What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ShutterBug~

K

khaleel

easily the lst king, man! :respect: i used to rock the shit out of lst too, so i know my stuff lol great job can't wait to see the flower just switched mine over so maybe we'll be puffin the fruits of our labor at the same time here's to that :friends:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
roots are freekin crazy bruh!!! :jawdrop:
wonder how they will be by the end...gonna be drinkin like crazy by them weeks 5-6-7 fashhezy then she may slow dow a bit right before shes ready.
gonna be something to see for sur.
peace-T-

Mr.Bill

:-( Thanks for the kind words. After looking at the beginning of the last page and the continued issues I've had to deal with, inspiring isn't a word I was expecting to come across. So thanks again and thanks for dropping by and Feel free to do so anytime.

DrDog- I can't wait either, probably for different reasons though, I am just looking forward to having a stock of fully healthy plants running through where basic maintenance is my main concern, not disease control. And I am a little shocked at the roots recovery, it was my biggest concern after remaining stagnant for almost a week. :biggrin:

Finklsteinshtkd- Greetings and salutations, stop by at your leisure.

Leel- Maybe not the king, a court jester maybe :dance013:, I can't wait to see yours flower out, and yah smoking our labors at the same time will be good, smoking each others with each other would be great. If only we could find a way to pass the pipe through the screen, now how awesome would that be. I think we need some WonkaVision in here.:smokeit: :friends:

T- you know I was wondering the same thing, I wonder how much fuller they will get by the time its all said and done with five/six more weeks of root growth, as this is my intro to hydro, I'm just not sure.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by.

cre8iv fuel

Daamn Bill. I just spent a grip of time reading this entire thread, post after post, in one sitting. This is a pretty epic tale so far! Everything from the cab build, deficiencies, gnats, a security breach necessitating a move, mildew, everything. That LST shit had me tripping too. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Truly inspiring, especially for a noob like me. I've been lurking around here for a minute, but just started posting cuz I'm hella paranoid and have been keeping my mouth shut to listen and learn, but had to say- MAD props.

Mr.Bill

cre8iv fuel- Thanks for spending the time to cruise my thread. Yah there have sure been some bumps in the road this go round haven't there. Just gos to show that it doesn't always work out perfectly every go round. Not my first series of unfortunate events growing, probably not my last either. That's the way it goes though, so all you can do is not panic, keep your head up, and keep moving forward and learn from your mistakes and tribulations. If you want you can check out my last thread where everything didn't go wrong, let's see if I can find that link. Ahhh here it is LINK It's a few pages so have fun with that one. And thanks for the kudos man. Kudos to you for overcoming your paranoia. Stop by anytime.

Also I got my mother plant journal up and running everyone
Here's the link for now, I'll add it to my sig later.
LINK
The journals title is
"Please Mother May I"

Mr.Bill

She's on go mode now.

She started to get a little uneven on one end, I'm fairly certain that it's because of cfls. I rotated her after this pic, but I think it might be a little late. It's ok though, she's still getting blasted with some 400w lovin. The light is 10" from the canopy. I would drop another inch or two but the footprint starts to waver at that distance, 10" is pretty much the limit. Day temps are 77* night is 72*
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
you are going to haul just from that plant

Got some thick stems and stalks bro, huge!!!

Great work SB

Mr.Bill

I sure hope so man. My buddy who I'll call "Cut Man", because he has all the cuts(even the bubba, but won't give it to me, says I'll never call him again), says I'll probably pull at least a QP from it. I don't know though, I'm just not sure the root system is developed enough to give me that kind of weight. Time will tell though.

Mr.Bill

What's up, what's up, not much new going on in the spot, just watching em go. Do have some trich development going on already. That has me stoked.

Also just so you can see just how close these cfls are.
picture.php

Canopy level
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And my new trichs, sweet, not quite a macro, but I'll get one when I can, its just really quite difficult to get em with the plant bouncing around, macro's that is. So when I pull her out, I'll get a real macro.
picture.php

Moving back down below. As you can see almost the entire leaf structure gets at least a little direct light.
picture.php

Some of the knots to help her be the bush that she is today.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The other side of the base.
picture.php

And for some strange reason I put a padlock on one of the branches, I did this over a week ago and its still there. Don't ask me. I just had a strange urge to take a picture. There's absolutely no reason for it to be there, other than for me to take a picture of it some time later, just so I can say I got it on LOCK! Ha, no really I don't know why I put that there.
picture.php

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol got it on lock....crack me up corny mf...LMAO :respect:
dude she looks super god,ive seen pics of 6-8 plants that didnt have the full even canopy you have there.i think a qp is not out of the question,could even be more bro,shes a thick ass beeeotch.
...hehehe thats funny he wont give you bubba cause you wont call ever again,i bet you can break'm sooner or later and he come off it.
waitin to see how bad ass she gets here in a few short weeks,shell be really showin a look at what shes gonna be by then,
peace-T-

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo dude, sorry I missed this one mate. Brilliant photos, wonderful clarity - your girl looks great too considering your move and I'm especially digging the mum on the other page. That's some amazing training going on. You've got skills mate.. :wave:

Mr.Bill

ZeusOGrefugee - Hey hey, thanks man.

Tonatiuh - I know corny as hell. You know the more she develops the more I think I'll get even more than a qp. As far as dude giving me the bubba cut, I don't know man, I been working him for over a year and it's always the same, he'll smoke it with me though. Talk about some bullllshiiit.

Sammet - Yah it's been crazy here, some grows just don't go right. I love that mom, she's the coolest training sessions I've done. Thanks for the kind words. Don't be a stranger man.

