What's new

Ski and Snowboard season 2011/2012

T

THE TROOPER

who's your doc? that's great work...you should heal up just fine buddy!

TT :tiphat:

Mr.Burn

Dude, I got pictures excactly like that :(
I got mine snowboarding aswell, bad luck.
I ripped the muscle holding the arm in place, so pretty much gone for the season.

Right now I'm having a J cause I broke three ribs skiing last weekend, and the pain really enoys me, lol

Have a chill recovery

snaggy-

Thanks guys! and vibes to everyone with shitty injuries....fuck. My doc was A+....US Olympic team doc and shieeeet. Came with a large price tag though.

First time posting in here! Sorry to hear about some of your injuries, shit sucks major and I wish you all a quick and painless recovery!

Any shredders from WA area? Unfortunately I'm out for the rest of the season (just found out yesterday I tore my ACL and a few other minor ligaments) but just wondering if there's any locs on the boards!

How's everyone's season going so far? Anyone got any sweet tricks down or some goals for tricks you'd like to get?

Shitty season for sure...

Only made one trip so far, but have another coming here soon!

Anyone want to suggest any places out in the PNW??

Gonna be out in eastern WA and southern BC here soon. Calling for rain/slush all over and have only found a few where the weather looks like it is going to be nice...

Rain at whistler and mt baker...

Anyone ride 49 degrees north, snoqualmie pass, or stevens pass??

Stevens is the SHIT! Snoqualmie has an awesome rail setup but sucks besides that (besides Alpental.... But there's only a slow 2 person chair so the lines suck).

Stevens somehow flies under the radar despite having some of the most amazing inbounds terrain I've ever seen. But planning a trip to anywhere in the PNW is a total gamble. We'll get one day of 16+ inches of pow, then the next day it will be rain and crap. But if you land on one of "those days" there's really nothing that can describe the fun you'll have!

L

LouDog420

Hey SHF, just finished my boarding in the PNW around the WA, ID, and BC area...

Landed on one of those days for sure!!

Ended up with 7 inches of pow, followed by 8 inches of pow, and then a measly 4 inches in the 3 days~!!

Rode some great mountains out in the area...

Schweitzer, 49 degrees, red mountain... Never made it much farther west than 49 though, so I skipped out on stevens and snoq... Alls good though. Hit up schweitzer on an absolutely legendary day where they were sitting on a foot and a half of new snow ;)

Fuckin' fantastic as I got super lucky with one of the nicest weekends of the season!!

:wave:

Awesome man, I'm stoked that it worked out well for you! I've never had the pleasure of riding Schweitzer myself but I've got some friends that live in Moscow that swear it's heaven on earth and it sounds like you got a nice taste of that! :headbange

snaggy-

Yo freddystoophead I know how you feel about the ACL. Tore mine last season, and was recovering this whole season when I fucked myself over again.

That shit will take a lot of time to heal. I was released to ride again at the start of the season, but I am still only 80%....should be back to 100 at the end of the summer. Don't fuck around with that injury--played too much beach volleyball last summer and did not let it heal at all.

Damn man another serial injurer huh? Well shit man sorry to hear about that because I honestly feel your pain. Sucks being physically unable to do the thing you love most. Snowboarding is my life so it's pretty devastating to have that taken away.

When did you get the knee surgery? My worry is that I'll get it done and never feel confident on it again. It's kinda like if I can't go out there any huck myself like I would before the injury, then what's the point? I just won't know if I can see myself crusing mellowly and not blasting off shit... ya know?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey SHF, just finished my boarding in the PNW around the WA and BC area...

Landed on one of those days for sure!!

Ended up with 7 inches of pow, followed by 8 inches of pow, and then a measly 4 inches in the 3 days~!!

Rode some great mountains out in the area...

Schweitzer, 49 degrees, red mountain... Never made it much farther west than 49 though, so I skipped out on stevens and snoq... Alls good though. Hit up schweitzer on an absolutely legendary day where they were sitting on a foot and a half of new snow ;)

Fuckin' fantastic as I got super lucky with one of the nicest weekends of the season!!

Fucking epic dude. I gotta see some pics!

L

LouDog420

Just for you friend!!

picture.php

picture.php

Got some videos of runs through the glades... Definitely my favorite part of the trip... Finding those new unique lines down the mountain and while dodging those trees!

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
heading out to so lake tahoe mar 9. planning to do heavenly and maybe a day or two at kirkwood. been so bummed with the warm weather that i'm afraid to check the snow cams

snaggy-

When did you get the knee surgery? My worry is that I'll get it done and never feel confident on it again. It's kinda like if I can't go out there any huck myself like I would before the injury, then what's the point? I just won't know if I can see myself crusing mellowly and not blasting off shit... ya know?

I didn't get surgery because I had a 1/3 of it left, so I just went hard in physical therapy. It never really healed decently until I started logging days on the mountain. I tore it just straight airing a 25' jump...so fucking lame, knuckled it and felt a pop. I lost a good amount of weight though, so it held up when I ate shit on a bit bigger of a jump this season.

Mine's at like 75% of normal and I'll probably only get it back to like 90%, but that is without surgery.
Once you get surgery and rehab it, it should be good as new so you can keep blasting around. I know what you mean though...it sucks having to hold back from what you want to do.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh the pow was super light and dry. i was floating through deep pow like a cloud. Technically being up on the peaks I was in a cloud too.

EPIC!!!!

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
just got back from alta in salt lake city, utah

Lowest base I've ever seen out there, you can definately tell they haven't had their normal share of snow this year.

Silky smooth snow though, like nowhere else.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya utah has the lightest powder on earth. gotta love utah for that. Steamboat colorado has legendary powder too. they call it champagne powder. japan has the goods too. I have never been there though.

Last edited: