What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver said he shouldn't start such a thread since scarce shall time soon seem.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
bruh

I barely grow anymore

I'm like.. Limp dick mode, fa sho

TBH the batch I just took down has been sitting in bags, .. No motivation to even really dig in to it. Shrug. I think I've reached that tipping point where I'm just going through the motions because shutting it down is like, so, like, permanent, nawmsyn.

In other news, our boy will be FOUR tomorrow. Holy fuck. He is one bachelor's degree old.

JFC

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
It's been well.....ok I guess. Ha! Your kid is just about ready to start school. Mine are just getting done. Oldest graduated this year, next in line has 2 more years to go. On a little break right now from helping my oldest move. Her and her boyfriend just got their first apartment.

So you know what that means? Another few hundred a month I'm gonna have to come up with for bills, lol. Of course mom can't know or else she'll bitch at everyone, including me ! But I don't see anything wrong with helping them get on their feet. I can remember when my grandpa used to help me. So time to pay it forward.

In grow news, things are jamming. Popping new seeds, looking for the "one" . Enjoying everything I find on the way, lol. Got quite a few nice Chem cuts. Now just need to grab a couple more OG cuts, besides the Fire OG I have.

EDIT: Limp Dick mode, LMFAO!!!! That's good stuff right threre!!

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Sup dudes

Where the heck y'all been? Been awfully quiet around here. If I can't trust y'all to run my thread when I'm gone doing life stuff, who's 'posta run this thing?!

Got two lone plants finishing up right now. Well, one. I took down a Dubb yesterday at 63 days. She's drying now, definitely not looking forward to trimming that shit.

I have a 2.0 that'll go another couple weeksish, then that might be la fin. I have a rooted Glue that I never took out of its baby party cup, so now it's about 2' tall with zero branching and screaming for a larger home. I might lop the top foot or so off, let it branch out, and flip that for one last hurrah.

Just ain't got it in me, I feel like. Like, mixing a new batch of food is a chore. Takes about 180 seconds, but has become totally off-putting. Same with the prospect of trimming any of this shit. It's been feeling like I'm at the point where it's easier and more feasible to just buy some weed every now'n again. WTF.

Will likely keep a large stash of each of these two plants, perhaps bang out a big (for serving size: 1) glue, then call it a day.

How's everyone else? Lives are good?

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
You gotta know when to fold em. I had to hang it up and until the little guys get bigger, the grow is in remission. Keep your head silver

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
all things must end, and really silver, you had a pretty good go of it. im glad we developed a strong enough friendship to carry on at a personal level. i know many of those less fortunate will miss you around here. but on to bigger and better things! first bobble, now you. makes me wonder how that life would be for me. well, someones gotta do it, right!?
best of luck to you and yours buddy.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Crickets :peek:

Been real quiet lately. I blame it on instagram lol

i blame the rugrats

You gotta know when to fold em. I had to hang it up and until the little guys get bigger, the grow is in remission. Keep your head silver

LOL

Thanks y'all! Life, life, life. Kids are growing up - holy shit, the boy is halfway to age eight?!

Likely ain't no remission for the grow, just straight up excised. Not the end of the world - but I know I'm going to have that itch again (within 48 hours of taking down the light, ha). Who knows - maybe once full rec legal comes, then maybe my wife will feel differently about grow + larger-sized kids in the house.

For now, though, it's all about the fact that I feel like I've got zero time for the grow. Life is gently (lol jk) nudging me away from the grow and into more upright-citizen/working-stiff/square type shit.

Who knows. Half marathon is on the 16th of this month - I'm super stoked for the race itself, but will also be happy to get this dumb shit out of the way. Like, seriously, running 3-4x/week?! Ain'nobahdygaddimefadat. Maybe I'll have more free time/less pressure to run and I'll change my tune again.

One thing fa sho: I'm bipolar when it comes to my enthusiasm for the got damned grow.

all things must end, and really silver, you had a pretty good go of it. im glad we developed a strong enough friendship to carry on at a personal level. i know many of those less fortunate will miss you around here. but on to bigger and better things! first bobble, now you. makes me wonder how that life would be for me. well, someones gotta do it, right!?
best of luck to you and yours buddy.

Yessir! Thank god for you & icmag - otherwise we'd never have met and I'd have gone smokeless in Hotlanta a few years back! Dudeski, you gave me the recipe for my first organic soil mix -- seems like a lifetime ago!

Me & bobble have one thing in common (I think), and that's the whole life-gently-nudging thing. Other than that, no commonalities, as he's by far a better grower. (Him & most of icmag, #realtalk.)

budman, when you referenced kenny rogers (omg just typed loggins), you made my brain start to recite this on its own:

"So while you're in it, try to get as much shit as you can
And when your run is over, just admit when it's at its end"

Whoda thunk, the shit I'm now getting instead is actual human shit inside a diaper. :huggg:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
I'm not far behind you brother
About to sign a two year lease. Get another job and when the lease is over so will my growing more than likely. Kids are getting big and since I'm not moving where I can afford to be legit time to just hang it up and lose the stress of it.
All the best silver. Hit me anytime( you should get IG)

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Dudes! I'm BACK! ..well, not growing, just back on this site. Hot dang, I've even forgotten the emoji thingies 'round here.

How's everyone? Well, sure as my last post kinda guessed, our state got legal rec last fall. Lots has changed.

We moved, right on schedule. New place is stupidly big for our family (literally woke up the day after we made the offer like "WTF HONEY WE DON'T NEED ALL THAT SPACE.") But it's in the exact corner of the city we wanted, the exact school district, the exact SCHOOL, .. We could not have asked for better neighbors (one next door with a POOL!), there's a big pond in the neighborhood RIGHT by our back yard, walking trails through the neighborhood - Heck, our son can walk to school and only have to CROSS [neighborhood] streets. Otherwise the whole route is on the trail!

The sort-of-humorous part is that our new basement is literally bigger than our entire old house - AND it's got taaaall ceilings down there. And did I mention legal rec? LOL. One thing hasn't changed - I got like no time!

Still smokin' off the final harvest from January 2018. LOL.

An uncle of mine is looking to get into growing - I directed him to this site & then realized I oughtta see what's new & exciting myself..

I hope y'all are well! Feel free to pipe up or PM me, I'd love to hear from ya!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Welcome back homie! Headed your way in a few days, might be able to drop some cuts if your cloner still works.

Ask bobble the history of the sour dubb I got from you, seems like it's not the real one but it's one of my favorites for sure and I'm wondering what the fuck it might be?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ask bobble the history of the sour dubb I got from you, seems like it's not the real one but it's one of my favorites for sure and I'm wondering what the fuck it might be?

If you are talking to me I got that from Bobblehead like 5 years ago. I gave it back to bobblehead. That is all I know about the linage of the sour dubb I have. I do know it is leafy and people love the hell out of it.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to see you back, Silver. Also, glad to hear so many positive things have developed for you! I can feel your positive energy. Don't be a stranger. You know what to do. :joint:

dank.Frank

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
If you are talking to me I got that from Bobblehead like 5 years ago. I gave it back to bobblehead. That is all I know about the linage of the sour dubb I have. I do know it is leafy and people love the hell out of it.

No but you reminded me that he told me it came from bobble.

I think I grabbed it from Silver in '14 or '15 after the Clio cup. I go another copy of dubb that I have not flowered yet.

The one from bobble is the shit though, wondering where he got it, did it come from Genotype or thru ICmagfam....