What's new

Silent 150w HPS Cab

Barnt

Time for an update. Going on week 2 flower. Fed them some open sesame Tuesday night and wow could I see a difference the next day! Only thing issue is temps. It was cool during week 1 flower, but this last week it warmed back up into the 90's. Luckily its cooling down again and looks like it'll be in the upper 70's-low 80's.

When you guys check your temps, is it at canopy level in direct light? Or do you read it below canopy level? I have a temp gun so I can see the temp at any point in my cab. The temps above the canopy in direct light (the sides of my cab) have been in the mid-upper 80's (ambient temp being in the 80's for me lately). If I shoot under the canopy in the shade I get the same temp as my room which is acceptable never getting much higher than 83F. Its just above the canopy that sometimes gets a little warm. I've seen it as high as 89F.

Made some ISO hash oil from my last grow that had a little PM.
From this (6.5g):

To...

And finally...(.6g)

Now for my girls:

Left to right: Trainwreck, Mazar, Random

Left to right: TW, Mazar, Random

Last edited:

guanito

look'in good!
nice setup.
interested on smoke report for Mazar.
runn'in some Godbud & Cheese at the moment. might be similar.
You don't find those pots too small?

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

Wow, you fit 6 plants in there! Thats some skill.

Yeah, we should be harvesting around the same time so it would be cool to compare yield sense we both have a 150w HPS. The biggest difference is that you have about half of the floorspace i have, oh and this is your 6th grow while mine in my first ;).

Barnt

Pots aren't too small. I have to water every 3 days. I'm still amazed at how much bigger the one clone got that was put in the biggest pot. Its sister is only about half her size!

As for the Mazar, this is my second grow with her. Hopefully I'll be able to do more as my clone got stem rot and never rooted. Going to have to do a reveg...As for the smoke, it produces dense nugs with a very sweet smell thats hard to describe. Good indica.

Cozy America: thanks for stopping by. Are your tubs really that big? I wish I had more area...

Now for the Week 4 update (well a little late, these pics were taken Wednesday). One of my 'trainwrech' bagseed plants had a seed in it. I dont see any male parts as I did on a hermie I had in the past, but I'm not sure if I should chop or not.

Probably going to post a question in the infirmary...Can a female self polinate without pollinating others? The other thing is this was a fairly developed seed, which means it was pollinated weeks ago. I KNOW there was no male parts several weeks ago. I don't see any swollen colyxs on my other girls though.

Family shot...

Closeup of a mazar

Last edited:

Barnt

Week 5 update. Everything is super green and lush. Unfortunately I got a hermie as I'm seeing seeds :(

First a couple in the cab shots...

Side Shots..

Mazars Up close:

The culprit for seeding the girls...I still haven't found any nanners, but the growth looks a little funny.

Her sister that has normal growth, and some swollen calyxs...They're probably full of seeds :bashhead: Otherwise I really like the growth of this plant.

Hi man nice plants.
I am about to start my second grow now also in a cab 250w hps
i used lst in my first grow and i was thinking about supercropping
do you recomend it ? and do you have a link to a guide on that technique?

Barnt

Thanks for the comments guys.

Forgot to answer your question Blackwidow...I love super cropping. Much easier IMO than lst, but I still had to tie some branches down. It does seem to give fatter nugs on the branches that are pinched (basically just pinch hard enough to brake up the fibers and fold the top over). The true test though will be to see the weight comparing my Mazar that was LST and the Mazar that was supercropped.

So...Week 6. Things are getting fat and juicy. These plants are the biggest I've grown. My Mazar is already fatter than it was last grow and I'm going to let them all go to 9 weeks!

First the two Mazars. First is super cropped, second is just LST.

Bagseed (found bananas on her..)

"Trainwreck" #1 - She's got bananas too.

"Trainwreck" #2 She looks great, no bananas seen on her, but seeds are developing :/

And a couple group shots...

Barnt

Best viewed with eyes crossed

img4766sbm8.jpg

img4770cyv0.jpg

img4771czt0.jpg

Last edited:

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Gawd damn they look good Barnt! Your gram per watt should be one of the highest I've seen!

Barnt

Ya I'm really hoping for a good G/W. These girls are really filling out. They are rock hard already and they still got 2 weeks to go! I looked at them under a loupe and there are no amber trichromes. Its hard to see cloudy ones under the HPS so I'll have to check for those in a week or so.

There's 30 fat tops that easily will be 2-3 grams each if they are dense. Judging by how they feel now compared to my previous grows I am going to say these are dense little nuggies. Theres a good 20 more or so smaller tops that are probably ~1g.

90g is looking to be very obtainable and very well may surpass it. 1g/w would be super sweet! Who says christmas can't come early :rasta: