What's new

Shock: Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson favors marijuana legalization

ddrew

Veteran
OK, yeah you win. You are completely correct and I am way wrong on each and every issue.
It is obvious that you are superior to me in each and every way.
Had to save that in quote, thinking about adding it to my sig.

Welcome back Hoosier, I know you don't think much of me, but I have always enjoyed having you around, you make the board fun.

You know the funny thing is you have never once denied that it's you(hoosier) and that's because you are stubborn and proud, proud of your hoosier account, and it's threads, and followers, to proud to deny it, even at the risk of outing your new(old sock)account.

You are a man of principle, I'll give you that, even if a lot of them are mixed up and ass backwards.

So anyway, welcome back, try to relax and enjoy your day.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
OK, yeah you win. You are completely correct and I am way wrong on each and every issue.
It is obvious that you are superior to me in each and every way.

BTW, do you fucks grow pot? I don't see much on your pages. Not much at all really. What I see is a gaggle of blogsports rubbing each others nads. Seems these same people constantly engage the controversial threads, yet have jack shit to add when it comes to what we are really here for. I am always suspicious of those who stay here lots, yet have zero to show. (shrug)
:dunno:

hoosier, we don't care what you think when you enter a thread and go after members instead of the subject. Sure we reciprocated, we love exposing the inept.

If you grasped the subject matter and offered anything more than sour grapes and/or member arguments, nobody would carpet bomb your posterior.

And Disco...lol...man you really do have a lot of room to throw stones at peoples grows and equipment. I won't say much more...it's all there for us to enjoy. I can only hope that you were hoping for bad karma, because it is surely headed your way.
:blowbubbles:

Or maybe I am reading things wrong...maybe you are wanting some critique of your stuff. Maybe that is why you think it important to point out what you think are flaws in other peoples methods and equipment? Are you trying to provide some constructive criticism, or perhaps you are simply throwing hate stones and really trying to ridicule someone? Is that your game?
A, B, C... 1, 2, 3... (Your electrical load is coming off your male 120vac plug!) I reminded you nicely and you responded you didn't want the bulb to blow up in your face. :chin:

Peeps that don't understand electrical safety will see your 5000+ posts and assume you know what you're doing. If you insist, it's ok to risk your life and limb. Advertising a death trap to the world is dangerous and irresponsible.

Your stuff can be taken apart and made look juvenile..you do realize this, yes?
Or do you think that your stuff is so beyond reproach that you can afford to point out others flaws? Hmmmm....
Yep, an expert critique from the Ku keeps the world going 'round.

See, there is a theme in here that often rears its head...and many of the same folks are always in attendance. The theme is hatred of anything and everything that is Christian or politically conservative. The same people never fail to voice their loathe any chance they get. But guess what, there are lots of conservatives and Christians on this board. And it really sucks to see people throw stones at them all the time. You fucks never hesitate to throw stones at those you think are being bigots and spew hate speech...yet when it comes to groups you loathe, the hate speech and bigotry is justified.[/

Sadly others tend to not chastise you for such hatred and shit, basically because they probably agree with the hate and spew that is being laid out.
Funny how bigots can point out all the bigots.
Hey, you finally got back on track hoodie.... bigots. Pat Robertson is the quintessential bigot.

He used earthquakes, hurricanes and natural disaster to marginalize whole groups of human beings.

has a national television audience...

lots of cash...

direct connections to other religious and conservative leaders...

a nationwide bigot.

Sounds like Pat's got it all. And you're worried about several peeps poking fun? Too bad, life's tough.

descivii

I,ve been institutionalized before and statements like this "As a Christian, and as a former law enforcer who is now working to undo the damage these laws have done to our families and our communities......" tell me that he's not taking responsibility for the role he's played but rather placing the blame elsewhere. Take responsibility for the part you play!

J.

Baba Ku

Veteran
lol...I am not hoosier, Einstein.

catch up, disco. You are always a post or two behind. See, that little cut and paste ritual with the little one liners takes a sod such as yourself far too long to accomplish. Try typing out your thoughts. It's fun...try it no shit.
And I gotta hand it to you. You are very good at insulting folks. How could anyone ever hope to win any sort of debate or argument against a person with your keen ability to sling shit?

ddrew

Veteran

See, there is a theme in here that often rears its head...and many of the same folks are always in attendance. The theme is hatred of anything and everything that is Christian or politically conservative. The same people never fail to voice their loathe any chance they get. But guess what, there are lots of conservatives and Christians on this board. And it really sucks to see people throw stones at them all the time. You fucks never hesitate to throw stones at those you think are being bigots and spew hate speech...yet when it comes to groups you loathe, the hate speech and bigotry is justified.

Oh it's you Buddy, no doubt about it. This is classic hoosier^^^^
I have even received PM's from you that were almost word for word the same.
Talking about all the conservative republican christians on the board, and how they don't speak up, but give you rep saying they support you, etc....

I don't know what you did to get banned, I missed that episode, but maybe if you ask Gypsy nicely, he will give you your old account back, it's happened before.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
lol...I am not hoosier, Einstein.

I already told you I don't care, doubt anybody else does. As long as your posts mirror hoosier, I won't be the only one to draw parallels. Even stark similarities.

You know, hoosier's first post suggested a link between him and a previous ban. It wouldn't be beyond reason to assume your one in the same. But then I don't really care.

catch up, disco. You are always a post or two behind. See, that little cut and paste ritual with the little one liners takes a sod such as yourself far too long to accomplish.
That's funny, cut n paste. I click "quote" (it's the little button at the bottom right hand corner of all your posts.) I hit the return and respond every time your comment is absurd. Whatta ya know, that's quite a bit.

Try typing out your thoughts. It's fun...try it no shit.
Duh, I type every response. You're just pissed you have to see the tripe you previously posted. It's a reference point, hoosier. It reminds others what the response is directed at. It's also pretty funny to read in such a concise format.

And I gotta hand it to you. You are very good at insulting folks. How could anyone ever hope to win any sort of debate or argument against a person with your keen ability to sling shit?
Almost as soon as you entered, the subject of Pat ended. You took on members personally and you failed to back up your claims. This kind of socializing makes you a target.

We don't care how you feel or think. You'd get an easier following if you backed up your numbers and statistics. You'd also get a better following if you weren't so thin skinned. When your thin red line of topic is a canyon, peeps get numb to your hyper sensitivity.

If your posts didn't look like a lab rat, they wouldn't be dissected.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Let's try this...

fact - the word fact can refer to verified information about past or present circumstances or events which are presented as objective reality.
opinion - An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments
in review...

fact = objective, doesn't change

opinion = subjective and subject to change (albeit unwavering opinions that fly in the face of fact.)

fly in the ointment

Hopefully Robertson can stop the huge hypocricy of the Christians mission

If you weren't bogged down with this sort of prejudice, and actually knew actual Christians and their missions, this sort of thing by Pat Robertson wouldn't come as such a surprise. And you might find a lot more ready and able buddies in the battle for overturning prohibition in America.

A lot of Conservatives would throw in with our cousins on the left over this issue if we didn't have to deal with all the, "sexist, homophobe, hypocrite, racist, nazi" stuff all the time. Christ, can't even have a difference of opinion on political policy anymore without becoming one of Satan's minions to some folks.

And folks like me, radical right-wing Christians who've *never* supported prohibition due to how stupid it is to try to regulate the God-given liberty of personal appetite, wouldn't have to always roll our eyes at another ignorant soul who just doesn't get it...and just doesn't seem to mind being gratuitously insulting.

Just in case this concept has never occurred to some of you folks, just because you smoke MJ *doesn't* mean you automagically become a social liberal driven solely by your emotions, nor do you need to become a raging Atheist chronically misusing the term "hypocrite".

