What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should I trash this grow?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
If you can verify that they are aphids than Spinosad will blow them away. Organic remedy as well. I wouldn't drag your feet about it though, they are easy to get rid of. Do several foliar applications of the Spinosad several days apart and leave enough of a buffer before harvest.

Also, get a magnifying glass so you can properly identify pests, mold, trichome color, etc.

G

ganjygav

Mtbazz my advice really is to not spend your hard earned money to rectify something that may be fixable at this point. AKA Mighty wash is garbage......I hope some are happy I said it now.
Yes I tried it and it failed big time after numerous baths and cleaning my whole set up.

Must have done it wrong then because I wiped out spider mites with just 2 sprays 3 days apart. That's my personal experience with mighty wash.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Must have done it wrong then because I wiped out spider mites with just 2 sprays 3 days apart. That's my personal experience with mighty wash.

I think the problem is with mis-diagnosis's. He never positively identified. Mites are not visible in a photo. I am thinking aphid's, but just a guess. With russet mites, I found a couple per leaf and were trashing plants. He has hundreds per leaf, of easily visible pests.

Just my opinion.

G

ganjygav

I think the problem is with mis-diagnosis's. He never positively identified. Mites are not visible in a photo. I am thinking aphid's, but just a guess. With russet mites, I found a couple per leaf and were trashing plants. He has hundreds per leaf, of easily visible pests.

Just my opinion.

Ya we already said it was aphids. Aphids are easier to rid than mites. Mighty wash deals with both. You can use a a drench for root aphids even .
It's not systemic and kills bugs on contact by disabling them. This is the reason for the 2nd spray at 3 days after first because the first spray wouldn't have got rid of eggs and they will hatch after 3 days.
It won't effect buds in anyway. If you're worried about it you can always wash it away with some water spray a couple of days after last application.

I would rid the heavily infested one and just concentrate on the ones that ain't so bad. But I wouldn't say the heavy infestation can't be beat.

I've been fighting aphids this grow and for the most part neem has controlled them. Put it this way I've never found a heavy infestation just a few here and there.
I've just received my predators this morning and I will be applying them at lights on.
The only reason I've not used mighty wash yet is because at 1st I couldn't find any as it's now UK banned and I wanted to use predators for the first time.

If at any point I felt my plants were on route to being swarmed in the fuckers I would have bust out the mighty wash with no fear but I have time to try out my new toys so all is good.

G

ganjygav

Mites and thrip are very easy to see by eye. Broad/russet I'm not sure of as not had them nor am I going to!

Touch some wood fella. I was going on about never having mites then next grow bang there they were lol.
Only ever get bugs when I take in clones. Never had nothing more than gnats with seeds and that was the soil.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'll post this every time that somebody starts singing praises of Mighty Wash. Check the ingredients on the label.

mighty_front.jpg

I'm not saying that the product doesn't work but HOLY SHIT don't get ripped off! This product in a 1 quart bottle costs $18 on amazon and is not meant to be diluted. You can VERY easily source pyrethrins, canola oil, an emulsifier and mix them up yourself and save tons of money. Don't fall for the bright packaging. Don't fork over your hard earned money for a product that is 98.6% water and isn't even concentrated.

This PSA brought to you by Who Dat :yes:

G

ganjygav

I'll post this every time that somebody starts singing praises of Mighty Wash. Check the ingredients on the label.

View Image

I'm not saying that the product doesn't work but HOLY SHIT don't get ripped off! This product in a 1 quart bottle costs $18 on amazon and is not meant to be diluted. You can VERY easily source pyrethrins, canola oil, an emulsifier and mix them up yourself and save tons of money. Don't fall for the bright packaging. Don't fork over your hard earned money for a product that is 98.6% water and isn't even concentrated.

This PSA brought to you by Who Dat :yes:

I get what you're saying but like everything you pay for convenience. I always pay for convenience. I mean surely most things can be made at home. I'm a soil grower. I could make my own soil but I don't. I pay nearly 20 pound a bag because it's easier.
It makes no difference to me. It's not like I profit from people buying mighty wash I'm just putting it out there that it works well for me and other growers I know local. It's rated that much that a grow shop is still selling it under the counter to longtime customers even though it's been banned in this country.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I get what you're saying but like everything you pay for convenience. I always pay for convenience. I mean surely most things can be made at home. I'm a soil grower. I could make my own soil but I don't. I pay nearly 20 pound a bag because it's easier.
It makes no difference to me. It's not like I profit from people buying mighty wash I'm just putting it out there that it works well for me and other growers I know local. It's rated that much that a grow shop is still selling it under the counter to longtime customers even though it's been banned in this country.

Even more of a reason to be aware that you can make it yourself I guess. It's not too bad to buy 3 ingredients and mix them up, it might add another 5 minutes to your foliar routine. Just like anything made and marketed to the cannabis industry you can source the materials and make them yourself. Convenience aside I'm talking about creating what's in that Mighty Wash quart bottle for 25 cents. You said you did two applications but how many bottles did you use? Anybody with a closet or tent style grow would need at least one of those quarts per application x2 applications if not more. That's 36 or 54 bucks if you needed a 3rd application. 75 cents compared to 54 bucks and if you had the materials you still wouldn't need to buy more for the longest time.

This isn't an attack at you or anybody else who is a fan of this product. I'm more so pointing out that these companies take advantage of the fact that many growers will really go out of their way to ensure a successful harvest all the way through til the end and gouge the shit of the prices. The same goes for me with a product called Green Cleaner that I like using right now. I bought a 4 ounce bottle for $35 that is good for making 2-8 gallons of spray depending on dilution rate. I bought and used up this 4 ounce bottle to see what I think of the product. Instead of buying more I sourced the ingredients that are listed on the bottle and can mix and make up my own for pennies on the dollar.

Not trying to sound like a tight ass either but you won't catch me voluntarily getting bent over the barrel and taken advantage of because I grow cannabis.

:2cents:

G

ganjygav

Even more of a reason to be aware that you can make it yourself I guess. It's not too bad to buy 3 ingredients and mix them up, it might add another 5 minutes to your foliar routine. Just like anything made and marketed to the cannabis industry you can source the materials and make them yourself. Convenience aside I'm talking about creating what's in that Mighty Wash quart bottle for 25 cents. You said you did two applications but how many bottles did you use? Anybody with a closet or tent style grow would need at least one of those quarts per application x2 applications if not more. That's 36 or 54 bucks if you needed a 3rd application. 75 cents compared to 54 bucks and if you had the materials you still wouldn't need to buy more for the longest time.

This isn't an attack at you or anybody else who is a fan of this product. I'm more so pointing out that these companies take advantage of the fact that many growers will really go out of their way to ensure a successful harvest all the way through til the end and gouge the shit of the prices. The same goes for me with a product called Green Cleaner that I like using right now. I bought a 4 ounce bottle for $35 that is good for making 2-8 gallons of spray depending on dilution rate. I bought and used up this 4 ounce bottle to see what I think of the product. Instead of buying more I sourced the ingredients that are listed on the bottle and can mix and make up my own for pennies on the dollar.

Not trying to sound like a tight ass either but you won't catch me voluntarily getting bent over the barrel and taken advantage of because I grow cannabis.

:2cents:

You see I only grow 4 plants and I'm going by UK measures I used a litre of mighty wash for the 2 applications. My plants are on the small size as I'm in the tent.
Ya I'm not trying to argue fella. Wouldn't have a leg to stand on anyway as I'm not like a top grower or anything.
To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start with making most things.
I am susceptible to nice labels and bright colours though haha

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
What's the gravity spray ? Similar design as mighty wash

Which product are you speaking of? I did a quick google search and was only turning up with Humboldt County's Own Gravity.

You see I only grow 4 plants and I'm going by UK measures I used a litre of mighty wash for the 2 applications. My plants are on the small size as I'm in the tent.
Ya I'm not trying to argue fella. Wouldn't have a leg to stand on anyway as I'm not like a top grower or anything.
To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start with making most things.
I am susceptible to nice labels and bright colours though haha

To each their own :yes:

Big-Narstie

It's made by NPK industries as mighty wash. We have a box of em at work giving as freebies lol. Sorry to have wasted your time who dat xx

G

ganjygav

It's made by NPK industries as mighty wash. We have a box of em at work giving as freebies lol. Sorry to have wasted your time who dat xx

What's that? Anything like what the wash does? Has it got pretty labels?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

Wasted my time? Not at all, wasn't trying to sound like that. I'm still not seeing the product you speak of, sorry. Is it one of these on this page here, http://www.npk-industries.com/plant_care.html

Any of their other products are listed as 99.99999% water with the exception of Promis which has Imidacloprid as the active ingredient. That is a harmful systemic pesticide with a long halflife and should not be used on your cannabis plants, especially in flower.

Now I'm just sounding like a Negative Nancy but not trying to. I'm just trying to drive home that we as cannabis growers need to be aware of what somebody is trying to market to us as a "good" product.

If I need to pump the brakes y'all let me know, I don't want to derail this thread too much.

:thank you:

mtbazz

checking back in...

Can I use a fumigator in the area that the mother plants are in without removing the plants? Will the pesticides in the fumigator damage the mothers?

jaype

Lady bugs turned loss in your garden may do the trick (I use them throughout my whole grows) and never encounter any problems as long as you don't mind lady bugs flying around.