What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

moose eater

Happy New Year to you as well, mr. brunch.

Just started a pan of wild rice, and another of short-grain brown rice, to make a wild rice stuffing with andouille sausage, celery, onion, maybe fresh organic mushrooms, and a wee touch of sage, in a whole domestic duck, with extra stuffing left over, I'm sure.

Giblet gravy to go over golden spuds, and some homemade coleslaw.

Can't say I'm sad or reluctant in any way to witness the 2022 calendars headed into the trash bins. Nope.... not at all.

Perhaps either another bonfire this evening, just my wife and I, or perhaps a journey into the fireworks show in town at the University's West Ridge, where they put on an elaborate, expensive, stellar display of explosives in color each New Year's Eve.. (*My wife was initially opposed to that, as it brings back now-sad of then-happy memories for her from when the kids were here, and we did that as a family, but maybe it's past time to accept the future, what ever it may hold?)..

Don't burn anything down celebrating with class-C explosives!! Certainly not that shed!! :)
OK, this will require more scissor hash. There wasn't a single giblet in the duck!! The package clearly states 'with giblets'. It's a Canadian Product, from Ontario, and I just bought a case of 6 of the buggers!!

Do you know anything about this, tobedetermined??

I want answers!! Answers, I say!!

Who in the States or Canada handles fraudulent wholesale duck sales? On a holiday week-end? Is there a hotline number?

Where's my pipe!!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
that's outright fraud, moose! and if it came from Canada then no doubt international treaties have been broken. it could mean war! maybe it could be settled with a snowball fight... 8 minutes to New Years here now. gotta load my bowl. see you folks next year...

moose eater

that's outright fraud, moose! and if it came from Canada then no doubt international treaties have been broken. it could mean war! maybe it could be settled with a snowball fight... 8 minutes to New Years here now. gotta load my bowl. see you folks next year...
Drenched in maple syrup and left on an ant hill. Carpenter ants, to be specific, but with that Canajun white soft wood from Western B.C.!!!(yes, we all know it's hem-fir, aka hemlock, but....).

The good news is that a 'flute' (what ever the hell measurement of volume of liquid -THAT- is) of Kirkland's Asolo Prosecco (11% abv) has only 3.8 grams of carbohydrate and about 120 calories, so all systems are go, the cork is lying lifeless in the driveway, and all bets are off.. for at least a few minutes, anyway.

Were we wagering on something?.

Made the trip into town to see the fireworks at the U, but knew when we left we were much later than normal.

PURE CHAOS! Anarchists should be required to have an IQ that proves they can effectively live respectfully by their own rules without inconveniencing others or causing excess mayhem!! You know, thoughtful non-conformists and freedom-lovers!! That group of anarchists was largely absent in town tonight!!

People parked in medians on every road near the U, and all roads in the area, as well as shoulders... even on freeway on-ramps!! Lawlessness!! As a life-long criminal, I felt very much out of sorts. These were -not- my brothers and sisters from years gone by!!!

I'd proposed to my wife (about 34 years ago. No, wait, she proposed to me...) Anyway, I'd suggested that we maybe go and see the spot we normally park near, below the experiemental farm at the west end of the U, but by that time, I was so weirded out by rampant evidence of normally ultra-conservative voters parking where ever they pleased, that I was certain the same mayhem would be there by the farm, as it has been in recent past.

Nope, my older son just called; apparently much of the Borough had the same idea, probably a result of chem trails or the HAARP Project; some sort of mind-control!! They were all seemingly out on the roads and shoulders/medians. The spot we'd normally park apparently had none of the mayhem of past years, and my son had a fine spot, lots of room, no one parked in the middle of the road there, and even the reindeer at the farm were mellow this evening.

I'm sure there's a lesson of some Buddhist sort in all of this, but I'm not trying to decipher it tonight. No way..

More Prosecco please!!

Now, where's my pipe?

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
OK, this will require more scissor hash. There wasn't a single giblet in the duck!! The package clearly states 'with giblets'. It's a Canadian Product, from Ontario, and I just bought a case of 6 of the buggers!!

Do you know anything about this, tobedetermined??

I want answers!! Answers, I say!!

Who in the States or Canada handles fraudulent wholesale duck sales? On a holiday week-end? Is there a hotline number?

Where's my pipe!!
I did a bit of digging and it turns out the the duck producers up here had a massive cull earlier this year because avian flu broke out across Canada. A lot of them were almost wiped out - breeding stock and all. A real hard hit for the industry. So I suspect that they figured out how to 3D print ducks now to prevent any future disease disrupting the supply chain. So maybe the missing giblets is just a glitch in the print driver. Anyways here is Justin's number 613-992-4211.

moose eater

Good point, @tobedetermined . Do Canadian ducks taste like chicken?
No.
I did a bit of digging and it turns out the the duck producers up here had a massive cull earlier this year because avian flu broke out across Canada. A lot of them were almost wiped out - breeding stock and all. A real hard hit for the industry. So I suspect that they figured out how to 3D print ducks now to prevent any future disease disrupting the supply chain. So maybe the missing giblets is just a glitch in the print driver. Anyways here is Justin's number 613-992-4211.
Thanks. I'll give him a call. Is he up late/early as a rule?

There's still 5 in the freezer as evidence, but the carcass of the initial offender is in the slow cooker as I type.

I'm hoping to avoid a charge involving unintentionally tampering with evidence at this point.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Do Canadian ducks taste like chicken?

A good question. But I don’t know because I think that I have eaten more duck out there than at home. Like Peking Duck in Beijing. Or is it Beijing Duck? I never got a straight answer on that one. But I should have recognized it as a presage to a strange and dark time.

beijing.jpg

moose eater

I suspect that he likes to sleep in. Make sure you leave your address so they can send our spy drone. I think that we still have one.
No doubt a refurbished DeHaviland Beaver with a remote control, right?

I'll wait until around noon or so Ottawa time.

Holy cow! That's only another hour and a half!! Maybe he'll have to wait for my call. I'm going back to bed. Just got up to clean up dog vomit.

moose eater

so, the DUCK was drunk? i thought ducks and red wine complemented one another....huh. live and learn. :shucks:
When they're not flying or breeding, ducks are either eating or drinking. They hide their flasks well, though.
In deeper consideration, they're probably a lot like us, except for their flights not getting cancelled as often, and by the holidays, they're typically already where they want to be. Though, they tend to stay there a fair bit longer.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’m case anyone is interested in a look, I’m just putting up a link for my new test grow for rgs - erdpurpz (erdpurt x purple freeze)- intended for outdoor but giving them a winter trial under leds.
Still early days
All the best :tiphat: