What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver's second straight-bulb several strain sweetened soil sweetness. Seriously.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Nice to see the room getting loaded. One more shelf to go in right? :)

Good call - ultimately, the plan is to have three shelves, for two levels of three walls.

I took out the middle shelf this time 'round because I overvegged the ND, .. Although now I'm seeing the possibility that I could leave that middle shelf out, grow a taller variety on the bottom there, and use some of that up-top wall space to train the upper level (on L and R sides) over toward that center piece of the wall..

:dunno: I gotta get goin' on the next wave. It really sucks - this whole 12-per thing isn't entirely conducive to starting beans, at least for the sake of a perpetual deal, when I'm starting 3-4 at a time.. :wallbash:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya i noticed the shelves, good lookin in a vert setup, but then that second bulb pulled all the way to the ceiling (?) sup w that? or did u have it raised for the pic?

lookin good tho

silver hawaiian

Veteran
The second bulb has been lowered a few inches. The idea here is to essentially have two one-light donuts, one atop the other. The top level plants just went in (yesterday) - I like to keep the bulbs up above the plants to promote stretch, and then for the second half of the party, I lower the bulb back into the donut itself..

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Sorry y'all. Been busy with stuff IRL (makes me feel so teenaged to use acronyms like that).

Also was busy getting my head and brain cells blasted out last night at the Primus 3D show. :D

Everything is looking good.. Mostly.

In the interest of full disclosure.. While I was adding a sheet of panda on the floor, I had to sneak it under the pots (ND, GG, ChemD). After I was all done, I noticed that in the process, I'd snapped a main branch on the ChemD. Snapped, as in, almost broke the fucker clean off.

I splinted it and she seems to be recovering like nothing ever happened, .. But, yeah, that happened.

Photos soon enough - rest else is hunky dory, hummin' along..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look who decided to show up in his own thread!!!
Primus 3d, im guessing that was a fn awesome show? they are playing a festival called moogfest in the south.... thrown by mood sythesizer company based in appalachia...

don worry, plants are very hardy n tough w breaks ime, if u splint it immediately itll prolly b ok.... im hoping 4 u...
how far along was the chemd?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Show was f*ckin' TITS. Briefly regretted no psychedelics, then I realized who cares, the show was just that frickin' good that I really didn't give a shit.

They played some obscure(ish) stuff that I've never seen 'em play before.. *

Set I
To Defy the Laws of Tradition
Golden Boy *
Moron TV
Jilly's on Smack
Spagetti Western
Groundhog's Day
Hamburger Train *
Del Davis Tree Farm *
Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers

Set II
The Return of Sathington Willoughby
Prelude to a Crawl
Last Salmon Man
Dirty Drowning Man *
American Life
Over the Falls *
Lee Van Cleef
Bob *
My Name Is Mud
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver

Encore:
HOINFODAMAN
Tommy the Cat
(With "The Awakening" Snippet)

The ChemD was probably about 4 weeks into flower when I subconsciously tried to murder her. :dance013:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
look who decided to show up in his own thread!!!
Primus 3d, im guessing that was a fn awesome show? they are playing a festival called moogfest in the south.... thrown by mood sythesizer company based in appalachia...

don worry, plants are very hardy n tough w breaks ime, if u splint it immediately itll prolly b ok.... im hoping 4 u...
how far along was the chemd?

I'm in Asheville for the weekend. Going to moogfest tomorrow. Stoked on Prius. Gza etc

It's beautiful here. Nice change of pace

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Asheville huh? You're in my old stomping grounds. Definitely a cool town. That's awesome you saw primus man! I'm catching them next weekend, going to be sweet!. :yes:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
hi budman

hi wdi

Upper L side (Strawberry Diesel x ChemD on the left, Blue Satellite 2.2 on the right) Day 7

picture.php

Upper R side (both Nightmare Diesels) Day 7

picture.php

Golden Goat day 37

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good silver, some of those ladies look LSTed proper, good job on that, seems like if u wanted to u could easily have more plants in that space.... my2c

more than one ashevillian in this thread i see.... very cool town, glad yall are enjoying the festivities

