What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shooey's Randomarium

How's it going in here today chaps? I've not logged in here for a while. Been busy cutting trees and not the ones of the marijuana gods. I've done 2 BHO extractions on piles of fan leaf (fresh ones) since I last posted here though and man I didn't realise there was still so much THC in the leaves. I must have got like half a gram of BHO from each plant of fan leaf. And it is beautiful stuff. The Northern Lights x Haze stuff (my favourite strain ever) is out of this world the smell from the extract, like a mixture of toffee and honey.

Got some comedy stuff for tonight. Been packing in 4 days at the gym a week lately, between that and everything else I am feeling the need for a rest. With some fine little nuggets of premium OG kush from DNA genetics.

Hope everyone is well, feels like we are nearing winter now. My favourite time to hibernate and smoke tonnes of weed! :)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont do fishing lads, but I do have a massive **** that needs a place to hang out... ok, so thats completely untrue :D

been dry trimming the Santa today... never dry trimmed this one before.. actually I only ever dry trimmed once and that was on the ZH mum this time round... the improvement to the smell and taste on the ZH is like 2000% ..and there was nothing wrong with it before.. I'm interested to see what my stinky SM comes out like after being given this treatment :)

can be a bit of pain dry trimming though, much more fiddly even though I'm taking less sugar leaf off..
bragging again Jamie ,,,,,,lol,lol,lol:biggrin:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one,,,
Yep! Fan leaves removed and then left a week or so then tips of sugar leaves only snipped,,,,,s2

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
a quick confession from the Randomarium....

So I started growing back in 2009. Ive been in and around the scene since 1988 but never part of the production stage...At that time I had a whole heap of equipment that I'd bought like 10 years earlier off a guy who needed to sell up quick to go back to the UK...

So, I gave him 100 euros for the following... 2 x 600w Ballasts, 3 reflectors, a huge soft box, and even bigger carbon can (thing weighs more than me, its freaken huge) a full dripper and pump set, EC pen, pH pen, scissors, nets, ducting, connectors, tonnes of shit... I didnt really want the stuff he was selling at the time (I had a very successful career with one of the top 5 blue chips thankyouverymuch) but he was a mate and needed a quick exit so I got his stuff...

And.. there it sat, in my shed for about 10 years (8 or 9 anyway)...So one day back in 2008, after I'd given up my career to look after my severely handicapped little girl, I found I was unable to make ends meet... not only that but I could no longer afford my beloved herb...and so I decided to pull all that crap out and make a go of it...that was Jan 1st 2009, the day I joined here.

It turns out that the can was way too big for my set up but after a bit of tinkering and fiddling, I got it all up and running using a new can and a 1.2m tent...and for the past 6 years or so everything has been going kinda ok.... this year though I noticed my yield was decreasing.. I was running new strains so maybe it was genetic, I was trying new feeds (after H&G closed) and maybe it was down to that... and then it hit me...I've been using the same ballast on my larger tent since that first day... it's had 6 years of constant use and it was second hand when I got it :-/

The answer?....get an upgrade...

BOOM!

picture.php

B

birdman_

WTG Jamie's 30% More Lumens !!! I'd like to be Using that Bright thing .Is she going on the wall ? That looks real light. Stuck lol! ...." Lite "

ArhHH! ? ..L I G H T

BAHAa

JamieShoes

Veteran
lol yeah it's pretty not heavy man :)

it came with some rubber feet some I'm gonna start out trying them... 30% more lumens than a magnetic 1000w ballast... and I'm replacing a 600 with it, so it was already 40% more ...and the one I'm replacing is probably running at about 50% so... fk knows man, my head is spinning... lets just say... it should be a gert bit brighter :D

Gonna plug it in in 5 mins... :woohoo: :dance: :biggrin:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Jamie,,,,,always change the ballasts in good time,,which is a nice reminder mine need a change also just put in 4 x600 w bulbs,,,,it's surprising how quickly they lose power,,,,every third run I change bulbs,,,,I imagine your yield will be well up mate with new ballast etc,
Keep us posted,,,, s2

JamieShoes

Veteran
cheers s2 :) I certainly hope to see some improvements, the last couple haven been so great (0.7ish gpw when I'm used to 1+) got it going now on 600w (it's dimmable 600, 750, 1000 and super lumens ... I still have to get a 1000w bulb for it yet, matey at the place today only had double ended*...

ffs.. I'm such a dinosaur.. lmao.. this is my first electronic ballast and it's not even the 400v nor is it double ended... I still gots a long way to go to catch up to 2016 eh :D

*this was his last Lumatek unit which he wanted rid of as he's the NL distro for DIMLUX and thats the competition lol ..all the DIMLUX stuff is 400v and DE - paid 150 euros for the Lumatek when theyre normally 250+

B

bigganjabud

Tbh mate its all good anyway as lumatek (?spelling) have ceased trading man did so a while back now if memory serves correct

Not sure what the score is now like

JamieShoes

Veteran
yeah I just read that, seems you were right...some kind of big fall out... ffs... no wonder it was going cheap then :D

B

bigganjabud

No harm no foul I rekon mate hope you had a good Christmas and that

Tell ya what tho my limbo skills are goin crazy under this net!!

It's a bit of graft tho so it's all good lol

B

bigganjabud

Have you seen the new sweet seeds beans?

New ammi/s.a.d cross looks like it might be a bit of you tbh

JamieShoes

Veteran
Have you seen the new sweet seeds beans?

New ammi/s.a.d cross looks like it might be a bit of you tbh

for reasons known only to Sweet Seeds, they used the Cordoba Ammo cut, which is not so good.. otherwise I would be on that like a tramp on chips bro.

Latest posts

Latest posts