What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shooting for 135 grams again with the 135 watt led and coco

Dready_jake

If I remeber correctly theres a couple guys hitting those numbers. Like djm.

I might have mixed up gpw and Lb per light. But still good yields.

Last edited:
2 grams per what are def happening with Cree Cobs! I'm yet to see 3, but I'm sure the days coming. I pulled over 1.5 with Cree xte 20 diode 100 watt chips! On my first run with them to boot. Like I mentioned earlier cxa3070 and Bridgelux Vero 29 are more efficient than mine. Thats a pick of one in my avatar. Fits in my palm runs at 80-85 watts 120 lum per watt. I think they are close to 11000/11500 lumen. They are the future of lighting for sure!
I thought LED was straight garbage until I got introduced to these. Everything is covered yield, heat reduction, better spec, less electric, better space coverage, closer to plants PHEW- let me catch my breathe!!! Lol

Shits the bees knees meng...

2 grams per what are def happening with Cree Cobs! I'm yet to see 3, but I'm sure the days coming. I pulled over 1.5 with Cree xte 20 diode 100 watt chips! On my first run with them to boot. Like I mentioned earlier cxa3070 and Bridgelux Vero 29 are more efficient than mine. Thats a pick of one in my avatar. Fits in my palm runs at 80-85 watts 120 lum per watt. I think they are close to 11000/11500 lumen. They are the future of lighting for sure!
I thought LED was straight garbage until I got introduced to these. Everything is covered yield, heat reduction, better spec, less electric, better space coverage, closer to plants PHEW- let me catch my breathe!!! Lol

Shits the bees knees meng...

Which LED are you saying is the bees knees? cree? bridge?

...Cause I'm definitely interested in some DIY

Dready_jake

Which LED are you saying is the bees knees? cree? bridge?

...Cause I'm definitely interested in some DIY

Did you see the diy design Dion posted up for me a few pages back? Its dope, and unless I have to move into a tiny trailer (which I'll probably throw a green house up next to;)) I'll be building this light.

But yes as I said there is a slim chance I will move into the tiniest of trailers for a little while. But itd be kinda cool. Rough it for a while. Grow in the yard with a greenhouse and veggies around it. Well see what happens, only time will tell... I'm not opposed to the tiny trailer. Live cheap and simple for a few years.

I could also build a third of that light and grow in my tiny camper. Become a micro grower like a few of you guys for a few years along side out door/if j can't grow outside for some reason.

Also i need input, dk you guys like the avatar change? Or Should i put my cartoons back up?

Dready_jake

Well I've got to focus on moving first. And right now im thinking the cheapest option is hauling my dads trailer out and putting it somewhere. Which means if I build it'd be a one ballest in a few to 4 or 5 months.
But most likely I'd try a green house depending on where i put it. This is just mY backup plan. Idk what im doing for sure

Both Cree and Bridgelux are great Kweku! I know Dion likes the Crees and he knows his shit. Yet the Bridgelux Vero are no joke too. You can run them @ a higher wattage. I believe running the Cree CXA3070 @ 60 watts you are getting around 150-160 lumen per watt, but each unit is only using 52 watts! It just depends on your needs and money sitch. Check out Dions thread on DIY also Bueno time. They walk you through it in the write up.
I'm doing my 4x2 tent next. I have a guy building me 3 units each with 3 Bridgelux50 watters in it. It being run @ 110 watts each with crazy lumens! I can't wait because that tents only for 2 plants. Only thing, you may need to do in the winter is add some heat if your in a basement. Otherwise let here rip.
Check Mouser, Digi Key etc
I actually have a dude put them together for me now because I have them built into high bay bulbs in China. I do not suggest this!!!! I got lucky and landed a decent source. I would just stick to the previous sites I gave. Everything you need to know about the build can be found here on the mag ou RIU!