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Stack'n up nicely there Silver, what's up with the rotten meat thing,
is that normal ? I always heard it was a chem`e/fuel`e thang ! :dunno:

Look'n killer my friend ! :watchplant:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
looking good silver, some of those ladies look LSTed proper, good job on that, seems like if u wanted to u could easily have more plants in that space.... my2c

Thanks man - the plants that just went in a week ago are a sort of work in progress when it comes to the training. They're trained in a sort of roughish way, but as they stretch and I see how they're going to shape up, I adjust 'em on the fly..

I've not yet figured out the best way to fill up the space. I've limited to 12 plants, total. Now that I'm seeing how that Nightmare Diesel is growing, I'd be happy with four of those on each level (8 flowering, 4 between moms/cuts/vegs).

I think the ND will be in the garden for a while, so I'll get her tweaked soon enough. The other challenge is that I'm a total variety nut/stricken with reefer ADHD, so that means new varieties, .. New learning curves.. :tiphat:

Stack'n up nicely there Silver, what's up with the rotten meat thing,
is that normal ? I always heard it was a chem`e/fuel`e thang ! :dunno:

Look'n killer my friend ! :watchplant:

~sprout! Thank'a sir!

The meat thing is weird, right?! I've heard other people use the term to describe a stink before, but hadn't ever experienced it. When I was on my hands and knees laying the panda on the floor, I got this nasty whiff, and it hit me..

And upon further investigation.. :yoinks:

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
That is weird... Hopefully it taste better than it smells !
Dude`r I know brought over some weed called Dogg shit,
yep sir, :fartyparty: taste`ed and smelled like shit all right !
Lol... frick'n gross !

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Update - no pictures, but knowhow.

Update - no pictures, but knowhow.

First batch (Golden Goat, Nightmare Diesel, ChemD): Day 41

Second batch (Blue Satellite 2.2, Strawberry Diesel x ChemD, Nightmare Diesel x2): Day 11

Today I was able to get a good amount of training/fastening on the new batch. Part of the challenge w my setup is that I don't veg where they'll ultimately flower & finish, so I have to train them in their pots, in the veg tent, in anticipation of their entry to the bloom room.. (Run-on sentence much? :shucks: )

The method thus far is to get 'em generally trained & whipped into submission (any kind of submission - not necessarily according to the room they'll go into. Just get 'em bound and bent and kinked first), .. And then, once they're in the flower room, I keep 'em loosely trained, but mostly let 'em do their thang.

What happens then is, as they stretch, they become more leggy, and a little more pliable. At the least, they're a bit larger and I've had a chance to get a feel for the shape they're wanting to take..

From there (today's work), I can begin to work to splay 'em all out.. For the next 2-3 weeks (even beyond), it's a matter of playing it by ear, watching how they want to grow, and making that work for me (or putting them to work for me - whichever :whip: )

Also, it may be worth a food recap:

The new batch (11 days) gets a mix of EJ grow, EJ bloom, EJ catalyst, molasses, ful-power, Orca, super thrive..

I've decided to give this batch (notably the ND) a smidgen of N at the beginning of flower because the f*ckers run so long - 82 days last time. They seemed to peter out a bit last run, so I'm hoping that the the boost of N as they go in to flower helps 'em stay strong throughout..

New flowerers get this mix 1-2x/week for the first couple weeks.

The steady batch (day 41) gets a mix of EJ bloom, EJ catalyst, EJ meta-k, ful-power, molasses, super thrive. I sometimes substitute Neptune's Fish Hydrolysate for the EJ bloom.

They get this about 1-2x week, 'til about 2-3 weeks before I feel like they'll be ready..

In the rez for all watering between feedings:

ProTeKt - 2 ml/gal

Ful-Power - 15 ml/gal

SM-90 - 5 ml/gal

Edit: Throughout flower, everyone gets a top dressing of high P guano every 14 days for the first 6 weeks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts