What's new

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
Happy Autumn back to you! Cool weather here at last. Unfortunately the Weather Report advises Moulds and Downy Mildew will come with the change.

Autumn and spring are my favourite times of year... hope you’re enjoying the much needed cooler weather - sucks about the mould forecast , have you got any planted out?

mr.brunch

Veteran
It always looks nice, but I can’t eat eggs.
I’ve often thought cheese and ham would be a good addition

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Is that the same as bread dipped in egg and fried? If so , that’s what I made miss b for lunch today :tiphat:

is vanilla a spice? i mix a lid-full off of the bottle of vanilla in with my eggs/milk mixture. cinnamon can go on after frying if desired... french toast, hot sausage & maple syrup washed down with a tall glass of cold milk. welp, gotta go!:woohoo:

Betterhaff

Veteran
is vanilla a spice? i mix a lid-full off of the bottle of vanilla in with my eggs/milk mixture. cinnamon can go on after frying if desired... french toast, hot sausage & maple syrup washed down with a tall glass of cold milk. welp, gotta go!:woohoo:
In my book it is...but try a cap full or 2 of amarreto instead.

too bad you can't tolerate the eggs mr b.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Eggs just don’t like me unfortunately
I always feel a little cheated when it’s cooked breakfast time ... although I like black pudding and everyone else says no thanks, so I guess it evens out

Mrs b made me ground beef with onions carrots and gravy tonight, one of my favourites, with mashed potatoes... perfect comfort food.

mr.brunch

Veteran
@mr.brunch

How are things in your neck of the woods re: corona virus?

Hope you're well.

Best.

Hi mate, thanks for your post
Seems like the shops are run out of most stuff... eerily quiet compared to normal.
Little miss B has got a continuous cough, so it looks like we’re all staying in the house (and shed, of course) for the next week or so- very surreal.
How are things where you are? Hope it avoids you.
All the best

mr.brunch

Veteran
Very quiet out here in the shed.
Not hearing any cars, planes or groups of shouty peoples... maybe everyone’s getting the idea.
Waiting for the storm to pass I guess.

I’m going to get some potatoes in the ground tomorrow, maybe pre sprout some peas- tomato seedlings are coming on well in the window so time to put em in the cold frame soon too.
Grass could do with a cut...
I’m so lucky to have a garden, We’ve been making mud puddles for little lady who loves jumping in them- trampoline is getting a fair usage too.
She’s handling the whole lock down thing very well, we’ve had a few tears but she’s being very grown up about it.

T

Teddybrae

Number Two Son came to visit yesterday. Brought us news of the Outside World.

He says all the vegetable seeds in the Hardware Stores have sold out.
He says people from coastal cities here are buying out whatever the supermarkets in country towns have on their shelves.

Good thing: Shouldn't be any busts at present ... or we'll hear them coming it's so quiet.

Happy gardening!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Number Two Son came to visit yesterday. Brought us news of the Outside World.

He says all the vegetable seeds in the Hardware Stores have sold out.
He says people from coastal cities here are buying out whatever the supermarkets in country towns have on their shelves.

Good thing: Shouldn't be any busts at present ... or we'll hear them coming it's so quiet.

Happy gardening!

Thanks mate
I’ve sprouted potatoes saved from the kitchen cupboard, and saved pea and tomato seeds and also runner beans from last year so luckily I didn’t have to buy many seeds this season... brought some cucumber ,corn and pumpkin seed already.
We’ve had a little late cold snap this weekend so I have held off planting, but I’m intending to get the potatoes and peas out at least this week.

Quiet again tonight, or as quiet as it gets with the damn tinnitus (left over from surgery long ago) but I can tell the background is eerily calm.

Got a nice fat cookies joint on the go... I gifted a friend some seeds today and he gave me an old fashioned eighth in return, very nicely grown and much appreciated ... so I’m enjoying it with a mug of hot fresh milk with cream and sugar added.
Not my usual drink, but nice to indulge myself while the weather is still cold.
:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Extra garden tip:
Instead of spending £2-4 on a pack of 30-ish pea seeds, get a box of dried peas for cooking.
50 pence a box and literally hundreds of peas which grow just lovely. :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Cmoon

FFS youre serious...and it works:tiphat:
right, im coming down shed with a key , litre jack Daniels , what bus number am i looking for:biggrin:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Definitely works well, The tomatoes do well too and I only split a few tomatoes, wash the seeds and dry out on kitchen paper.
I see people spending ££ on heirloom tomato seeds these days, when they don’t realise they could just buy a couple of heirloom tomatoes for a fraction of the price... then keep the seeds and have a nice sandwich too.

Cmoon

Definitely works well, The tomatoes do well too and I only split a few tomatoes, wash the seeds and dry out on kitchen paper.
I see people spending ££ on heirloom tomato seeds these days, when they don’t realise they could just buy a couple of heirloom tomatoes for a fraction of the price... then keep the seeds and have a nice sandwich too.

Too bloody true m8 but its nice to splash a fiver on the havnt done s trains:tiphat:...Peppers are great but finicky in a uk climate, Toms of many varietys have been my cover 20 year but tbh not much you cant recycle and must fess I didnt have a clue with the dried peas

you sure youre not pulling my pisser:laughing:

bests cmoon

T

Teddybrae

Well Mate, the Missus and I are trimming. Green. There's an awful lot to do.

We're pulling the grow just as small amounts of downy mildew are visible under some leaves and on some stems. It's still high 20's (Centigrade) here and the humidity is up a bit.

We have bananas hanging ripening on the verandah and plenty more in the garden. We have Pittaya which is a central American cactus that gives big globular fruit that to me tatstes like pears. High vitamin C and Magnesium.

There are tomatoes too. They grow wild here.

But if the supplies stop we will surely starve to death unless we snare wallabies and eat them. At least that worst-case option remains.