What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ShutterBug~

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Bill

sorry i missed a piece of the thread...did read up though.....pitty to hear you had troubles few bits ago...Nhow i read the progress on the cab...and i do like it...should be finished soon i guess ...or is it already finished?

Mr.Bill

L~B - welcome

HTHC - Oh I know I'm not talking to myself man, I have a few threads floating around the mag somewhere.:joint: it takes a while for some threads to get off the ground with all the threads out there that are so nice, but in the end most peeps stop through eventually. Thanks for the kind words too.

Core - I'm glad you think it's turning out well, I'm so critical of myself sometimes when it comes to certain things. It is done, yes, I temp checked it empty on monday and it runs 3*f. above ambient 12in. from the light and I didn't even have my circulation fans running, and I ran it for 3 hours.

Hydrosun - Ha. Never too late as you will find out here in just one second. Thanks for checking out my spot.

----------------------------------------------

Ok so good news, bad news type situation going on. First the bad news.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I am moving this weekend, don't worry though, nothing crazy like the cops is coming to get me, or I got robbed or anything like that so no worries. So with moving comes complications. I.E. I had to kill my beautiful bubble bucket plant. It really kind of made me sad. Dont worry though, I still got the mom.

I picked the one seed plant I liked the best, it's in this thread, its the one that I bent like an elbow. It was the best combination of smell and growth structure out of the three females I had. I killed all the clones from these seed plants as well. By the way the seed plants are in actuality my purple godberry female (50day flower)that I had by my grapefruit father(flowered for 25days or so then I killed him). So they are Godberry x Grapefruit.

So now for the good news; First is I'll be back up and running by midweek next week. And will be documenting pretty much as usual.

Second, instead of filling the screen with just one plant, there will be two, as I don't feel like vegging very long. One ECSD x Grapefruit, which you've seen veggin in the bubble bucket, and one Godberry x Grapefruit. Both will be in bubble buckets. I think this will be good as I will get a side by side comparison and have a chance to decide which one I like better, the one I don't like will be scrapped.

Third, I'm going to toss a couple Cores PC beans on arrival at the new spot to celebrate the move. And I have a feeling the beans will shine for me, even if I only pop a couple. While I'm on this topic I think I'll mention that I'll be really keeping an eye out for a strong male, so I can make a second generation for myself so I will surely find that gem and I'll have the ability to pop some more at my leisure, and also for other other crosses.

Ok I think that's it on all that stuff. Now today well go through the painting.
Now for painting the surfaces of the cabinet I had to use an oil based paint as apposed to a water based paint so that it would apply properly to the wood and veneer inside. Lets paint

Everything is here with the exception of the paint cans
picture.php

Taped up what I needed to.
picture.php

I started by painting the edges and corners first so the roller would pick up the excess paint and minimalise paint lines near the corners are non existant.
picture.php

Here it is with the white painted. Now remember I'm no Rembrant when it comes to painting. I know it looks a little off white, and it is a little, but it's still nice and bright, and it's not a permenant thing, later I will be covering it with another material at a later date
picture.php

Put tape on my color lines, to ensure smooth lines.
picture.php

Color 2 added, this is so between the crack of the doors it looks dark ;)
picture.php

And my lines
picture.php

Well see you guys next week. Late

Mr.Bill

What up

What up

So it's been a minute but I think I'm ready to say what up again. Gonna wrap up a couple things from a month ago when I signed off, namely finish setting up the cabinet sort of, well get to all that in a minute. And going to go over doing some different things that most don't do and don't show. And ya lets get going.

First up, the rest of the cabinet. Now I got it all setup but not the way that I want, but due to height restrictions I had to mount the carbon filter inside the cab which is not what I'm trying to do. There are several reasons for this, first and foremost its much louder as the filter would muffle it to a degree. Second I get to use all my fans. Third, that's how I originally designed it to be.

How it will be setup when its said and done goes like this. Their will be a air duct Y joint mounted inside the cabinet just before the exit with one line consisting of the tornado fan pulling air in from the ceiling with a very short piece of duct connecting to the Y joint(mounting reasons). And the Tornado fan is super quiet. I love it. I think I'm going to get the 6" version, and yes I would recommend it to a friend.

The other line which will go as such, 6" inline booster fan pushing air into the light hood, the light hood, the smooth 6" to 4" reducer(the long tapering one), then a 4" inline booster fan pulling the air from the light hood through the reducer, then the ducting followed by another 4" inline booster fan pushing air into the Y joint to match the tornado's pressure, the Y joint connects to the exit then the carbon filter to be mounted on the back of the cabinet. Hope you can picture what I'm talking about. Till then this current setup works just fine but the woosh coming from the top is a little loud for my taste,

So I'm thinking maybe a diy muffler, anybody with some good tips or links on a diy duct muffler give me a shout.

So this is how its set up now, minus the weather seals to keep it light and air tight.
picture.php

Love the yo yo
picture.php

The line in from the air pump to dwc bucket, which is mounted outside to help keep the water temps where they should be. Nothing like pumping in hot air to get them water temps up. No no.
picture.php

We got power captain.
picture.php

I love this next picture when I opened the door it really put a smile on my face. Now these temps you see are from a three hour test run of the light with only the 4" inline booster fan near the exit running. The 82 is from 6" under the hood, and the 76 is canopy level or 15" from the hood.
picture.php

And that does it for the setup pics.

Now we move on to some cloning. Now I wanted to try out my new little clone box from the previous page on this thread, but I also wanted to try something that popped into my stoner mind one stoned evening.

So first was the little humidity dome rooter that worked quite well. This test, all 4 rooted.
picture.php

For the second test I made my own single cube rooter. which was made with a couple dixie cups one with the top cut off and put inside(actually I screwed up a couple times so there are like 3 tops inside) the other cup I cut a square hole smaller than the cube in the bottom of the cup I cut to top off of, added a couple cuts, a airline with a bubble stone into water with a 50ppm nutrient solution. Both rooted, no humidity dome.
picture.php

I didn't keep any of these cuts to use for anything, I just killed em and recycled em once the testing was concluded.

What I did next will really blow your mind, I took my ECSD x Grapefruit mom that had been in soil since the end of July so about 2 and a half months in soil. And you know what I did with it. Yah, I turned it into my bubble bucket plant.

Most would ask Why, but I hope theres someone who says How? So why the hell would I do that if I have rooted cuts? Well first I am trying to keep my plant count at 2, yes 2, until summer when I do a 12/12 from seed run to find a new flavor. But my Godberry x Grapefruit mom is surely going to be that super potent, super odipherousness that is dank, and I feel that I can confidently say that having not even running her yet, she stinks so bad with just 10 leaves or so on her. So theres no real reason to keep this girl around, besides if I reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy want it back I can get it back. So it was easier for me to kill some clones only ten days old then a plant I been caring for for months, and besides it wouldn't be much fun if it wasn't a challenge.

I didn't picture the plant when first taking her from soil to hydroton. Basicly what I did was slowly rinsed out her root ball the best I could, and filled the bucket so the water went into the hydroton enough to keep the cube she's in to stay wet.

Gave it about a week running with a 100ppm solution

Here she is all kinds of wilting a couple days after original transplant.
picture.php

I then took her back out of the hydroton, checking for new roots from the cube. Once confirmed on new roots I trimmed off about 85% of the dirt roots.

In the top left of the picture you can kinda see the need for the pruning. The old roots just don't get being in water, so they start to die back. Once pruned Washed out the bucket and rinsed hydroton and replanted.
picture.php

Just kept it at a few feeder roots that will recover the transfer from soil to water. The rest are new roots from the cube.
picture.php

Then let em grow. Had another clone running with it that I took out once it started to root. Was just testing if I can root right into the bubble bucket too. Good to know, I can. You can see part of the Godberry x Grapefruit mom in this pic too but its the temps I'd really like to focus on here.

The In temp. of 80.2 is canopy level temp. and the out temp of 57.7 is the temperature of the water solution its in. Pretty right on the money I think, which is especially nice since the transfer plant was still feeling ill from the move, and an ideal environment couldn't have hurt ya know.
picture.php

Four days after that she's already looking back to normal with roots popping out all over the bottom of the net pot lid.(Had a couple gnats munch on a couple leafs for a couple days on this girl too, but I got them.
picture.php

Two days after that time for a topping. This is when the rooted clone was removed. Well that's all on her for now, so we'll just let her do her thing for a while.
picture.php

And lastly we have my go to girl after this run until the end of June of next year. This run will finish end of December by the way. Then it's on to this girl. My Godberry x Grapefruit