-----------------------------------------

And what would this nightmare of compounded problems not be complete without...Seeds. dunh dunh dunh dunh dunhhhhhhh.
So I had a couple beans going that I hadn't shared with the class yet, 12/12 from seed, looking for an emergency male plant just in case my mother plant was infected with PM. And I got plain lazy.

Here's what happened; as the plant started to sex , I thought I had more time before he actually started to flower than it did and I did not pull him out in time(I imagine that a lot of pregnancies happen with words just like that being said in someones mind), it all happened really fast, me thinking I had a few extra days, I did not keep an eye on him and one of his pods got about half way open when I caught him, I thought I had caught it in time, but I guess not, as seed development coincides with his flowering. It happened very early in in the flower cycle about day 12, so most pollination occurred on the tips, when there was very few hairs to pollinate, there are a few beans scattered throughout however.

It really makes no difference to my plans as I will need to check buds for PM when it's done(I ain't smoking that shit). The harvest will go like this, all that shows PM in the buds will be turned into oil, all that does not will be rolled into joints. So now I just have to pick out a few beans on top of it(maybe 50-100, remember it's a big plant so it's not really that many), no big deal they are of good lineage. So the beans will be (NYCD x Grapefruit) x Hashberry. (I'm not real sure if it's the best Hashberry father I could have gotten but the genes are still solid) I'll probably just give these away to friends, and I'll throw a couple, if I get good reports back on them and they show me some goodness, maybe I'll send some in for freebies or something depending on how many I get. I don't know.

Anyway let's get on to the update.

So here's how it's looking. There are going to be about 15 colas that will be a solid 8"+cola when it's done. About 5 4-6" colas. And another 5 that will be only a couple inch head buds. Then some undergrowth that I don't know, maybe a second harvest.

All these shots are of different arms

You can see a height correcting knot on this arm
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So as you can see there's hardly any seeding of the plant at all. Just a little on the tops and a few in the bush.

picture.php

Some of the lower stuff
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now we'll take a look at the seeded tips.

This one only has one or two in it. Showing how early it was pollinated.
picture.php

picture.php

This is the worst seeded tip on the bush, there's about 10 on this one, maybe a few more(This top war directly adjacent from male plant, another indicator). All the pictures in today's post were taken while getting their pm treatment.
picture.php

Here's another goof by me. It comes down really to me being lazy about shit again, trying to give her treatment to her in the cab, while the light was burning bright 10" from the canopy. As it dried it burned holes in the top fan leaves, where the liquid stayed pooled and the mist had landed. Basically on spot with constant direct light within a couple inches of canopy level. All the damage appeared in a couple hours. It's not a health issue just a cosmetic one.
picture.php

picture.php

Nuff of the ugly I say. Here's a couple of semi macros. The really close macros just didn't turn out, its pretty hit or miss up that close, I'll get some eventually. It's been a while since I have been taking these shots.
picture.php

This ones not quite a macro but I liked the picture, and it's not even one of the heavier triched up leaves.
picture.php

The flowering nutes in this line are much thicker and stain the roots much more, that and the ppm is much higher than while vegging(I think max I had 500ppm in veg, now they are at 900ppm, that's about as high as I care to take them for the moment. At this point I don't really care either way if the roots are stained, they are healthy and that's what really matters to me.

The roots take up just about half the bucket and it's really quite heavy and hard to lift the plant up and one hand the plant to get pictures, so don't expect too many more.

Also its getting very hard to get the plant in and out now, I have to physically squeeze the plant together to get it to fit between the beam and the wall. Oh right, the roots.
picture.php

picture.php

I'll put up the shots of the beans that I threw down in the next day or two now that the cats out of the bag. Also I got my medical paperwork laminated put up on my cab the other day. Sorry no pictures of that, little too much personal info there. But I'll tell you, it feels good to know that even if my door gets kicked in, trouble will not follow, just a cool breeze and some restitution from the state. :smokey:

hazy

Veteran
Wicked looking roots! Nice to see those buds starting to stack, could easily go a qp.

Oh, seriously, way to bring a plant back from what for many would have the beginning of the end.

mcherbie

Hi Bill...

Hi Bill...

Dropped into this a little late but enjoyed reading from the start ... sums up a lot of issues we all have but you certainly know how to solve them.
Look forward to seeing the rest because I know I'll learn a lot more.

Total respect.

:artist:

Hi Mr Bill
Wow this thread should be stickied "how to hydro for dummies" you don't only show the problems but also the solutions NICE! :respect:
Tagged this thread, and cannot wait to see what those buds are gonna look like come harvest time, not to mention the roots and the stalk Massive!!! :yoinks:
Laterz, Low

Mr.Bill

hazy- Yeah the roots turned out pretty okay considering. The buds are starting to stack up pretty well on there. I was looking at the plant the other day and was thinking to myself, damn a qp might be low balling it a little bit. Thanks hazy for the kind words man, it's appreciated.

Black Ra1n - Thanks B/R I hope she does.

mcherbie - Never too late man. Yeah and I managed to get all the woes all in one cycle. Hopefully this will fill my quota of problems for the year, although I'm not quite counting this as a '10 grow, since I started it so far back in '09. Still going to count it to my '10 quota. Respect to you man.

High Lowlander - That's good. how to hydro for dummies. Glad to have you along, it'll get better as the year goes on. I for one am looking forward to some problem free plants.

-------------------------------------------------

So this will be a two post, post as I can't get all the pics in one post. Today we have a couple of Hashberry beans I threw down looking for an emergency male plant just in case my mother plant is infected with PM as well.

So yeah. Onward
picture.php

One in red and one in blue, so that I can "will" them to sex as I wish.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The tap roots emerge from the bottom of their tiny pots. At this point I snipped the end of the tap roots before repotting into 1liter containers. Their new pots were labeled red/blue, the same as in the tiny pots.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This wierdo leaf.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php