What's new

Skunkman Sam's Secret Dry Sift 2009

Quick

If he didn't, why would he be keeping the idea to himself, he's not a fool, if he had no plans for it he would tell us the secret, he has stated so himself....

krk

Its tric bees there easy to train...I have been doing that for years. Its only a secret in some circles. He was not the first to use bees to gather trics.

haze crazy

I have a couple theories about how it is made.

Looking at the few hints in the thread I noticed Sam thought of the method while in Africa. Low tech was a quote....

This opens up to the possibility he shaved his body free of all hair, danced and ran naked all morning among fields of trich covered colas, His body was de-resined by lovely maidens scraping a knife over his skin... Wait maybe it was the maidens who ran naked... anyway it was left to dry in the after noon heat of the hot african sun. When dried to glass like crystals it was pulverized in a mortar with a pestal (by the maidens?) then dry sifted into a fine silky power.

Or a slightly more technical method ...possibly several pounds of primo bud were placed into a hopper with several framed screens underneath. Each frame with progressively smaller mesh. In the hopper there are several vibrators from the "adult fun shoppe" as well as more vibrators placed on each of the screen frames.

Am I close??? Sam? comment??? Silence will only lead us to believe I'm on the right track..

:biglaugh:

Wow those are kick ass photos, thanks for sharing.

Shred42O

well i guess a co-op in so-cal has claimed to figure out his method or at least how to imitate it heres the link
http://www.weedtracker.com/forums/c-r-e-collective-care-1484/fruit-has-now-been-picked-177380.html
you might need a weed tracker account to look into it but this is what they said
and they call it "fruit btw"

“Fruit”, the newest water based concentrate creation from C.A.R.E has arrived. We apologize about the delay, but the wait is well worth it.
Fruit is the perfection of isolating individual trichome heads per size. Think of perfect bubble bag hash with isolation value of Sam’s Dry Sift. What makes this breakthrough so important is this. Let me give you an example. We have an indica strain like Purple Erkel. As the plant starts to mature, from the large bibulous heads that are Sativa dominate (high in CBN) to the smallest heads which are Indica dominate (high in CBD), the effect changes. Every plant when harvested has a combination of all the different size heads. So what we have done is created a machine that has the ability to isolate each head size, thus for it to produce a different sensation. I.E., again, let’s use Purple Erkel as our example. We have five different size heads which the largest head in this indica strain acts like a Sativa and the smallest acting like an Indica, with variables of Sativa-Indica hybrids in between. We beta tested this theory over the past several months all came out with the same conclusion.

C

Chamba

well i guess a co-op in so-cal has claimed to figure out his method or at least how to imitate it heres the link

lol......for those who haven't seen the photo, it contains lots of contaminant, Sams contains zero..the difference is chalk and cheese. (and never mind the fact that Sams is dry sifted and theirs is ice water hash.)

According to Sam, his secret dry sift method doesn't use the same method of "isolating a narrow size range of trichomes" between two meshes (eg between 75 and 90 micron mesh screens) that I wrote about on fullmeltbubble . com and here on ICmag.com.

maybe what they should "claim" is they read about the narrow range dry sift technique on ICmag or on Bubbleman's site and applied it to ice hash making which is not much of a claim is it, as Bubbleman has been instructing people online about isolating different resin head sizes with their different type of high for near on 10 years with his multi-bag sets of Bubblebags.(for the first few years Mila laughed at him saying that anything under 70 micron in size was useless, then later copied his multiple sized bags, then others simply copied his designs, but not his quality..but that's another story)

it would be nice if they gave credit where credit is due.....but when it comes to cannabis, ego and profit, that's a scarce thing to see

what they can claim is maybe they were the first to sell ice water hash in various sizes.

Last edited:
And this is why these seedy types want it to remain illegal, profit! I personally say, babylon must free up the herb, and no greed should be associated with Ganja :rasta:

lol......for those who haven't seen the photo, it contains lots of contaminant, Sams contains zero..the difference is chalk and cheese. (and never mind the fact that Sams is dry sifted and theirs is ice water hash.)

According to Sam, his secret dry sift method doesn't use the same method of "isolating a narrow size range of trichomes" between two meshes (eg between 75 and 90 micron mesh screens) that I wrote about on fullmeltbubble . com and here on ICmag.com.

maybe what they should "claim" is they read about the narrow range dry sift technique on ICmag or on Bubbleman's site and applied it to ice hash making which is not much of a claim is it, as Bubbleman has been instructing people online about isolating different resin head sizes with their different type of high for near on 10 years with his multi-bag sets of Bubblebags.(for the first few years Mila laughed at him saying that anything under 70 micron in size was useless, then later copied his multiple sized bags, then others simply copied his designs, but not his quality..but that's another story)

it would be nice if they gave credit where credit is due.....but when it comes to cannabis, ego and profit, that's a scarce thing to see

what they can claim is maybe they were the first to sell ice water hash in various sizes.

