What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show your LED flower's.

Koondense

Veteran
Killer A5 Haze under cobs, bud-o-rama
picture.php

Cheers

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Wow I don't see very often some grow of this size with LED's,that's a nice room full of buds. How do LED's compare to DE HPS or gavita in big grows?
The cost must be crazy for a grow room of this size maybe that's why there is so few.

To really measure grow lights you need a uMol meter. Typical light meters do not measure correct spectrum. I bought Vero 20 Gen 7's which are very powerful. I run 1000 watts through 10 COB's in 4 X 8 tent. They have to be backed off to about 20" or you get bleaching or foxtailing. I can not afford uMol meter (about $300). Got over 1 gram per watt, trimmed and cured to 63%. That is GG4 in SCROG. I am at 2 weeks, but will post in about a month.

Snurfin-Derbs

Some incredible pictures here guys.
been thinking about jumping into leds for a while and these pics just make it that much more tempting.

kro-magnon

Veteran
To really measure grow lights you need a uMol meter. Typical light meters do not measure correct spectrum. I bought Vero 20 Gen 7's which are very powerful. I run 1000 watts through 10 COB's in 4 X 8 tent. They have to be backed off to about 20" or you get bleaching or foxtailing. I can not afford uMol meter (about $300). Got over 1 gram per watt, trimmed and cured to 63%. That is GG4 in SCROG. I am at 2 weeks, but will post in about a month.
Thanks for the info, I plan to switch from HPS to LED this year because in my new appartment I can't have a ventilation system making too much noise. I have small scale grow op as I grow in my small living place, I'll need LED for a tent doing 150x90cm (5'x3', I think). What wattage should I get for a tent of this size? I use a 600w HPS for now in this room.
I don't think I'll buy a uMol meter at 300$, the cost is not justified for my grows.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thanks for the info, I plan to switch from HPS to LED this year because in my new appartment I can't have a ventilation system making too much noise. I have small scale grow op as I grow in my small living place, I'll need LED for a tent doing 150x90cm (5'x3', I think). What wattage should I get for a tent of this size? I use a 600w HPS for now in this room.
I don't think I'll buy a uMol meter at 300$, the cost is not justified for my grows.

I may break down and buy the umol meter. It could pay for itself quickly, if I am throwing too much light at them, which eats electric, and has negative effect on results. Saw a video, that 3000 is max usable.

Also if you do get one, make sure it will do 3000. Some only go upto 2000.

Bmac1

Veteran
You can download an app called Lux Light Meter on your phone. It will at least give an estimate of where you are at and you can then use the lux to ppfd converter on HLG website. This helped me realize in my first LED run that I had theblights too close. It may not be 100%accurate but at the very least its a good estimate.

GanjaMisfit

Wedding Cake from my just complete, first LED run.

View Image

That looks tasty! Nicely done. I'm currently 4 weeks flowering under LED for the first time and must admit there's been a learning curve. Having used hps for the last 25 years LED is quite different yet I welcome the change.

Loc Dog

Veteran
You can download an app called Lux Light Meter on your phone. It will at least give an estimate of where you are at and you can then use the lux to ppfd converter on HLG website. This helped me realize in my first LED run that I had theblights too close. It may not be 100%accurate but at the very least its a good estimate.

Thanks for the idea, but I have prepaid flip phone. $1000 phone and $50 a month with no one I want to talk to, the PAR meter is a bargain. Good idea for someone with smartphone.

Latest posts

Latest posts