What's new

Silent 150w HPS Cab

thatguy_247

very nice job man, good luck on the weigh in. im hoping to start my first grow in a few weeks with a cab just slightly bigger then yours and with a 250w in it. hope my temps aren't an issue but i guess i'll see. i was going to try LST for my first batch but do you think super cropping would be better even for a first timer? awesome job and thanks for all the great pics!

Thatguy_247

Barnt

I think supercropping gives less work than lst. I'm actually thinking about just topping next round. Only downside to that method is it does set the plant back a few days due to recovery. But right now I'm having problems with wobbly stems as these things are packing on the weight! Really just try a few one way and a few the other. Figure what you like :p

So we goin on week 7 now. Its super late ..early.. and I had a long day that I decided to end with a photo op with my girls. Figured I'd post up the best pics before I crash.

img4825cmw9.jpg

img4802cur6.jpg

metamorf

Looking great! I'm gonna watch the end of this show for sure.. Doing a 250W bloom right now, never done that low watts so this is interesting! K+

F

ForbiddenFruit

Nice job great pictures as well you must be having some fun with this grow

Barnt

I'm having a blast with this grow! I took some quick pictures tonight when re-arranging the plants to get different light. Tonight marks week 8. One more week to go.

Starting to get slight purpling on the rims of leaves/calyxs. Temps have been in the low 70s', upper 60's so that's probably doing most of it. Looks like I jumped on the seed production---I haven't seen any seeds since the first few developing.

These girls are getting fat. I propped them up with some guide wire, but they are getting so heavy the are bending the wire! The mazar bitches along with one of the bagseed is starting to show a little mag def, so next time I'll make sure to water 10ml/gal instead of the 7 I was using.

I'll definitely be taking more pictures (especially more composed ones) now that I've got these beauties. I also can't wait to see what these babies look like when I pull all the fan leaves, I'll make sure to take pictures of those lollipops!

---I would have posted this last night but image upload isn't working. I'll throw a few up on imageshack for you guys---

img4848mediumkj4.jpg

img4833week8mediummr7.jpg

img4834mediumgu8.jpg

img4841mediumoz3.jpg

Last edited:

Barnt

Week 9 and all are chopped. I flushed for 2 weeks. Turns out one of my bagseeds is a rockstar. Don't know how she smokes yet, but she's fat and started to purple up.

Total wet weight was 412grams. If they lose 80% due to water that leaves 82grams, or .55g/w. If they only lose 75% there will be 99grams or .66g/w.

My one big plant produced 113g (wet) alone. If I was using only this plant in my cab, I would estimate 600g wet would be doable. That comes to 120grams for 80% and 150grams for 75%.

Thats 1g/w! I know I could do that with the right strains. And boy oh boy do I have some strains lined up for next grow...

Hashberry, Sour Diesel, Purple Monkey Balls, Purple Urkle x Romulan, OG Kush x Mendo Purple, Kryptonite, Sour Bubble. Not sure if I'm going to run all of them in a SOG style or if I'll just pick a couple and do similar to what I've done here.

And on to the pics...

Barnt

Total Dry weight: 98.94g (.659g/w). This averaged 76% weight lost during drying (this was including removing all stems which was a total of 5.78g dry)

Biggest plant yielded 29.42g (3rd jar in the picture).

Definitely some of the frostiest buds I've ever smoked. All of them smoke really nice (ash is white) and taste great. Smell is a lighter version of when they were growing and they've been in jars for less than a week.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Wow, great results Barnt. It gives me hope for my future micro garden!

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Congrats Barnt!

All the 150w veterans seem to only be able to pull 3oz with a horizontal bulb and some of them are even using hydro. You did a great job man!

I'm all gitty looking at them jars!

Great grow, I am also very impressed with your yield from only using a 150watt HPS.

Can't wait to see your next grow with new genetics, especially sour diesel

Barnt

Thanks for the props guys.

I vegged them for 3 weeks. It was really hot and I think it slowed their growth. The last month of flowering though temps were in the high 70's.

As for the plant that produced 1 oz, she's definately a keeper. Started to purple a little towards the end too. She also grows like crazy in both height and side shoots. I got one clone right now that is 4" tall with side shoots over an inch long.