The first pic is of her is looking mighty abused. She was under-watered, she was running out of nutes, being in a beer can for almost three months means more feedings,more often. And I had really just been neglecting her since the move.
picture.php

Two weeks or so of attention she was back to full health. I cut off her back branches as well, I kept her much farther away from the light so to make her stretch out before another topping so as I could spread out the tops. You'll see I've already been pinching them a little to harden them up a little to spread them out over the next couple of pics.
picture.php

picture.php

This is the pic you can see pinches on the stem to have all four branches flop away from each other effectively making an X shape... Hopefully ;)
picture.php

My topping cut. Not as important to have the 45 degree angle cut on tissue this small as it usually has sealed itself within 24hr. All the same though, I still do it.
picture.php

And you can see the difference in health on the leaves after only ten days of care and attention. Of course the leaf in the top left corner got pinched off on the net pot lid on the bubble bucket. Still though, healthy--err.
picture.php

Oh and of course my guard dog. Just look at him waiting patiently for his scooby snack. Yah anyway that's it from me for now, but feel free to kick up a convo I'll be around all week. Peace
picture.php

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Nice update brother, good lessons learned here

Cab set up is great, I love the light yo yos

Mr.Bill

Thanks Dog, yah them light yo yo's have been awesome, with no canopy to cover the net pot lid it's quite easy for it to cook the water, so during the hot part of the day I raise it up a couple few inches to prevent some 75-80* water temps. Although I doubt they will get that high with air coming from the pump outside the cab being at 40-50*. But I will admit I have had to throw a frozen water bottle or two during the peak heat of the day. I just can't wait till she grows up a little bit and gets that canopy covering the lid. Oh yeah not above repeating myself either. Repeating myself.... ;)

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yuppers bro lookin like a champ in there pimpin from dirt to water like a G ....i love them yo yo's too bro,i dont think i couls be without them now lol...i look back at movin all the plants to make sure i can grab them chains and raise and lower the light ...super glad i gave them a try.
that lil one snapped back real nice bro.good to see ya back.
peace-T-

hazy

Veteran
Hey SB, Haven't been by in a while, so I thought i'd check out what your up to. Nice setup you got, and way to bring that plant back from the brink.

Mr.Bill

T- yah she really took to the transfer well didn't she, She only really looked stressed for a few days and then it was all systems go for sure. You said it about them yo yo's, serious pain the ass saver for sure. But for you it's a life changer for sure. Fuck moving all your plants to adjust the lights, that would suck. If it were me I would probably not move the plants and just hope for the best. Ha. Yah that little mom sure did recover with the quickness.

hazy- Ya bro it's been a few since I ran into you. How's life treating you? I'll telll ya man them double purple doja plants your rocking got me all tingly, so life must not be all that bad. Stop on by anytime. ;)

explosiv- good to see you around again. Thanks for the kind words, I wouldn't say it's quite how I like it yet but it's getting there, and thanks for the well wishes.

Brother Bear- what's up my brother, how's things been? Got any crazy schroom pics I should see? OH that reminds me I have an awesome avatar that I came across a couple months ago and I wanted to see if you liked it. I'll dig through some flash drives to find it, and I'll plop it up in here for ya.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.
-----------------------------------------------
The rest of this is more for me than anyone else, I just need that reference point.

Switched lighting from 24/0 to 20/4 today.

Transplanted Godberry x Grapefruit mother.

That is all.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
What up brother from another mother??? Been a while bro, we really need to catch up...all is lookin good in here, Im lovin the new digs...keep it green and get at me when u can...Peace

- Z

Mr.Bill

What's good with ya Zeus, yah man we surely need to catch up. Been a while. I'll drop you a line in your box here in a few.

I will surely drop that into your profile when I dig it up, Mr. Bear.

Mr.Bill

Hey Leel, follow, lead, whatever may be that gets ya going in the morning. Glad you made it, it's gonna take a minute for my spot to get rolling in full swing, so kick back relax have some popcorn and for gods sake, PASS ME SOME WEED! Ha. Later.

P.S. I hate resin.

Mr.Bill

:pumpkin:What's up, what's up what's up? Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend:pumpkin:

I'd like to start off by talking about my light schedule. It's not quite normal. Now as you know I've switched from 24/0 to 20/4. But this is where the simplicity ends, sort of. It goes like this; 4 hours dark, 12hours with the 400w hps, then 8 hours 200w of mixed cfl, 6500k and 4000k.