Man did these cobs get some legs or what Dion!!!!??!! I love it

Dion

Both Cree and Bridgelux are great Kweku! I know Dion likes the Crees and he knows his shit. Yet the Bridgelux Vero are no joke too. You can run them @ a higher wattage. I believe running the Cree CXA3070 @ 60 watts you are getting around 150-160 lumen per watt, but each unit is only using 52 watts! It just depends on your needs and money sitch. Check out Dions thread on DIY also Bueno time. They walk you through it in the write up.
I'm doing my 4x2 tent next. I have a guy building me 3 units each with 3 Bridgelux50 watters in it. It being run @ 110 watts each with crazy lumens! I can't wait because that tents only for 2 plants. Only thing, you may need to do in the winter is add some heat if your in a basement. Otherwise let here rip.
Check Mouser, Digi Key etc
I actually have a dude put them together for me now because I have them built into high bay bulbs in China. I do not suggest this!!!! I got lucky and landed a decent source. I would just stick to the previous sites I gave. Everything you need to know about the build can be found here on the mag ou RIU!

Man did these cobs get some legs or what Dion!!!!??!! I love it

which chips? 50 watters = huh?

i like the vero 18s running super soft and double the quantity of them- like that they catch up to the cree in effeciency but driving them hard they suck balls lol

for heat you just switch the venting ie pull from the top vent out the bottom

They aren't the veros Dion. It's a high bay bulb I'm going to experiment with. Will get a link if I can, but I'm using an I pad and can't figure the shit out. Having trouble with pics too, keeps asking for an F'n URL

Yeah the 18's are nice! Cree is def the top dog!
I have the cxa's and some Meanwell LPC 60/1400 I just need the put them together.
I just like to try some different ideas and mix things up!

I have a a tent with CREE and hps going and holy shit!

Dready_jake

The pics have to be uploaded to the website through your album. Or be hosted somewhere, being hosted somewhere gives you the url. I feel like that's the wrong term but you know what I mean.

It'll be dope having everyone run a different "latest" chip. Then we can find out the duds and the "1k-killers" lol

Dready_jake

Still playing around with my future Rez.
I like the multi spray, but I'm gonna mess around with less pressure and more of a trickle, but can see myself going back to the end caps.

idk well see what design i stick with when the time comes to put her on a plant.

Last edited:

Dready_jake

I've got veturis that came with the pump but feel this is better. I flyfish so I know how water gets the most dissolved oxygen, by gentle turbulence-medium turbulence, or a natural waterfall/rapid.
Plus this will do wonders to prevent nutrients from dropping out or suspending.

Dready_jake

So it's official. My living situation is going to make it really tough to grow for a while so I moved my plants to my buddies yard to Finnish. I will be owning my trailer but there won't be room to grow in it and the trailer parks I'll be parking in at first probably won't allow outdoor. So I will bide my time and get somewhere where i can grow in the yard and get things going again then.
Thanks all

CoCoSativas

So it's official. My living situation is going to make it really tough to grow for a while so I moved my plants to my buddies yard to Finnish. I will be owning my trailer but there won't be room to grow in it and the trailer parks I'll be parking in at first probably won't allow outdoor. So I will bide my time and get somewhere where i can grow in the yard and get things going again then.
Thanks all

bummer dj. my wife and i are planning on buying a mobile soon. we cant ever grow in the yard becaus of where we live. you wont be able to fit a tent anywhere in the mobile?

hey im testing some of reefs gear. ill pm you a link. also need to repost my grow of my curent stuff. same cuts but more all in 1 gals. changed food to cannas coco set. oh man i love it. im really pleased witth it. ive got nothing but good to say about it, i seriously love it. i thought id try a few more but i think cana coco is for me...

Dready_jake

Nah. If I managed a grow it'd be a microgrow. And idk if its really worth the time. I am going to try to save up for a small lot so I own the trailer and the land and I can grow then. Idk maybe I'll go micro for a lil while but like I said that's a huge maybe....
Thanks for the response!