What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
Warm night
Sittin outside my shed.
It’s been a hot clear day today, so the veg has had a good soaking- hotter tomorrow so it’ll be needed
Into the twilight hours - still pretty light, but the solstice has passed now.
I recently found out that we have no official night between end of may and 19th July here in the uk- it’s all classed as twilight.

Took a photo of the new moon- looks thinner in the sky- and the local bat popped into shot

picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
Potatoes are getting attacked by wireworms/eelworms.... bastards...
lost 4 plants already, and there’s no effective treatment apparently.
Looks like it’s containers next year.
Never mind, I guess it will give me more veg patch space for other things

mr.brunch

Veteran
It’s a windy and bright summer day today, just how I like it... plenty of fresh air for me, and the garden gets some sun... win win.
On a less bright note, my dad has just been diagnosed with secondary cancer.. he’s been looking ill since the beginning of lockdown but the hospital has pretty much left him to it.
Not good.
I may be a little more absent from my threads, but I’m still around.
All the best everyone :tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's illness B. Cancer is a total monster. Many of my own family members have fought the battle, my uncle is right now. Hoping your pops can pull through. Sending good vibes and positive wishes.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's illness B. Cancer is a total monster. Many of my own family members have fought the battle, my uncle is right now. Hoping your pops can pull through. Sending good vibes and positive wishes.

best wishes for your father. good luck...

Good vibes and peace going your way brunch.

Thanks for the kind words guys
Cancer is a nasty, sneaky one that creeps up on people unawares...
20 years ago this year my mum passed away from ovarian cancer- same deal, creeped up on her and too late by the time she realised.
Going to see him in a minute, but I have to stand outside the window because of this virus.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Raining again
This summer is shaping up to be a damp one. Been really windy the last few days too.. weather forecast saying that it should warm up at the weekend so the veg patch will like that, it’s all looking healthy but I’m sure it could do with some sun.

mr.brunch

Veteran
If anyone knows how to get hold of RSO, please let me know.
Apparently his cancer may be untreatable, so I’ve got to try what I can

mr.brunch

Veteran
First stripey tomato picked yesterday, and straight into a ham sandwich.
Very nice.
I’m reading that they are an open pollinated heirloom variety, so I can save the seeds with confidence for next year.
Runner beans coming on lovely, picked a few small ones last night.

Can’t seem to locate any rso yet, but I’m working on it- got a selection of cbd oil on route though. Radiotherapy has been done on the tumour, but it’s also spread into the spine too.
Not good.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
First stripey tomato picked yesterday, and straight into a ham sandwich.
Very nice.
I’m reading that they are an open pollinated heirloom variety, so I can save the seeds with confidence for next year.
Runner beans coming on lovely, picked a few small ones last night.

Can’t seem to locate any rso yet, but I’m working on it- got a selection of cbd oil on route though. Radiotherapy has been done on the tumour, but it’s also spread into the spine too.
Not good.

so, had an uppity stripey volunteer to go first, eh? love heirlooms, not interested in hybrid shit i have to buy every year...well, not in veggies. pot can be different. hate to hear of spreading. hoping for better news...

mr.brunch

Veteran
so, had an uppity stripey volunteer to go first, eh? love heirlooms, not interested in hybrid shit i have to buy every year...well, not in veggies. pot can be different. hate to hear of spreading. hoping for better news...

Got some pretty large beefsteak tomatoes starting to turn also... I scraped the seeds out of a tomato earlier in the year, and they’re doing fine- I do like free stuff.

He had skin cancer a couple of years ago which they radiotherapy’ed and it went. Now it’s spread to a tumour in his back, plus several places in his spine- not looking good.
Thanks for the kind words mate :tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Got some pretty large beefsteak tomatoes starting to turn also... I scraped the seeds out of a tomato earlier in the year, and they’re doing fine- I do like free stuff.

He had skin cancer a couple of years ago which they radiotherapy’ed and it went. Now it’s spread to a tumour in his back, plus several places in his spine- not looking good.
Thanks for the kind words mate :tiphat:

had 2 skin cancers excised a few years back. no recurrence YET. (big 3 letter word, that) praying for the best on his behalf...AND yours.

mr.brunch

Veteran
had 2 skin cancers excised a few years back. no recurrence YET. (big 3 letter word, that) praying for the best on his behalf...AND yours.

It’s kind of annoying- the hospital were supposed to check 6 monthly in case it returned... he got a lump at the bottom of his back in December, but the hospital kept fobbing him off , said it was a cyst... then lockdown came... he eventually got a scan and biopsy in late may, by which time he can’t even stand or sit up.
Plus it’s spread to the spine.
Apparently it’s the most common place for it to spread to - yet they didn’t even check.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Well, it’s been a strange month.
My dad is now on chemotherapy tablets, after they decided he isn’t suitable for immunotherapy (which would have been the first choice for his type of cancer)
and someone who I can only describe as one of life’s good people Has sent me some extract which I have made oil with - this is helping Greatly with the symptoms.
If you are reading this, thank you a million times- it has made a world of difference.

In other news, little miss b goes back to school next week... it’s going to feel like they’ve taken my right arm off, she’s been home for so long...
Tomato harvest has been huge, and the pumpkins finished very early.... waiting on the sweetcorn though ...
:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Still picking tomatoes- they’ve done very well this year, been making soups and pasta sauces- also been giving away lots.
Looks like a house move may be on the cards in the near future (if all goes well) as this place is definitely too small for us.. I’ll have to start a whole new veg plot if we do though... that’s the only drawback... I’ve been building the soil for years.

Hope everyone is well :tiphat:

G

Still picking tomatoes- they’ve done very well this year, been making soups and pasta sauces- also been giving away lots.
Looks like a house move may be on the cards in the near future (if all goes well) as this place is definitely too small for us.. I’ll have to start a whole new veg plot if we do though... that’s the only drawback... I’ve been building the soil for years.

Hope everyone is well :tiphat:
Take your soil bro? I took my worms cross country lol.

h.h.

Veteran
Well, it’s been a strange month.
My dad is now on chemotherapy tablets, after they decided he isn’t suitable for immunotherapy (which would have been the first choice for his type of cancer)
and someone who I can only describe as one of life’s good people Has sent me some extract which I have made oil with - this is helping Greatly with the symptoms.
If you are reading this, thank you a million times- it has made a world of difference.

In other news, little miss b goes back to school next week... it’s going to feel like they’ve taken my right arm off, she’s been home for so long...
Tomato harvest has been huge, and the pumpkins finished very early.... waiting on the sweetcorn though ...
:tiphat:
The hard times can be some of the best times if you make them that way. Stay strong.