What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoke reports by Jdog...

JDOG6000

Veteran
Orange Kush...8.5/10(this is a report on the clone I got, this is not the best keeper pheno but it is still kill, The kush pheno is supposed to be a stronger buzz.) I'll report on the Kush pheno once I get my hands on it. People say there is another Orange Kush clone around.
But I've never had it.
This Orange Kush is the Orange Kush I used to get at the club a few years ago. Same high same taste. That doesn't mean it's the same one that has been going around Cali for years and years.
It's just the one I have. Not sure why some people don't get that. lol That being said...I am very happy with my Orange Kush.
Flower time and plant structure:
I take this to about 65 days to get a nice sleepy high from it and to cure my insomnia.Take it earlier for a less couchlock high more of a euphoric body numbing high.
Grows like G13 or Kush, a little bit of branches but they grow like a Branchy kush plant. Huge yielder of super frosty fat colas.
Yield:
Super frosty fat colas. High yielder.
Appearance:
Super frosty dank looking buds that have a white appearance from all the crystals covering it. Some of the best looking bud I've ever seen.
Taste:
Earthy hashy skunk Kush with a sweet Orange G13 flavor.
Or Orange flavored G13 Kush is another good way to describe it. G13 has a very unique taste, I don't think I can describe it. I gues it's kind of like a licorish/clove type thing.
Some people say burned tired but I don't get that from it.
It's just crazy affy funk. Very Middle Eastern and exotic taste and smell.Combined with the rich orange flavor, I like it better then G13 on it's own. Then add the Kush taste and power....and thats that.
Smell:
It has an amazing rich orange smell.
Combined with a G13 Kush smell.
Smoke / high:
Wow this stuff is powerful, puts you to bed if you smoke alot. I love it for my insomnia. It completely cures it.
Makes me sleep like a baby.
But you can smoke less and get a nice euphoric G13 Kush high. Without going to sleep from it. The owner of the club I used to buy the buds at said it is his favorite strain.
So if you like a body numbing euphoric buzz that makes you sleepy ,this is for you. Not everyone will like that kind of high. It's very strong and overwhelming.
I'll get some new pic's from the Orange Kush Plant I got growing now. It's at about 40 days. So I'll get pic's soon.
ALso the yield is huge on this plant. Almost the whole plant is covered in fat flowers.
Last time I grew it was with the old nutes I used.
Didn't yield shit but that was my fault.
This time it's growing huge long fat tops. All over the plant.
Looks like one of my highest yielding plants. Be patient pic's are coming.

I found one old pic...

Last edited:

sqwirl

You finally have it, a Smoke Report Page of your own. It will be nice having all your information here on one page.

That Orange Kush sounds killer. You need to talk your friend into letting this one get out. If he has a better pheno it seems like he would let this one out to more heads.

I'm with you on the G-13 having licorish/clove thing, I've always wondered where the burnt tires came from. But then again I think I've only tried the SoCal G13.

I'm definitly waiting for smoke reports on Kali Mist, CheMists, Schroom, SSH and your original Bubba.

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Bubba and Kali Mist reports will be next.
My Kali Mist report is not going to be a favorable one though. It has a good high but the taste isn't my thing and I have smoked Kali Mist that tasted more like haze a nice affy haze spice. This Kali mist has no spice to it which is the whole reason I wanted to grow it.
The high is great but it is nothing like the old Kali Mist I used love. Report coming soon.

exactlywatt

Thanks for the smoke reports JDOG! As sqwirl says, it's about time you had a smoke report thread. Do you still have the Red Mutant? I've never seen a proper report on her, just some descriptions.

Man, I can't wait to get a room up and running again!

Piffington

Killer Reports JDog, Orange Kush sounds like it was made for me...Waiting on that Kali report even if it's not the old one. You still have that Chocolate Diesel around?Keep em comin' :headbange

S4vvy

surprised at the banana og report. Especially since kk said some people prefer it over og :chin:

J

Jack Crevalle

It would be cool to mention finish times too. The Blackberry Kush is definitely not a keeper if you have access to some of those others, but it finishes in half the time most kushes do. 45 days versus 70 makes a huge difference in some people's book for a kush, but since this is a smoke report, I agree, it ranks with the Banana Kush in low flavor and medium high.
Sometimes the low odor + short flower times + super frostiness make it rate higher on the rating chart for certain growers, but I'm like you, I'd rather have a lower or slower yielding bomb....
Excellent descriptions so far, you are right on the mark with these, I've tried them at clubs and have some of those cuts and you are right on the money taste and smoke wise...cheers

SoulRebel

That's weird, my buddy just ran the banana kush, and it turned out killer @ 10 wks. Very smelly, tasty, and VERY potent!!! :jump: I'll give her a go once this damn weather cools a bit. I would love to run Jdogg's kush as well... :headbange Looked and smelled so killer and unique when I saw it...

