which OG he used.
It just sounds like an indica pheno, like you said.
Sounds good though and looks bomb. Nice healthy plants too by the way.
I think he either had the ghost cut or the SFV OG. But don't quote me on that.

Babombeez

THanks dude, appreciate it... It sorta looks like the SFV to me, but I don't really know...

peace and Merry X mas,

Beez

Last edited: