What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ShutterBug~

Mr.Bill

Ya T I never did see you get on that lid you picked up a while back. Hopefully soon I'll see it rockin on your new thread.

Well I forgot to snag up them pics, I'll try to remember next time round. Also my babies are looking like shit. I been neglecting them. They have almost died twice from lack of water, they have far outgrown their beer can containers and have become stretchy and they in some pretty shitty soil. Truth is though, I don't care. Their health is not really a concern for me right now. I'm just killin time till they sex so I can dump the males. Then I will cut the remaining plants back and replant them and next run I'll flower all the females out in small containers and see if there is any that I like. I do have one seed plant that I'm really hoping turns female. It stinks sooo bad. Anyway. The bubble bucket baby has already turned around and has started growing. This pic is from yesterday(I think) maybe the day before. Oh and if anybody is curious I'm running my nutes at 250ppm
picture.php

Mr.Bill

What's up errbody. Got my new box... It's nice too. Like real nice. The dimensions are 83.5"T x 48"W x 23"D. With these dimensions I hope to weigh in with about 8-12oz per plant(which is one run) and I find the right yielder maybe even a P from a 400 but lets not count my chickens just yet. I still haven't modded the box yet so yeah. On that note I should have it up and running minus only the screen in a couple days. So pics of that should be fun.

Anyway a few pics of the little ones and the "first run" or plant which is grapefruit diesel and should be a good yielder under the screen.

Also something to note is the status of my seedlings. Remember I haven't been exactly "nice" to them. They got stuffed into a 12oz beer can in some miracle grow soil, and we are not talking seedling soil. So they burned geeked and tweeked a while. And me not watering them till they begin to wilt a smidge probably hasn't helped matters. The nitrogen burn and other random ailments you might see are mostly because of the soil and my lazyness. I do have my eye on two of the plants. One stinks to high heaven and one has the leaf structure I'm looking for in the plant. A good healthy cross between the two strains. Also two plants have begun to sex and should know in the next four days or so what's going on and I can whittle out the dudes. Then once sexed they will be cut back re-potted and treated better. So don't trip I got it under controll... At least so I think. Pictures, pictures. Not so good took em on the fly. busy busy busy.

picture.php

You can see the damage and stretchiness of the plants(from being in the beercans)
picture.php

picture.php

The new growth is a little better. You can see the nitrogen burn coming under control. It seems the nutes and root/plant matter are beginning to equalize.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mr.Bill

Finally got around to tinkering with my new box this weekend, I didn't get far mind you but I got it rolling. It will be up and running by Wednesday.

It looks that one plant is a male but I will give it a few more days to develop a smidge. I'll grab a macro pic tomorrow when I have more time to do so.

The bubble bucket grapefruit diesel plant has some roots finally. Again I'll snag a pic tomorrow when I perform a water change.

ok on to pics.

The tools.
picture.php

First off I calked up the most of the shelf holes I left some undone until I decide where to place the screen for the scrog.
picture.php

This is where I chose to put 4 of the 6 passive intakes. I need to change from white to black pvc for the two passive intakes that will be on top of the box as apposed to the 4 on the bottom.
picture.php

Drilled the holes
picture.php

This is how it will look once I secure them in place.
picture.php

Again
picture.php

Plants Plants Plants
picture.php

picture.php

Don't forget to pay attention to the plant in the bottom right. This is about how they look when I water them. I know tisk tisk. Well they are healthy... Now. And like I said before I don't much care about them too much atm until they sex for me. Soooooo:nanana:
picture.php

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
awesome new set up sb

I can see the cuttings like the nutes, getting some healthy new growth happening

Mr.Bill

Thanks Doc I hope to pull some good weights off my 400 with this new setup. Ya that girl is definately lovin life atm. I did notice a little leaf warping so I backed down the ppm from 250 to 200 until next water change. Hopefully that should keep it from warping like it has.

Well I'm 99.95% sure I have my first male. I grabbed a couple shots of it. He is gone now. I did take some root pictures but after reviewing them on the pc the only shot that really came out had my hand in it so I'll have to try again this afternoon to get the shot. But honestly it looks like a couple brownish spikey spaghetti noodles. The roots aren't really brown I rinsed one off and it's bright white. So all good and healthy, they were just stained from the nutes. Organics... Go figure

picture.php

And a little closer.
picture.php

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wattup my friend,it looks like things are rollin now.im lookin forward to watchin you twerk the screen yo...i know ur gonna rock that mf like no other so i will def be peepin the action in here.im always lurkin brotha the schedule is hectic right now though so...
keep that pimp hand strong yo.
peace-T-

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup its on a roll here i c....and i do think you are on the nose....its a male looking part coming out :wink:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Mr Bill back in the saddle.....good to see u back bro, Im pulin up my seat in the corner!!!! Laters

Peace

- Z

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr. Bill..excelent job on your box and your thread. Great well cropped, informative images, looking forward to your results..DD

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
plants look killer dude!!!! rockin the 'dro now, huh!!! looks like u got it dialed in...holla at me we got alot to talk about!!! Peace bro

- Z

Mr.Bill

T-Oh man do I feel ya on the hectic schedule thing. Mines been completely chaotic. I be trying, I be trying.

Core- Yah I was kind of expecting it to turn male by the way it was growing. So I'm not too shocked on that front.

Zeus- Hey hey. How grows it. Yah I been planning on dippin in on the hydro scene for a couple years now, but you know how it is when your comfortable with somethin. Don't want to give it up. But boy am I glad I did. No more tons of dirt to lug back an forth. And I've not run into any troubles. As long as I keep the pH straight I should be gold. I'll get at ya. Life been crazy hectic as of late.

DD- Hey doobie thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. I'm hoping for good things from this setup. Don't be a stranger.

Dr. D- Yah I don't like to give up on em early but I'm fairly certain that was all penis. Now the one I'm showing today will have to wait a few days. I find that it's the males that tend to be sneaky. Lookin all girly then bam. You got balls. But no, it was deffinately a dude.

------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah I finished up the cabinet. I got some pictures(I'll put em up on the next post when I have a little more time to elaborate on em. I've had some set backs. A buddy of mine was helping me move it and dropped his end and busted a hinge(Fixed). But the real problem is the fact that once I finished it up and tried to move it to its room come to find out it won't fit through the door frame. So it's going to be crazy complicated to get the cabinet into it's room. Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll get it in there. I'll tell ya though. I'm not looking forward to it.

Ummm. Another little one is beginning to sex and woo hoo looks like a girl. I'm only about 85% sure though so I will give it another week to make sure and give it a little longer to develop before I give it a check mark and cut it back and repot it. I hope that it is because it stinks soo bad. No seriously it stinks so bad that it makes a 16 x 16 foot room stink to high heaven in about a half hour and it's only about 9in. tall and still in a beer can. I'll put a few pics up so you can help me decide.

The three other seed plants still haven't begun to sex yet which is good. The one plant I really want to be a female hasn't sexed yet so hopin for a girl and the girls are usually a tad slower to sex than the boys. But that's my experience.

The moms good. Brewing slowly. She gets a haircut in another week.

The bubble bucket is rocking. The roots are blowing up. Sorry I forgot to snag some pics. Honestly you'll probably have to wait for the water change. I'm lazy sorry. A side note. I'm loving the hydro. No crazy dirt to track back an forth just have to keep the pH square. Now running like 20 of these might be a little more challenging but what dirts not?

Ok pics.

Hmm. Is it? Is it? Hmm. You tell me. Sorry this is the way small node right by the top and I can only get soooo close.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Backing down the ppm from 250 to 200 has really done well. No more leaf crinkling. Still good and healthy. When I change the water out in a few days I'll be cutting off the baby growth and top it to prepare it to go under the screen. Once topped and cleaned up it should really take off especially once it gets in the box and gets to veg under the 400.
picture.php

The mom (Grapefruit x ECSD)
picture.php

picture.php

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
that does sound tasty

I have been stuck on SD strains for a while now, the taste....oh the taste

Mr.Bill

B/R- You know I haven't run it before but I did have a hand in creating it. I gave some of my grapefruit pollen to a buddy and he dusted an arm of his ECSD a while ago and got himself some seeds and he said he found this winner in his first 5 beans he tossed so he gave away the rest of the seeds to one of his buddies. I have smoked it, its very good, quite tasty and surprisingly smooth tasting considering the pungent parents.

Dr. D- Ya the SD strains are good stuff for sure. This will be my first time running anything with diesel in it so it should be good fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok no pics of the box as I'm still frustrated with it all at the moment. But I did get ambitious and was dinking with the plants and decided to snag some root shots. Not too bad I think for only being in the bucket about 14 days and having zero roots when put in it.

Oh and this here is the plant that is shaping up to be a female.
picture.php

And roots...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mr.Bill

What's up, what's up. Lots of stuff going on as of late. Still don't have pics of the box sorry. So after a few more days a little pistol started shooting out of the one plant that was looking to be a female. So let's get it cracking.

Off with her head. I'll keep her around until her little one roots.
picture.php

Her head
picture.php

Boy if you like indy's this is your girl.
picture.php

Time to break out the Clonex
picture.php

I wonder if this would actually work?
picture.php

Into the cube
picture.php

Don't forget to nip the tips and she's ready to go.
picture.php

Also I clipped the GrapefruitDiesel mom.
picture.php

And I trimmed up the GrapefruitDiesel bubble bucket girl.
picture.php

She's looking not too shabby. Her fans are stretching out to almost the size of your hand. And the reason she looks all droopy is she's got a nice breeze blowing her around.
picture.php

Late

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think plants look solid and healthy....going strong from the beginning thats tha way to start off
should give you good progress

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i swear i already posted up in here yo,shits comin up missin around here :muahaha:
all is lookin real nice you know how to mack on these rucas homie,just do ur thang and they will be all they can be for a pimp...peace-T-

Mr.Bill

Core- Thanks buddy I sure hope so.
Hazy- Thanks the smoke from it that I smoked was pretty good.
T- You totally have posted in here a couple times my man. I'm looking forward to have em bending over backwards for me. No pun intended. ;)