I'm doing it like this for a couple of reasons. First the 400 is only 10" away from the top of the plant, I've been watching for light burn but haven't seen any as of yet. And I want some mixed spectrum consisting more on the blue side of things.

I have to slide the cfls over the canopy when they come on, but it's cool for right now as I am almost always here that part of the day, down the road, maybe not so much, but I'll deal when it comes to that.

Everythings on it's own timers so if I'm not there the cfls still come on and the hps still turns off. There is about a thirty minute lapover between the two, so for thirty minutes both fixtures are on.

It's my fans schedules that are really crazy. You see I've been having temp. issues. As the cabinets air is recycled every 15 seconds. There is virtually no temp. difference inside and out. Sooooooo. I have to adjust since it's only like 60* outside the cab, maayyyyybe.

Sooo when the 400 is running it gets to be reaaalll close to the canopy. This kinda sucks though in way because it's been getting my water temps up faster, but I only go through a few bottles of ice a day with it like this so it's not too bad.

But the fans. The main fan. Is on a schedule like this under the 400w; On 30min, off 1hr30min while the extraction 4" booster fan runs constantly,...

And once the cfls come on, the main fan is just off, and the 4" booster fan runs 30min on, 2hr off. This seems to keep the temp bubble between 72-76*
which is perfect.

Now during lights off the booster fan kicks on every other 30min for 30 min, The main fan remains off. At night the heat is turned on so temps stay at 70*.

So a little complicated? Maybe. ;)

WELL. On to something else huh. How about a picture. I forgot to add a picture of the GrapefruitDiesel roots just starting to shoot out of the net pot, but I did get a picture a couple days later. That I didn't throw in here Soo here it is.
picture.php

Since we are here. Here is a few more of her. Once again I had the ppm too high so got some leaf crinkle, but wasn't too bad.
picture.php

See the crinkleness is no more at a Couple days later.
picture.php

She is still only like 4" tall, but here she is in profile. I have to take pics under the cfl's(even though I have to move them out of the way to get the pic, they are so close) because its just too bright on her to get pics with the hps.
picture.php

And of course I don't have an updated root shot of her. I'll try to grab one and throw it sometime this week.

Next...

More Mommy training. I love training em. It really is fun, and you end up with a cool looking plant. Once I get the individual arms far enough away from one another, I'm going to try and weave them together, so I would have four individual weaves sticking straight up. Anywayyy. I'll explain as I go.

Here she is a few days after transfer. Wanted to make sure she didn't suffer from transplant shock too bad, before I go bending and breaking her some more.
picture.php

Oh before though, I thought I had ridden myself of the gnats but I came in to find one particular section rather muched on. I haven't seen any new damage in the last few days though, so I hope I'm good now.
picture.php

And now anoher main stalk break to get it more level, as she just wanted to keep reaching up and wasn't staying level anymore. Plus angles are cool. Do your math. ;)
picture.php

But the main stalk wasn't the only stuff going on with her. With another main stalk adjustment the canopy fell uneven making it possible for the back two branches to begin their training away from the other branches. The front two branches won't begin their training for another week, maybe two. We'll see how she grows.
picture.php

Here she is from above right after being adjusted.
picture.php

And from the side all bondaged up. You like my little rig with the paperclips. You can now at least get an idea of her size. She small
picture.php

Three days later she looks like this

From above
picture.php

From the Side
picture.php

From the Front
picture.php

Also I would like to say that I'm getting ready to rig up my screen for the scrog. I got me a new one. And I don't think I'll be able to flower her out for at least two and a half weeks, maybe even three. We'll see how much speed she picks up once her roots get a bit more developed. So we are looking a little more mid to end Jan. Late​

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bill how r u ,not spoke for time mate,its looking fine at urs
i really love that paper clip rig shot holding the plant down ,just like me ..always a string shortage when u need some

:respect:

Mr.Bill

..always a string shortage when u need some
And that is no lie. ;) It's been a while for sure. Glad to see you keeping us apprised of what you been up to with your move and all. So you kept your mothers and just gave em a high and tight haircut till you re-establish a new residence? I'm sure I've read it... maybe? Maybe not... Hmmm It's always good to see ya, In a matter of sorts, and hey Don't be a stranger now. Stop by anytime. Later Broham :friends:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
very cool update my man

I love it, everything looks great!!

Great recovery on the crinkle