Half the people who come here are center-right, that's just plain old statistics. We go to church, we believe in God, our kids go to Catholic schools, and we grow and consume MJ. So kindly broaden your vaunted liberal "tolerance" to include us. We're the really fooking smart guys most people like having around when push shows up. Thanks!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Unfortunately for all of us the organized Christian right does not seem to have your tolerant attitude towards personal appetite.

It is my understanding that control of others appetite is high on the list of priorities.

Laws against gambling, drinking, prostitution, and our favorite flower all have their roots in the INCORPORATION of Church and State.

I wish there were more people with your tolerance no matter if they are religious or not.

:joint:

Unfortunately for all of us the organized Christian right

You need to hit the books, and refresh your understanding of the definition of the word "stereotype". There's a lot more people voting "NO" on these recent ballot measures than "organized Christians", obviously. "Organized Christians" includes the entire political spectrum, anyway. It's a silly phrase with no real definition, and no real information.

If I had to wager a paycheck, I'd bet that the old-school growers, everyone in the "hydroponics" industry, everyone in the "special fertilizer" industry, and everyone in the "discrete seed" industry voted *NO* on these propositions as well. To guarantee their continued obscene profit margins.

I *guarantee* you that our biggest foes when it comes to prohibition are precisely the people who want our money today. All the specialty grow-suppliers. They want to keep on getting our money, why wouldn't they? They aren't going to destroy their gravy-train by supporting decriminalization or legalization. Not on this planet.

And they are rich enough for lobbyists, lawyers, activists, etc. A lot richer than you or I. "Organized Christians" are not our problem. Organized Growers are.

I hang out with "organized Christians". We drink beer, many of us smoke a bit, we play rock and roll. You can't tell us from anyone else, except that we have more money, nicer houses, and happy spouses.

Comes with the whole God thing.

There's nothing in the Bible or the teachings of Christ that makes one automatically a supporter of prohibition, you know.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The organized ones are the ones with their own foundations and private jets, make media appearances and live off of the production of others.

Are you telling me there is no organized religious right in this country?

Isn't Pat Robertson a founding member of the religious right in this country? Doesn't Pat Robertson like the now dead Jerry Falwell have his own religious based UNIVERSITY?

BTW I didn't mention a thing about recent ballot measures, I stated that the PURITANICAL foundation of these peoples in the United States is very well documented.

If you believe that the NON RELIGIOUS are out regulating morality then I can't help you.

I am very happy for your nice car, house, fat bank account, and happy spouse. I guess you've solved the poverty issue, so now the government should get out of EVERYONES lives because we are all free to choose little baby jesus and fatter bank accounts.

What is the coolest part is despite Christ preaching tolerance the Puritans didn't cotton to that bullshit and scarlet letters, public stocks, witch burnings, slavery and other very tolerant concepts were enshrined as the rule of law.

If there is no such thing as this mind set of intolerance or even an organized religious impact on law and politics; why do you defend a group that doesn't exist against things that weren't said?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You need to hit the books, and refresh your understanding of the definition of the word "stereotype". There's a lot more people voting "NO" on these recent ballot measures than "organized Christians", obviously. "Organized Christians" includes the entire political spectrum, anyway. It's a silly phrase with no real definition, and no real information.

If I had to wager a paycheck, I'd bet that the old-school growers, everyone in the "hydroponics" industry, everyone in the "special fertilizer" industry, and everyone in the "discrete seed" industry voted *NO* on these propositions as well. To guarantee their continued obscene profit margins.

I *guarantee* you that our biggest foes when it comes to prohibition are precisely the people who want our money today. They want to keep on getting our money, why wouldn't they? They aren't going to destroy their gravy-train by supporting decriminalization or legalization. Not on this planet.

I hang out with "organized Christians". We drink beer, many of us smoke a bit, we play rock and roll. You can't tell us from anyone else, except that we have more money, nicer houses, and happy spouses.

Comes with the whole God thing.

There's nothing in the Bible or the teachings of Christ that makes one automatically a supporter of prohibition, you know.

How many of those No s are religious? Whose to say they're voting their $$ or their conviction?

I want to address the whole religious conservatives and weed thingy...

Non conservatives don't think conservatives as a whole thwart reform. But a MAJOR percentage of anti-reformers with money and mouthpiece are conservative. You can argue that's (whatever). We'll argue consistency but not to the point of maligning an entire demographic.

ICMAG exposes many points of view that others may have missed elsewhere. When I start seeing more conservatives with non-antagonistic views toward weed (like Palin and Pat) I'll feel a little better.

I could give religious followers SO much more air to breath without stuff like

we're richer...

we're happier...

we're prettier, we're cooler...

and to you billions of non-Christians, you're all going to Hell.
hotbounce2.gif
But only after you gay and voodoo followers suffer your deserved, natural disasters.

we're going to Heaven! :puke:

Why does anybody wonder why peeps fall from religion in droves?

treewizard

I grew up around the Southern Evangelical Movement. (has a lot to do with my relocation) I would go so far as to say that I am more familliar with the Bible than a lot of so called Christians. There's really nothing in there condemning Cannabis. Really with alcohol its that you shouldnt get drunk as that can lead to debauchery. Herb doesn't. Also God clearly stated that we are to use all green seed bearing plants. In the Old Testament something called Kannabos was refered to when mentioning some high temple incense blend and, I think, when talking about the Holy annointing oil. I'm not saying these folks are right, just that the Bible doesn't give prohibition a theological leg to stand on.

Are you telling me there is no organized religious right in this country?

I'm telling you that the entire *notion* of an actual, meaningful, identifiable bloc called "Religious Right" is propaganda.

Religious people, and organized religions, span the *entire* political spectrum. Religion is not a notable factor on this issue, period.

Only your stereotypical prejudices lead you to that belief.

If you believe that the NON RELIGIOUS are out regulating morality then I can't help you.

I don't need your help, for I don't labor under any stereotypes or prejudices. I see the world for what it is.

All laws are moral regulations. As regards laws that are *purely* expressions of one's arbitrary worldview, I should think the irreligious left has the monopoly.

They outlaw salt, they tell you how many gallons your toilet can flush, they tell you where you can smoke tobacco, they tell you what words you can and cannot say, they instruct you what lightbulbs to use, what fuel to put in your car.

There has been no force in modern times so morally tyrannical then the atheist Left. They turn their *personal preferences* into enforceable laws, and criminalize anything they don't like. Even speech.

As for us on the Right, I simply appeal to the words of one of my ancestors and a Founder of this country:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, and that they are endowed by their *Creator* with certain unalienable rights. And that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

So pardon me while *this* Christian defends you from the government intruding on your God-given rights, while you besmirch everything that I stand for. It's no problem. I'm used to it...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If I am capable of besmirching everything you stand for in just a few lines; I am truly sorry.

I understand that you are proud self identifying Christian and it seems a fan of history and the founding fathers. It is odd to see someone with Thomas Paine in their sig argueing in favor of organized religion because (from wiki) He became notorious because of The Age of Reason (1793–94), his book advocating deism, promoting reason and freethinking, and arguing against institutionalized religion and Christian doctrines.

I too am promoting reason and freethinking. I also argue against institutionalized religion and Christian doctrines that impinge on your NATURAL BORN rights.

I am no friend of the leftists and their policies, but they are mere pikers compared to the destructive power of organized religion.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I grew up around the Southern Evangelical Movement. (has a lot to do with my relocation) I would go so far as to say that I am more familliar with the Bible than a lot of so called Christians. There's really nothing in there condemning Cannabis. Really with alcohol its that you shouldnt get drunk as that can lead to debauchery. Herb doesn't. Also God clearly stated that we are to use all green seed bearing plants. In the Old Testament something called Kannabos was refered to when mentioning some high temple incense blend and, I think, when talking about the Holy annointing oil. I'm not saying these folks are right, just that the Bible doesn't give prohibition a theological leg to stand on.

