What's new

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
The new year well and truly underway- little lady back to school, and time to clean up the shed
I also got to go and clean and reset the tent , and I’ve bought the last few grows worth of soil home ready for digging into the patch.
Most of the compost I spread has been munched up by the worms already, so the soil should be happy

mr.brunch

Veteran
Cold in the shed tonight- -2c out here and I’m feeling it.
The coffee is just about heating up my belly, but I’m feeling sorry for the dog... he’s up and down the garden after foxes, his nuts must be icicles by now...

mr.brunch

Veteran
Just moved the shed contents around a bit... I was having a stoned think and realised I could squeeze more space out of it if I swapped the sofa and chair around.
Cut my hand and skinned my fckin shin, but it was worth it :biggrin:

T

Teddybrae

You poor Pommy bastards having to put up with the weather. Still ... you haven't any fires to put out.

mr.brunch

Veteran
You poor Pommy bastards having to put up with the weather. Still ... you haven't any fires to put out.

Mate... I really do not envy you guys.
Our weather is like a walk in the park compared to a lot of places in the world.
We don’t get much of a summer, or any snow to speak of- lots of rain too, but we don’t tend to get the extremes.

Now if the country itself was a bit bigger I think it would be better, as we’re a bit crammed in, but it’s not a bad old island

mr.brunch

Veteran
Made some Gumby hash today, with the addition of a couple of coffee filters at the last step... makes that whole drying bit much easier.
I let it nearly dry, then squished and pressed by hand into a lovely ball of sticky black hash- almost takes me back to my youth.
Thought I’d better get the trim out of the freezer (mix of: sweets, chem og and triangle cheesedog x church) and we got 16 grams back which was more than expected.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Very nice smoke.
I find it best to put some little lines of it in the middle of a weed joint... although maybe it was a bit early in the day for that. :kos:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Wouldn’t be right without a picture...

picture.php
picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nothing like a good winter bonfire to clear up the place...
With coffee and smoke, of course :tiphat:

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

When I lived in your country ... in the middle there ... we used to burn coke for heating.

In the wilds of Scotland from whence I originated, we burned coal. Primitive northerners! I still remember the Coal Man delivering his sackful down the back yard. (I set a fire in the coal shed once. It went out.)

Here we burn forests and wildlife ... and sometimes people and their houses ... or even people IN their houses.

However it has rained and all fires are out We've had over a foot of the stuff and I have to bring my Gorrilla Bubble into the shed out of the rain in case of mould. Put it out when the sun's shining.

Bye bye for now ...

mr.brunch

Veteran
Glad to hear the fires are out at last
The house I lived in a few years ago had open fireplaces- we used coal to get a base going then lots of logs... a farm not far away gave you huge barrowloads for £3.
We didn’t let them go out through the winter, just a stoke up in the morning and more logs. Properly heats the whole brickwork of the house, not like the poxy radiators we have here.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Storms coming tonight.. got to get outside and fix the trampoline down to the floor.
I’ve got some bent metal tubes that I’ll hammer into the ground over the legs and we should be good
Hope the shed stays where it is

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
High winds will blow a trampoline around like a paper plate. Happened to my buddy in junior high, trampoline nearly hit the neighbors truck and was torn to pieces. So many fond memories on trampolines were made growing up, and so were the countless injuries from our foolery.

mr.brunch

Veteran
We had the neighbours trampoline blow into our garden last year, and as far as I know they haven’t secured the new one - winds were 40 mph last year, tomorrow we’re supposed to be getting 70 mph.
I only just built ours, and I’ve saved the legs from the old one which I’ll hammer into the ground later. Fingers crossed

mr.brunch

Veteran
can you just flip them over upside-down?

Unfortunately not ... there’s a large safety net/enclosure around the top.

It’s going nowhere now though... these poles go 2ft into the ground and I’ve done the same on each leg, hammered right in like the top one in the picture

picture.php

Betterhaff

Veteran
Could always just get on it. Your weight may keep it on the ground…and if it takes off, well, may be one hell of a ride, lol.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Could always just get on it. Your weight may keep it on the ground…and if it takes off, well, may be one hell of a ride, lol.

Could be fun... although it would probably stay where it is with my belly on it. Mind you, it does take my weight as I have to bounce on it with miss b when I can’t think of an excuse

mr.brunch

Veteran
I think the extended rainy season is starting to let up... not completely gone but drying out a little.
I’ve rearranged the garden a bit, moved the trampoline and a young Apple tree (hope it survives... I gave it a dose of root stimulator when I re-planted it) and I’ve planted 3 more rose bushes. Got a blueberry and blackberry to go in , and I’ve extended the veg patch to nearly double.
Veg seeds are lined up waiting, and seed potatoes are sprouting on the windowsill ... going to plant some tomato seeds indoors tomorrow, and hopefully last week of the month I can get a few things in the ground.

Did the first lawn cut of the year today, and my back is letting me know about it.
Happy springtime :tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

Happy Autumn back to you! Cool weather here at last. Unfortunately the Weather Report advises Moulds and Downy Mildew will come with the change.

Latest posts

Latest posts