What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show us your extracts!

7LeafClover

OG shatter finished yesterday. Tasty stuff!

Attachments

• 20131209_233936.jpg
    20131209_233936.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 27

HashRabit

banana og shatter

banana og shatter

New here, banana og, all bud run. Purged full vac at 105°. Beautiful smell/taste, super stoney!

Attachments

• CAM00449.jpg
    CAM00449.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 35

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Some great looking nugs for being grown OD.
Props to hmp and their first post here!

A

AlterEgo860

can someone post a picture of clean oil. with no butane.. but still has tiny bubbles here an there.. and then 1 that still has butane in it.. use paint.. to point out the differences and shite? if someone could do this id be extremely appreciative.. I look at some of this .. an some great clean lookin stuff with a few bubbles.. how do we tell if its tane. or just air...

CarefulGrower

can someone post a picture of clean oil. with no butane.. but still has tiny bubbles here an there.. and then 1 that still has butane in it.. use paint.. to point out the differences and shite? if someone could do this id be extremely appreciative.. I look at some of this .. an some great clean lookin stuff with a few bubbles.. how do we tell if its tane. or just air...

100_0820_zps91b29ddc.jpg

the 'bumps' near the middle (on the R) are holes where butane escaped and not enough oil to fill it back in.

100_0812_zps2af71dee.jpg

The 'bubbles' are airpockets. Take the first pic and fold it onto itself (they aren't the same run, just saying for example) and the neat square you're left with has air bubbles where oil was lower than the surrounding pile, not making full contact, it has a small cavity there.

Tiny round bubbles (think bubbles in a glass of coca cola, very tinny carbonated water bubbles) are butane, normally found clumped in groups.

*edit* Yes, small bubbles can be carbon dioxide (from decarboxylation) but I find not-fully purged oil when scraped has a very similar appearance the next day if butane remains to partially decarboxylated oil, although it generally includes odder/larger sized bubbles if enough butane is present.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A

AlterEgo860

amazing shit... is it even possible to get a good product without a vac purge? the small runs ive done are great.. but I am waitin for my vac and chamber.. I ordered a nice one 3 gallon.. and they sent me a 1 gallon.. so I sent it back.. and shit.. im still waiting.. not a big deal. since I don't have the time to do a run yet.. but whats the cheapest vac pump u can get that will work great.? anyone have a good pump idea?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amazing shit... is it even possible to get a good product without a vac purge? the small runs ive done are great.. but I am waitin for my vac and chamber.. I ordered a nice one 3 gallon.. and they sent me a 1 gallon.. so I sent it back.. and shit.. im still waiting.. not a big deal. since I don't have the time to do a run yet.. but whats the cheapest vac pump u can get that will work great.? anyone have a good pump idea?

I've seen pictures of great looking shatter that was purged low and slow without vacuum, but I bought a chamber and pump as soon as I saw the butane bubbles in my first attempts at BHO.

Amazon has free shipping on vacuum pumps, but if the pump's bad you have to send it back, so I suggest something hopefully a little more dependable than the cheap offerings at Harbor Freight. I have this Robinair 15500,

http://www.amazon.com/Robinair-1550...F8&qid=1388345481&sr=8-1&keywords=vacuum+pump