What's new

lumatek ballast + NO WARRANTY

growshopfrank

Veteran
Just a little heads up lumatek USA is no longer honoring their ballast warranty
The company is going out of business and fucking any retailers or distributors for warranty claims
at the moment they are playing the we never received your returns game
anyone who wants details PM me

RedBeardy5

Holy cow, my ballast went out last week and I was given a phantom bc they were having problems with following regulations on their ballasts. Looks like it happened just in time. Are you sure they are going out of buisness, they have been around for awhile.

damn ive got a lumitec ballast.mines been working fine 12 on 12 for over a year no problems.i hope it last longer.that sucks.

Lumatek is out of business?!?! Just curious, why? What happened? U.S. only or everywhere?(sorry if this is old news, I haven't been on the forums for a while).

Seemed like they were the big name in e-ballasts for a time. There's not even any mention of it on their website??

All my Lumateks have worked flawlessly for years, some with a LOT of hours on them now.

I was surprised when they came out with a fan cooled model, seemed like a move in the cheap direction.

Anyway, just curious.....

P

CharlieOBX

My Lumatek ballast blew Christmas night and the company I bought it from also told me Lumatek went out of business. Allegedly, the owners got into a big fight at a trade show and are now suing each other.

I was in the final four days of a water flush.

My warranty is toast. I just ordered a Solis Tek dimmable. It was a toss up between them and a Phantom. I heard good things about both and choose the Solis Tek because I can get it delivered by Wednesday.

mufinman

My Lumatek ballast blew Christmas night and the company I bought it from also told me Lumatek went out of business. Allegedly, the owners got into a big fight at a trade show and are now suing each other.

I was in the final four days of a water flush.

My warranty is toast. I just ordered a Solis Tek dimmable. It was a toss up between them and a Phantom. I heard good things about both and choose the Solis Tek because I can get it delivered by Wednesday.

I many years the only ballast that has failed me was Lumetek, twice. I'm with you with SolisTeK been using them since.