What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Day 21

Day 21

Nightmare Diesel

picture.php

LOUSY photo, but you can see the colas starting to climb here

picture.php

Veg tent:

Front row: ND, ND, ND, ChemD

Back row: Blue Satellie 2.2

Middle beer cup: Golden Goat

picture.php

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Hey Silver, the best advise I could give would be too
start play'n around with the different modes, such as
the CA. or creative auto, if you set the dial to CA and
then push the Q button, here you can set the ambiance
of the photo, standard, vivid, warm, cool etc....
Also if you go too the program mode and again hit the
Q button, here you can set the brightness & control the
flash timing, by adjust'n the flash timing you can catch
the photos in different phases of the actual flash... :thinking:
try playing around with those setting and see what works
best in your particular situation, and don't be afraid too
pick up that owners manual, I know... I know it's hard, but
were not assembling a grill here, cameras are complicated !

P.S. Hint, hint, pages 46 thru 48 covers the CA mode... :YaRight:
Hope that helps more than it confuses you, let me know.
Gotta roll, work awaits... :Bolt:

Oh ya, your plants look great, nice and shiny !

Greenheart

Veteran
The girls be smoking hot in this house. Good job silver hawaiian!

Didn't have any beer mugs to bring to the party so this will have to do. We can top it up with my sigbottle and some lemonade if you like.

On that bho thing?
Use a Glass Pie plate that will fit snuggly in the rim of a crockpot. Use water to fill to the brim with the pie plate in place take the pie plate out and go get your tube. It should be Stainless Steel(SS) 1.5"OD 1.25"ID pipe cut to 16" length. One end gets a wad of SS Dryer Screens (A SS scrub pad works as well). Then cover that end with a SS sink strainer basket screen that is held in place by a SS hose clamp. The other end gets a wooden cork stopper with a SS Basting needle. It should be packed snugly but not overtight with about 2 zips. Work 2 cans of quintuple refined butane through it onto the glass pie plate. allow to finish dripping then put the pan onto the prefilled, preheated crockpot. Allow to sit UNDISTURBED other than perhaps temperature adjustments low to high and back for about 45 minutes to an hour. Resist all temptation to pop the bubbles early. Once most of the bubbling has stopped and you have a bunch of smaller bubbles left and things are starting to get to a string and shatter stage it is time to pop the bubbles. At least that is how I know to do it. After you have popped the remaining smaller bubbles allow it to sit for a few days still undisturbed and some of the micro bubbles and such will continue to release. Others may have other advice but this way did not seem to leave much trapped gasses.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
The girls be smoking hot in this house. Good job silver hawaiian!

Didn't have any beer mugs to bring to the party so this will have to do. We can top it up with my sigbottle and some lemonade if you like.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=28094&pictureid=622930&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
On that bho thing?
Use a Glass Pie plate that will fit snuggly in the rim of a crockpot. Fill to the brim with the pie plate in place take the pie plate out and go get your tube. It should be Stainless Steel(SS) 1.5"OD 1.25"ID pipe cut to 16" length. One end gets a wad of SS Dryer Screens (A SS scrub pad works as well). Then cover that end with a SS sink strainer basket screen that is held in place by a SS hose clamp. The other end gets a wooden cork stopper with a SS Basting needle. It should be packed snugly but not overtight with about 2 zips. Work 2 cans of quintuple refined butane through it onto the glass pie plate. allow to finish dripping then put the pan onto the prefilled, preheated crockpot. Allow to sit UNDISTURBED other than perhaps temperature adjustments low to high and back for about 45 minutes to an hour. Resist all temptation to pop the bubbles early. Once most of the bubbling has stopped and you have a bunch of smaller bubbles left and things are starting to get to a string and shatter stage it is time to pop the bubbles. At least that is how I know to do it. After you have popped the remaining smaller bubbles allow it to sit for a few days still undisturbed and some of the micro bubbles and such will continue to release. Others may have other advice but this way did not seem to leave much trapped gasses.

Greenheart, welcome! Thanks for swingin' by, both with booze, flurrs, AND know-how!

Good idea with the crockpot, as a kind of perpetual/sustainable source of steam. My tube rig is less sexy than yours sounds, .. The extraction tube is glass, about 1.25-1.5" diameter, about 16-18" long..

You know what's the real pisser about this bho endeavor of mine? I just used up all of last round's trim, and learned just enough to know that I want another crack at it. :D

silver hawaiian

Veteran
~sprout - u da MAN! :thank you: Very very very helpful input on the camera stuff..

Slight improvement, though I've definitely not got this thing licked just'chet.

Nightmare Diesel 22 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Is the stretch done on the GG, Silver? She sure gets busy in a hurry....

Hey smilley! :tiphat:

Thanks s'much for swingin' on in.. Good question on the stretch. The short story is that this is my first run with her. So far, though, I like her, a LAWT.

Like you said, she's gotten busy in quite the rush, and when I give'er the finger rub & stinkfinger, it's an overwhelming LEMON, like literally sniffing a freshly zested deal.