Yet (predominantly) religious conservatives find themselves in the media, expressing the evils of weed and the folks that smoke it.

treewizard

No doubt. The idea of dual creation is also popular there. Thats the idea that while God created the heavens and the earth, Satan created a bunch of shit as well. As is a whole lot of other shit not advocated or downright condemned in the Bible. Most Christians remind me of the Pharisees that Jesus got along with so well... My aunt and uncle were hardcore about their whole Southern Baptist bullshit. Used to guilt trip me into going to church a bunch. Fastforward and they get a nasty devorce and my aunt gets fake tits. Yeah real fucking christlike. Religion is mostly just a tool for control. Its sad really. The mystic traditions underpinning most orthadox religion actually have something to offer in way of the evolution of one's self. Ideas of compassion and charity are pushed to the wayside in favor of biggotry and self rightiousness.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I'm telling you that the entire *notion* of an actual, meaningful, identifiable bloc called "Religious Right" is propaganda.

Religious people, and organized religions, span the *entire* political spectrum.

Religion is not a notable factor on this issue, period.

Only your stereotypical prejudices lead you to that belief.

You can't have a spectrum without colors. The Religious Right is but one color. You sound as if you're applying some space between you and a very major reality.

Whether you belong or not, the Religious Right doesn't vanish on demand.

The religious right is anyone who blends religion and conservative politics. You don't have to be a card carrying member, you only have to fit the protocol. There's always the possibility you don't mix religion and politics but that would be an exception with conservatives.

Long story short, "Yes, MaryAnn, there is a bogeyman.:)

All laws are moral regulations. As regards laws that are *purely* expressions of one's arbitrary worldview, I should think the irreligious left has the monopoly.
Yep I can be gay or I can rape somebody's daughter. Both camps agree that raping somebody's daughter is a crime. Only one camp thinks being gay is a crime, thus the stuffy, moral label.

They outlaw salt, they tell you how many gallons your toilet can flush, they tell you where you can smoke tobacco, they tell you what words you can and cannot say, they instruct you what lightbulbs to use, what fuel to put in your car.
Yeah, when 6.5 billion people crowd the earth, we start thinking how we're going to handle the next few billion.

Ain't it funny how liberals can be economically conservative and conservatives can be wasteful. These days, an economic conservative is at-large at best. Once they win an election it's anybody's guess.

There has been no force in modern times so morally tyrannical then the atheist Left. They turn their *personal preferences* into enforceable laws, and criminalize anything they don't like. Even speech.
That's an eerie blend of "pot meet kettle" and exclusivity.

Better get you a god or you're a tyrant.

As for us on the Right, I simply appeal to the words of one of my ancestors and a Founder of this country:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, and that they are endowed by their *Creator* with certain unalienable rights. And that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
I like what my next-door neighbor says better, as he drinks beer, burps and changes the TV channel,

"Too many people think of self. They want society yet complain about the structure that keeps society from imploding."

BURRRRRRP!!!!

"Let's see how free they are when others have the freedom to eat their lunch."

So pardon me while *this* Christian defends you from the government intruding on your God-given rights, while you besmirch everything that I stand for. It's no problem. I'm used to it...
Nah, it's your insistence on doing what you just said above. Even when others say "no thanks".

compost

At first I liked it, then.... I am not sure if I even want this idiot partially supporting some of our arguments. I just don't want our cause to be rolled up with some of the other stuff he has said in the past.

G

grasspass

Pat Robertson has a habit of saying anything that comes to his mind no matter if he on camera or not. Much to the embarrassment of most Christians. I don't think he has some deep, secret, conspiracy in mind ..