... S R... :rasta:

G

Jack Crevalle said:
It would be cool to mention finish times too. The Blackberry Kush is definitely not a keeper if you have access to some of those others, but it finishes in half the time most kushes do. 45 days versus 70 makes a huge difference in some people's book for a kush, but since this is a smoke report, I agree, it ranks with the Banana Kush in low flavor and medium high.
Sometimes the low odor + short flower times + super frostiness make it rate higher on the rating chart for certain growers, but I'm like you, I'd rather have a lower or slower yielding bomb....
Excellent descriptions so far, you are right on the mark with these, I've tried them at clubs and have some of those cuts and you are right on the money taste and smoke wise...cheers

ya know i think the blackberry looks done @ 45 but really needs to go ~70. it's too damn leafy imo. i have to pick off a bunch of leaves just to pack a bowl. i must say it's the best tasting scissor and bubble i've ever had. orgnkid did a great job with her. 2 other friends ran her and one of them loves it so much he wants the cut back. i dropped it for other things. oh and as far as bag appeal it's a 10 no doubt

JDOG6000

Veteran
My BB BUbba went to 70 days too.
There is no way Banana OG is better then OG, it isn't even as good as OG. Not the SFV, Tahoe or Jdog's cut atleast.
BUt it's all personal opinion when it comes down to it.
Maybe I should run the banana OG again incase it was my fault it sucks so bad. The only reason people liked the Banana OG better then Okids OG is because he grew the OG like shit.
I smoked his OG and his Banana next to eachother and his Banana was better then his OG.BUt only because the OG was over fed and all nasty hydro. The chem 91 was even worse then the banana OG. So I can see why he would have heard that alot.
BUt it's not true with buds that are grown right. The Banana OG is actually the worst of the 3. I'm sure some people would like it but not me. I compare shit by how quick it gets smoked sometimes.
And Banana OG was sitting there while everything else gets smoked up.
That says alot to me. Then I'd give it a second ,third, fourth chance and I'd be disappointed every time. No high.
Even if I grew it baD it should still get you high at least a little. lol

I'm gonna add some parts to this report, like flower time and more details from the other report format.
I'm going to edit that other format and take out all the bull. Or I'll at least use it to add some things to mine.

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Kali Mist...7.5/10(Clone from Joeshmoe and slips,pretty sure it's the second version of KM with the more indica in it)
Flower time and plant structure:
Too long...75-85 days for a sat/indy hybrid with way too much indy influence considering the long flower time.
Yield:
High yielder.
Appearance:
Super frosty nice looking buds. Good bag appeal
Taste:
Earthy sour affy taste. Not my thing. No spice like the old Kali Mist I love.
Smell:
sweet fruity, rotton dirt and slight skunk smell.
Smoke / high:
This is the only thing I liked about this strain.
BUt for me I like to enjoy the taste and the high.
Not a keeper IMO. I crossed it with White Mustang to improve the taste but I'm not going to continue working with that strain. It did help the taste but not enough ,IMO.
I have other strains that I'd much rather grow. The old Kali mist is more of a sativa high also, I like that one way better. This Kali Mist is way different then the other KM I've smoked. Not as good, IMO.

Last edited:
G

Nice reports man... lotta infor all at once... too bad you didn't like the banana... hopefully the bubba in the cross will help with the potency. But man the banana taste... how can you not LOVE THE BANANA TASTE?!?!

sqwirl

Thats to bad to hear about your Kali Mist bro. I've always had a special place in my heart for this lady. But with the post-98 version I've been so disappointed. Hopefully oneday that pre-98 version will pop into your hands. I would love to hear a smoke report with that one and see how it stands up against your other strains.

I like the format you've got with this KM, it is simple and easy to read, but also explains everything I'm interested in.

JDOG6000

Veteran
I did like the taste of the Banana, but thats it.
There was just no high. and thats why I smoke weed first and for most. I smoke purples for there taste but it has to atleast get me a little high or I won't bother with it.
Especially when I have limited space for mothers.
It better be good or it won't stay. Taste alone is not enough to make me keep something. Most of my strains taste great and get you blasted. So like I said the Banana would just sit there.
Waist of space in the flower room,IMO. I'd much rather grow something that tastes good and gets you high too. Like anything else I have. lol
I do still have the choco Deez clone guys. Just started flowering one.
SO I'll do a smoke report aFTER i HARVEST.

J

Jack Crevalle

Very good reports. I smoked the Banana OG side by side at a Malibu shop once with the 818 and a different OG, and like you said, I picked up samples of the other 2, and shined the Banana, it looked DANK, but the taste and high were not even close to the Sour Dank OG flavor than the 818 or the regular OG Kush.

Last edited:

mysta177

What up JD......Howzit mang? Your OG ready for a tester? I wanna see how it turned out this time. Keep er green......
FU........JC

G

I think there are 3 kali versions

pre 98 --- 14 week sativa, incence tasite
2000-2001 --- hydro cup winner, 10-12 week, more sweet, musky, earthy
2003-* 8-10 weeks, compleatly different than both above, have not tried.

Latest posts

Latest posts