What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunk One could it be done.

acespicoli

MTNMEN,

I have to agree with you about the 60s and there being some skunk around back then.I think I know the story your talking about them leaving for more friendly areas. With the skunk it's hard to find for sure and it's rare that you can get seeds or cuttings even from frinds that have it. I remember those seeds being tiger striped snd when grown out purple stripes on the stems having a smell of toffee when you rubbed the stems almost like coffee and a little skunky when they were small. It defiantly looked like the columbian gold in the bag huge lime green and sticky. Corky actually got my attention with his posts seems he's on the right track! I would be interested to see how that project turns out! Hardest part to find is the Acapulco Gold second best bet might be original haze? If I ever get my hands on more seeds I'm sharing to keep it going it's getting really rare! I'm really enjoying this post brings back some great memories! :)

MTNMEN

I am not even remotely embarrassed to admit what i'd do to help bring back that line and keep it perpetually going. I am in both feet!

Dankwolf

RKS smell is/was a recessive trait and very hard to 'fix'. Old Afghani lines would be a good place to start IMO. That and LARGE plant counts, by that I mean 100's or 1000's of plants to search through. I know several breeders have worked on RKS the last few years and I haven't seen/read/heard of anybody doing it yet.
Good luck on your project.

I second this .

corky1968

Veteran
I had a real life experience with a insanely strong smell once and I hope it translates well to Cannabis. :peek:

acespicoli

corky

There is few things I think are worthy of mention. I read the Colombian for whatever genetic reason prefers this method of crossing ..... Colombian x (Acapulco x Afghani) Also the best that I got had certain soil it was like a shale kinda soil >>>>Make sure the soil is warm, moist, and well-aerated. This will create the optimum environment for bacteria to convert the *sulfur* to sulfuric acid usable by the soil. <<<< just a idea I know its genetics and all!

I was wondering the sources and phenos ?
Cultivators Choice - Acapulco Gold
Selected, superior Mexican. Produced in 1984 in Mexico. No seeds grown yet. The Buds had big, golden, sweet flowers. Almost sinsemilla. Not collected in Holland.

(info from 1985)
Santa Marta Colombian Gold has been one of the genetic bases of many of the most renowned and respected modern marijuana cultivars. It is one of the dominant strains in Original Skunk #1, created by Sam the Skunkman and SS and has also been used to excellent effect in one of RM own seminal Love Potion marijuana line.
Santa Marta Colombian Gold (IBL) is a long flowering pure sativa strain that produces soaring highs with a lemon hash/cat piss flavour. This generation was selected from thousands of plants.
Flowering Time: 10-11 weeks
Harvest: Month December
ghani#1 or Afghanica ? coffee pheno? :thank you: :canabis:

J

jaded1

Maybe take 1 of isp's afghans,a santa marta gold genotype from sams sugar haze but would struggle to find the Mexican!

mack 10

Veteran
Bodhi has Mexican.
I'm looking for a great Colombian gold to cross to my Afghani.
The one mentioned above sounds like a great place to start.
Are they still available @Sam?

Also, Reefermans Santa marta Columbian Gold, also fits the bill.
Anyone seen either for sale anywhere?

acespicoli

Super Sativa Seed Club - Skunk-Mexican Hybrid
M16
A classic example of a good Indica-Sativa cross. The male was an early consistent stinky skunk variety. The female was an early consistent Oaxacan Mexican Sativa. Early maturing Heavy yields of super potent, sticky buds. A real winner.

Im thinking this is the one I liked it is the stinky one ......finishes end of October up North
The sweet Skunk#1 has Thai in it just got done reading clips from
1989 SSSC Catalog

w9tzm8.jpg

14nogic.jpg

acespicoli

Bodhi has Mexican.
I'm looking for a great Colombian gold to cross to my Afghani.
The one mentioned above sounds like a great place to start.
Are they still available @Sam?

Also, Reefermans Santa marta Columbian Gold, also fits the bill.
Anyone seen either for sale anywhere?

BC Gold sounds like what your looking for or love potion.
I hope some smcg shows up soon would be nice!
:plant grow::smoweed:

bigherb

Veteran
I think the problem finding this trait is most folk are just shuffling and crossing the commonly available strains . Well nothing commonly available is RKS

Just my opinion , But I have doubts the RKS is or was a 3 way hybrid . IMO I believe it can be found in some old school unsourced Ghanis or untouched BLD from Middle East . There is clearly genetics there not westernized, we see videos on YouTube and pictures from our military brothers but only a very very very small percentage seem to make it to breeders in our community. I can only think of Bodhi and reeferman who actually travel and aquire then work and sell landrace stock .

If I recall B said he was working a RKS, maybe something we see in the near future

Forget about old Skunk #1 seeds , your better off making S1 of Chem91 and digging threw those

1luvbigherb

IM$

@acespicoli Yea about 3 to 3.5 weeks more. She is really taking her time. but definitely worth the wait.

@Goatcheese It has that sweet skunk smell, really dank, kind of lemon pledge scent, The high is up, and happy. very good anti depressant. This was my first time growing anything Sensi. I had heard some bad stories, but when I went to Amsterdam, I wanted something old school, so sensi skunk #1..... Very happy with growing them. The yield was incredible. She has big buds all over. definitely something I will be keeping around for a while. The only drawback is that she takes a while to flower. 11.5 weeks

acespicoli

These are the results of the 1988 High Times Cannabis Cup
Cannabis Cup
Cultivators Choice for 'Skunk #1'

Cultivators Choice
10 Cannabis Strains

1. Acapulco Gold
  2. Afghani #1
  3. Early Girl
  4. Indi-Sat
  5. Mazari-Afghani
  6. Orange
  7. Original Haze
    [*]Skunk #1
  8. Skunk #1 x South Africa
  9. South African

acespicoli

Mazar-i-Sharif aromas of hash, juniper and orange
Also supposed to have pepper and sage I had a pepper pheno once it was very nice
spicy kinda like a spice cabinet smell peppery after taste

They are pretty!
May provide the pungent aromas in indica form the 84 black paki would be one to find

X18 like PTK is an old indica line derived from Pakistan import that was introduced to Northern California in the early 1980's. Bred for many years by my very able friend "the chemist".
X18 is pure, never outcrossed, and breeds true for many traits.
The unique sour apple/pear/citrus smell/flavor is very strong (far from subtle) and nearly fixed in the line.
70-80% of the line is characterized by this flavor, with the occasional extreme skunky phenotype as well.

IM$

That X18 sounds delicious...... sour apple pear...... now that would be something I would like to grow.