What's new

Show us your extracts!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice polish job! Mine look more like the first one.

hammalamma

Veteran
I was curious if I could make some shatter dabs with absolute. I could not get it to harden. Before I made the Absolute I was able to make drops like this after it wont harden stays in a sticky Honey consistency.:)

After purge is done I make small dabs. It worked well for me. I used this for insomnia. I tried to make some with absolute but failed...:D

After purge not Absolute...
View Image

Absolute
View Image
View Image
If you are gonna make an absolute no need to purge the bho, the alcohol will get all the butane out.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Lower temps/no major swings in temp = more terps. With a regular vac you have to heat up the oil to higher temps so it stays viscous enough to be purged, and the whole time you are purging the oil is cooling down making your job harder

Since getting the oven our oil has been much stinkier imho

hammalamma

Veteran
Lower temps/no major swings in temp = more terps. With a regular vac you have to heat up the oil to higher temps so it stays viscous enough to be purged, and the whole time you are purging the oil is cooling down making your job harder

Since getting the oven our oil has been much stinkier imho

I get constant temps without one, it makes it easier to make good oil but it doesn't make the oil any better than it would be if properly made in a degassing chamber.

All I'm saying is someone who knows how to make good oil could make the same exact oil with or without a vac oven. That being said I do have a vac oven in my arsenal of purging tools and it works great.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
I certainly made great oil without the oven, but with the thing its more precise and things get nailed every single time. Also I've noticed different strains will wax up differently based on the temps they are exposed to. Im no expert but i think it may be related to different terps in different strains. If exposed to 115 some strains will wax up after a week or two... if temps are kept super low in the oven this isn't happening. Large batched of shatter from trim used to wax up after a week or two as well..., no longer... on the flip side some strains need higher temps to purge fully ( we noticed this when purging some bubba x chem d)... Just my personal experience... also our oil does seem to be tastier and stinkier when its not put through the whole heat up/cool down back and forth thing. It was great before but just better now. I'm sure your oil is awesome but the switch to the oven has been a no brainer in every way for us...

hobb3s93

deep sleep og (larry x bubba) sap
picture.php

these last couple batches have been straight parchment paper rippers lol. so im not tripping on the stuff on the sides right now, gonna let her sit in the sun for a lil then vac purge when she starts to chunk up. we'll see what happens

CarefulGrower

deep sleep og (larry x bubba) sap
View Image
these last couple batches have been straight parchment paper rippers lol. so im not tripping on the stuff on the sides right now, gonna let her sit in the sun for a lil then vac purge when she starts to chunk up. we'll see what happens

I get that if I purge at around 160-170. Put it in the freezer for 5-10 seconds and dabs will come off easy and clean without tearing parchment/not grabbing the oil you want. 'Honey' (consistency) BO can be a pain to work with.

hobb3s93

ya i get u man, i was meaning how u can press to together and then pull the paper a part it rips and honestly the last couple times have ripped right out of the freezer kus i think it makes the parchment a little more brittle. thats about 10gs so theres atleast a couple gs on the side. whats ur method of purging and what kind of consistency do u end up with?

heres some stuff that was preety close the previous picture before i left it in the sun for a couple hours , now it has a oily crumbly consistency. its looks kinda dark but its some potent stuff. vac purged 3 or 4 times before i put in the sun
picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
started with 6.5 ounces of white widow and alaskan ice smaller buds mixed together... then did a 2-3 minute soak in 99% iso... Yield was 27 grams, the consistency was in-between a sap and pull-n-snap

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

hobb3s93

picture.php

BHO before winterization
picture.php

picture.php
end result after vacuum, sap consistency not shatter but still dank
picture.php

first time winterization with everclear, seemed to evaporate easier than iso.
this stuff is fire , put me to sleep like a baby last night!
cheers

lobsterbush

Only a couple small runs under my belt. Trying to get the hang of this, getting really high in the process...

picture.php

Need to get a proper vac chamber