I was told she didn't stretch, .. Some advice I may've taken too literally. :yappy: But she's probably around 125% .. I'm not sure, but she doesn't appear to be slowin' just yet. Not moving upwards at an incredible pace, but I'm kinda diggin' it. It's made me realize that rather than growing the bottom row up to just the bottom of the shelf above it, I can actually grow it taller than that (probably up to another 8"), and just train it up & out from underneath the shelf, towards the bulb a smidgen..

I'm really excited to run her s'more, already. The stink is awesome, and now that I understand a bit better how she grows, I think I might could make her my bitch, a la the ND.. :spank:

It's too late now, but I've got a cut of her rooting & situating, .. Had I know then what I know now, there'd be 3 or 4. But from one can be, .. More'n one. :blowbubbles:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey man, looking good! I've been following in the background. The GG is a nice strain for sure, I've never grown her but I keep getting great reports back from my bros on the other side of the pond. Love that Nightmare Diesel too my brother. Keep rocking it!

HGO

silver hawaiian

Veteran
i thought there would be more training by now

Good call - the ND is the only one who's been really trained as I'd envisioned..

Initially, I had the Goat all pinned back/spread out against the wall like the ND, but she she continued her vertical climb, I had to pull her out and away from the wall a smidgen to give her some help in growing out & up from underneath the shelf above her.

(Good timing, actually - I've been thinking to myself that I really oughtta go open her up like the ND, even if I need to use longer ties to do it, and even if she doesn't splay out nicely like the ND did)

There's also a Strawberry Diesel x ChemD in the room, a couple days behind the other two. She's also in the Goat category - not yet trained against the wall, but that's coming..

Good question Avinash! :thank you: But, yeah, the short of it is, .. The ND is the best example of what I'm imagining.. It's sort of turned into a candelabra of colas.. (Colaabra?)

And on that note, it dawned on me last night, I really ought to start training these vegging ladies a smidgen, ..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
yup
train em early
ime, plants not trained at all in veg have a hard time of it in flower, id suggest start training when flipped into flowering, at the latest...
good lookin plants nonetheless, keep it up silver

silver hawaiian

Veteran
This community is awesome for multiple reasons. Dudes like ~sprout tell me how to use a camera, and dudes like Avinash. remind me that I should follow through on my initial plans, like training. :whip:

GG a little more opened up:

picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry Diesel x Chemdog

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Training takes patience for sure....I'm barely patient enough to veg, let alone train them.....lol.

SOG grower at heart - damn plant limits violating my liberties and rights and freedom of choice. Oh wait, I mean, the illusion of said things.... uggggghhhhh.

Prohibtion sucks - what a massively horrific failure and curse on the entire world.

dank.Frank

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
sound like your havin my kinda night frank.
pics are great silver. like sprout said just play with it. take a few of the same shot with some different settings so it will be easier to see how they affect things. im glad your well on your way to getting a good veg on the next round. that goat stretched alot huh? im glad. i didnt like the no stretch bit really. (hmmmmm. maybe its not the goat? mislabeled cuts i heard of something like maybe?)

Greenheart

Veteran
My tube rig is less sexy than yours sounds, .. The extraction tube is glass, about 1.25-1.5" diameter, about 16-18" long..

You know what's the real pisser about this bho endeavor of mine? I just used up all of last round's trim, and learned just enough to know that I want another crack at it. :D
Glass is cool probably even nicer than the SS but for a $35 investment it worked pretty well. Wasn't sure what your setup was so thought I would share.

Yeah, using all the sweets is a bitch...nothing left for the brownies.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats what im talkin about silver, propper LST and training and u will really work that room, seriously, training and extra veg (w proper container size for adequate roots) is hela-worth-it. i really love LST and training lately, would love to give it a try vert. like u and marlo.
dont forget to train!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
sound like your havin my kinda night frank.
pics are great silver. like sprout said just play with it. take a few of the same shot with some different settings so it will be easier to see how they affect things. im glad your well on your way to getting a good veg on the next round. that goat stretched alot huh? im glad. i didnt like the no stretch bit really. (hmmmmm. maybe its not the goat? mislabeled cuts i heard of something like maybe?)

I'd say she's packed on another 25% or so in height - so nothing obscene, but more than I was imagining when initially told.. But like most things silver, it's probably user error. :)

I'm really excited for her already though - lemony lemons that just lemon. :yummy:

thats what im talkin about silver, propper LST and training and u will really work that room, seriously, training and extra veg (w proper container size for adequate roots) is hela-worth-it. i really love LST and training lately, would love to give it a try vert. like u and marlo.
dont forget to train!

Thanks for the nudge, really. I used to train the shit out of my broads when I grew overhead, and somehow I've just gotten away from it.. I think laziness is a factor. Okay, I know it is.

If I could get everyone to play as nice as the ND did against the wall, I'd be a happier dude.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Used up the last of the rapid rooters, and the damned bucket is calling my name.

All parts (pucks, manifold, baskets, pump, sprayers..) have been soaking in some serious bleach water since last night..

I finger I'll re-assemble everything and let it run with [fresh] bleach water through it for a day or so, ..

And then the only fingerin' I'll be doin' is keepin' mine crossed.

Latest posts

Latest posts