What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Erdpurpz indoor

ive grown frisian dew and some other outdoor varietys before
my advice is give em BIG pots , like 30-40liters

i put em in 18liters i think back then and it was all fluffy buds while the indoor varietys were all fine .
i think it was because theyre used to being in fullground they didnt live up to their name

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks for the heads up mate 👍
Genetics on these are : erdpurt x purple freeze ( appropriate for the current weather) .. spotted a couple of pics of an outdoor one on another forum, but if @PANIKZ can chime in with any more info it will be more than appreciated :tiphat:
Potting later so pics soon

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ve put them in some pots of soil, lightly watered them then topped with a little more soil. They are now standing in a seed tray wrapped up in a plastic bag somewhere warm for a few days.
5x erdpurpz (one missing)
they are joined for now by two critical purple kush and a mystery fem seed I am germing for a friend
Erdpurpz
Then 3 extras
Then all in the bag :tiphat:

F808D4F9-1485-458A-956F-4AB9719B436B.jpeg

42943D29-2617-46AD-9D83-C9FD70033CFC.jpeg
F316B279-BD62-488F-840C-AA45464855D2.jpeg

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I would wait with the plastic bag till you got some decent plants. You risk rotten soil when it can't dry. A warm bright place is enough to let them grow.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I would wait with the plastic bag till you got some decent plants. You risk rotten soil when it can't dry. A warm bright place is enough to let them grow.
?
I have been germinating cannabis seeds this way for over 30 years, no problems yet.

When you sow direct to soil, the idea is to use a tiny amount of water, cover with dry soil, then cover and provide base warmth- usually up within 3 days.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Day 9 since popping up from the dirt, doing well- the last headbanger x opg came down Friday so they have the tent to themselves.
I’ll be aiming to repot 4 into buckets in the next day or two and I’ll update further then :tiphat:

F1279656-1FF9-4657-A797-6363CE33112E.jpeg

6B193A5B-CCA5-49BF-AA80-7A0A0A9A84CA.jpeg

C01542B7-716A-4DBF-82BE-4FA174B156AF.jpeg

Happy Christmas Day everyone 🎄🎅

mr.brunch

Veteran
All watered in and ready to go
I am encouraged by the look of the roots, they seem nice and vigorous

DD3CEC0C-80F9-4C08-85CC-5100D182C8B1.jpeg

Under the Mars hydro fce-4800 , which is performing well- no shady spots, and a good yield last run especially considering the very cold last few weeks.
Planning to top these and take clones :tiphat:

Edit: had to remove a couple of pics, clumsily left a piece of card with a friends details on visible :spank:

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
4 days on (18 days old) and looking strong- very short internode distance at the moment
(Plants in the middle are the other 1 erdpurpz and 3 different seeds I popped, they’ll only be here for a week or two)

43212D7D-55F2-4C3D-BD52-8531E57D6C8E.jpeg

45C86F74-BC4E-44FC-8EF1-1611C3CBDBCE.jpeg

3627AFFF-885A-47F0-A475-81F5350C77B5.jpeg

8221F695-6786-4044-86DF-8052D9EBC5B5.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
I should add, the orange bucket may seem out of place, but there’s a method in my madness.
It saves me labelling-
all the same strain = no worries, all the same
2 and 2= 1 strain on right, one on left
3 and 1= odd seed out goes in orange

Makes sense in my brain anyway :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nice roots...what's your soil if you don't mind me asking??
Thanks mate, I’m using miracle grow premium all purpose…. Used it last grow on headbanger x opg and they loved it so I’m converted. Very light and airy, holds water well and slow release feed in.
Didn’t have to feed for about a month last time 👍
Here’s the Hb x opg at 55 days

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks for following along mate, much appreciated
I stumbled on the soil by chance, I’ve gone through many different ones over time and the recent peat free ones I find don’t hold the water well, and garden centre own brands tend to come with added fungus gnats 😱
This was the only one they had not in those categories
:tiphat:

Airloom

Veteran
Thanks for following along mate, much appreciated
I stumbled on the soil by chance, I’ve gone through many different ones over time and the recent peat free ones I find don’t hold the water well, and garden centre own brands tend to come with added fungus gnats 😱
This was the only one they had not in those categories
:tiphat:

I spent much of this season fighting aphids and fungus gnats; I hear ya.
The thought of sterilizing soil is worse than the cure IMHO
I now keep fresh nematodes handy (Steinernema feltiae) and Dr Zymes eliminator. Best practice is to keep my soil healthy but sometimes….you need an intervention.
I even use potato slices as opposed to sticky traps to monitor my soil for fungus gnats. I found that info on a local agricultural extension service web site. (works for me anyway)

Every time I check in here (almost) I find a new medium being used or a new twist on what I’m doing. It’s amazing the information freely available here. 📡

Latest posts

Latest posts