Quick

Will you tell us if someone guesses Sam?

I have found a way to collect only the nicest heads from MJ, and I was wondering if it was close/the starting point.
I was using my blender to chop up peabud for making bubblehash and each time I dumped the powder/material the sides were coated with crystal, I didn't clean it and after about 1/2 a dozen pitchers full I had about an 1/8 of pure crystal stuck to the sides (almost no contaminant).

I figured this mighta been equipment present in a hotel/bar/house in Africa, and maybe there's a further refinement beyond this....

Seneca

The potenial profits from a pure 99% sift is huge in the future. I'm sure Sam is or has been talked with big pharma about this special sift process. Think about if /when cannabis become legal, Sam will be the King of pure pharma trichs & profits.

There is no reason for most small batch harsh makers to worry about a process with a 10% yield other than curiosity, I sure like to know...

I think people are narrowing in on the secret, there's enough info/speculation floating around.

My best low tech guess is super dry low temps and mechanical vibrating sifting (ie dry ice, freeze dried trim, battery operated vibrators & testing sieves). I'm sure it would only give me a 50% pure sift, if I was lucky, but hell that's better than nothing...

Sam your hash makes people sit down and think of the possibilities. That make it the secret even better, well done!

C

Chamba

every second comment, guess and question in this thread is a repetition of posts from the previous threads devoted to Sam's secret dry sift method. ho ho hum

what's the difference between Santa and Tiger?

Santa stops at three Ho's

Have a Happy Ho Ho Ho

I

Irie Jack

Hey everyone!

Based on the pics some other guy posted and some stuff I read on the internet but haven't tried, I would like to postulate about how to harvest good resin. Rather than experiment, I'd just like to talk a lot about it while proving and learning nothing.

Based on some NASA documents about cleaning plumbing fixtures in low gravity, I have a wildly speculative idea that I myself am not willing to bother to put to the test. Anyone know where to get some Higgs bosons and an electric toothbrush? You kids try it out, and let me know when you are successful.
Cynical and Love it!

photi

lame. the invention of the printing press spawned the enlightenment due to its effectiveness as a medium in sharing ideas wide and far. the internet even more so. hoarding knowledge stunts humanity. again, lame.

zenoonez

Veteran
lame. the invention of the printing press spawned the enlightenment due to its effectiveness as a medium in sharing ideas wide and far. the internet even more so. hoarding knowledge stunts humanity. again, lame.

Lol he is just trying to make his money and pay his bills like the rest of us. When you find a drug that cures baldness, or cancer, or erectile dysfunction, you just don't patent it and give it away okay? The sense of entitlement in this thread is absurd.

photi

Lol he is just trying to make his money and pay his bills like the rest of us. When you find a drug that cures baldness, or cancer, or erectile dysfunction, you just don't patent it and give it away okay? The sense of entitlement in this thread is absurd.

that's just it. the process is so simple that there is not a way for him to make money with it. that is the vibe i get from reading this thread and from reading bubbleman's and sam's comments. if cannabis were legal the world over, then he could probably make tons of money selling his product, and i would be the first to support him in that as the prospect of money provides great fuel for the advancement of ideas.

there are growers who share there expertise in growing, BHO guys who share their expertise in extracting, qwiso, breeders, bubbles, guerrillas, etc etc. then when it comes time for a globally known breeder and hash maker to share his expertise in the dry sift, he camps on that info, well...that's just lame. certainly the choice to share is up to him, but really.

my perspective has nothing to do with entitlement, sam the skunkman's stance simply goes against the spirit of all these other cannabis experts and the pot smoking community generally (not that the community is any sort of monolith). it is off-putting, and, frankly, bad PR.

i have nothing against capitalism, but it does not seem that that is what this is about.

mr.haze420

Veteran
why don't we leave sam alone, if he wants to sit in his room with his hubble bubble pipe, wooden matches and his super secret sieve all by himself so be it. i could care less. i prefer real quality import and the sieve i get from my resin heaven
28351resin_heaven_001.JPG

SuperConductor

Veteran
The potenial profits from a pure 99% sift is huge in the future. I'm sure Sam is or has been talked with big pharma about this special sift process. Think about if /when cannabis become legal, Sam will be the King of pure pharma trichs & profits.

Big pharma aren't interested in hash, they don't want to be associated with the drug culture just the drug. If they want it as pure as possible they'll do supercritical CO2 extractions, they don't care if it tastes good either.