What's new

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
Didn’t lose the tooth.., which is handy as I’ve not got that many left really.
It’s a broken tooth with infection, which explains the pain I guess... I’ve been taking the antibiotics for a few days and it’s starting to feel better.
Got to go back for a root canal and crown in the new year

On a brighter note, the Christmas turkey has been delivered... 19lb 8 this year, plus a small gammon joint to go with it. Got a housefull this year, little miss b is most excited to have some extra family around for dinner.
You’ll find me in the kitchen most of Wednesday :tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I also get to have a root canal and crown after the new year! :woohoo: Santas being very generous this year. I think the family has a large ham they are roasting. I don't care for ham, would much rather it be a turkey. My favorite Christmas and Easter dinner would be a lamb roast. They're hard to come by though, not to mention everyone I've seen gets imported from Australia or New Zealand. No one bothers raising sheep domestically for meat anymore.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Lots of lamb over here in the UK - and I got a small leg roast - always served with mint sauce - of course -

Instead of a huge great big turkey this year - I just bought a 2 and a half kilo Turkey Crown - to roast - just the best bit - the breast bit -

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lots of lamb over here in the UK - and I got a small leg roast - always served with mint sauce - of course -

Instead of a huge great big turkey this year - I just bought a 2 and a half kilo Turkey Crown - to roast - just the best bit - the breast bit -

Nice..
I always get the full turkey so there’s enough left to make a turkey and ham pie, and some bits for the dog... can’t leave him out of the festivities
Got either 8 or ten coming for the main event, so should be plenty to go round.

The hospital called this morning with a cancellation appointment opened up, so I’ve got to go and have a festive ultrasound now... great.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Damn antibiotics didn’t work on the tooth, lots of pain .. got to go and get a course of different antibiotics in the morning.. got some codeine earlier which is taking the edge off for now.
Christmas Eve tomorrow, little lady is getting very excited... first year she’s really understood what’s going on, and she loves it.
Hope everyone is treating themselves over the festive period... I’ll certainly be spoiling myself with plenty of nice bud and coffee, and as much food as my tooth can manage.

A wise man once said to me “don’t forget to treat yourself sometimes, cos no other fucker will”

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Took 3 rounds of antibiotics to knock my infection back. I swear tooth abscesses are the devil. Penicillin and Amoxicillin wouldn't take. Finally Azithromycin did the trick. That stuff's saved me from some wicked infections in my life. Hope you get better soon. Try and enjoy the holiday in the meantime. :comfort:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks mate, I’ve had the amoxicillin now I’ve got metronidazole... tricky when eating also which could be a problem for Xmas dinner
Happy Christmas Eve everyone :tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

Happy Christmas Mr Brunch and Family. Sorry to hear about yr tooth pain. Hope you have a nice day today.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Happy Christmas Mr Brunch and Family. Sorry to hear about yr tooth pain. Hope you have a nice day today.

Thanks mate... with a few codiene and some numbing gel I should be ok... of course, the weed will help :biggrin:
Happy Christmas to you and yours, and a fine new year also :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Stage one out of the way... we’ve been sprinkling ‘reindeer food’ (made at school- oats, flour and cheerios from what I can see) then once little lady is indoors, I’ve been running around the outside of the house jingling some bells, then dashing back into the kitchen before I’m missed.... well worth it to see her face saying “daddy I heard a reindeer!”

It’s all about the memories... There all we have, in the end

mr.brunch

Veteran
Stage two done
Stoned Santa brunch filling the stockings, trying to bite the mince pie with my good teeth and failing... milk was good though.
Merry Christmas all

mr.brunch

Veteran
Merry Christmas to you too, sir. hope little miss brunch has a big time in the morning..:woohoo:

Merry Christmas Mr. Brunch and Bunch!!

Thank you guys, and a very happy Christmas to you...
presents all opened and the cooking has begun ... ham in the oven...

picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
Quick joint break while cooking.... all the meat n bits are done, just got to get the spuds and Yorkshire puddings in, make the gravy, then relax....
It’s been a busy day :tiphat:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Had pasta at the relatives last night, kind of a tradition. Woke this morning dreaming of ham. Now you really got me going, lol.

Merry Christmas to the Brunches.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Had pasta at the relatives last night, kind of a tradition. Woke this morning dreaming of ham. Now you really got me going, lol.

Merry Christmas to the Brunches.

Cheers mate, hope you’re having a good Christmas
The ham went down lovely, I glazed it with mustard/sugar/cranberry so it was very juicy
Enough left for a pie tomorrow :biggrin:

mr.brunch

Veteran
And everyone is fed and asleep... job done.
It’s all good fun and that, but I’m glad it’s only once a year- I’ll be itching to get the decorations down now and get on with the new year.
Probably not much chance of that yet

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Smoke until you're motivated... or at least apathetic.

I'm glad to hear that ham turned out, let me know about the pie!!

:yummy: