What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

here is peach well pollinated and heavily pregnant by the old timer haze male. i love smoking this one. Daytime smoke, feel good weed and tastes amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_2570.JPG
    IMG_2570.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

shiva82

thanks 1.2 m . its stealth . i have a shelf half way up. clear thin plastic on top , and the corragated type as the walls. it's all micro sized

shiva82

my meds . 2 weeks into flower. couple of peach , couple cheese ibl , couple of silver hashplant , a suspect remaining heavy grapefuit and two utopia haze under survailance. using 630 watt of cmh . too hot too add more , i tried using an extra lamp but too hot and i dont want my fans on max so i switched it off.

Attachments

• IMG_2584.JPG
    IMG_2584.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2585.JPG
    IMG_2585.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 54

shiva82

the lebs grow beautifully , id of loved to of grown them in large pots and not have to hide them . pretty looking plants and smell lovely. really strong smell on stem rubs

shiva82

i try be imaginative and use less than 3 m2 of grow space in total including my greenhouse, and my mini tent in loft, to grow my own meds and seeds and keep clones as opposed to mothers. sometimes i keep a mother but then i retake a healthy cut and content with that .i try and keep it as low maintenance as possible. i haven't fed my plants in flower yet. they are probably hitting the limit of the 10 litres of all mix. i will give them a super dilute weak as piss molasses watering once a week for say 4 weeks now , and once a weak a mild mineral feed when they are rootbound . then back to water for the last 3 weeks, and thats it. the bacteria is living happily in the soil , and all mix base mix is fine for the job and saves over complicating things mixing my own soils and making brews and such. pellets sometimes i use too, and just water only.i'm a lazy gardener. I prefer worm casting heavy based soil mixes to guano heavy mixes. thats just personal preferance though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ost

zaprjaques

Not a big fan of grinders, i use it for stuff thats way too strong for me so the fine ground stuff gets easier for me to dose when sprinkled on cbd/cbg blends in the vape, or seldomly tobacco.

shiva82

the leb might be a good choice for you to smoke by sounds of it. interesting. i could do with a break to lower my tolerance and enjoy the nuances more. I have athritis and joint muscle damage , so some days i need it. have a good day. off to work

zaprjaques

yep, have grown some ace leb, pretty badly i must admit, had 2 phenos one was very enjoyable and also tastier, the other one was quicker to finish and also stayed pretty squat, too stony for me, cant get stuff done, and the aroma was not very appealing... i hit both with STS but they turned pretty late for making S1s and so i froze the pollen. did another run with 3 Manipuris from real seed co and one leb wich turned out male. Hit the best of the 3 Manipuris with all 3 leb pollens and made a bunch of seeds. popped 2 of the offspring one died, the other one was really nice. long onset of effects, long lasting, not racy, very clear but also super relaxing, sometimes you forget you had some and the something funny happens and you laugh your ass off,very functional too. and i loved the taste and smell, herbal candy, green tea and mangoes, with a backbone like almond marzipan not really weedy smells, i wish i could have cloned or revegged her. currently on hiatus from growing. have a nice day!

shiva82

interesting, i was guessing maybe the less auto prone phenotypes would be the keepers? i will soon find out . next year any leb hybrids i will test out in the wild guerilla style. i have also aquired a bit of land to grow food crops on and i could maybe blag a couple of plants on that plot. cheers jaques. what is your verdict on the real seed company ? any good?

Last edited:

zaprjaques

With aces lebs i guess all of them are semi autoflowers, with some individuals that are probably immune to revegging.
if the pots are big enough and you manage to keep them stress free most of them should be able to be kept as mothers.
According to dubi, and also to my limited experience, the longer flowering ones are the 'better' phenos, better yeild, flavours and effect.

rsc looks legit to me, theres not much mistery around it, that angus guy certainly has his seeds together and the descriptions are detailed, on point and bullshit free, in my opinion unlike many other vendors that are in the same niche.
quite a few grow reports out there too,..

i wish i had more first hand experience but the manipuri is the only one i got from him and i used it only to make the cross with the lebanese, the smoke from the de-seeded manipuri was really something else, really special to me. many people have trouble getting them to show sex but i had them on 9/15 light cycle from seed in 100ml pots and 2 out of three confirmed female after 3 weeks or so from sprout if i remember correctly. 3rd one was kind of stuck and not doing much so i had to remove it...
i heard skunkman sam say if you give plants 2 or 3 days total darkness they will show sex earlier. maybe the long darkness periods in my light schedule had a similar effect. i think the light degrades some of the hormones or something.. almost snoozing out while writing this, long day, lots of work ... all the best with your endeavours, hope to see some of the offspring of leb x othaze in the future. really stoked about it

shiva82

i think i have listened to a podcast with him on , and he was preferring to use the term heirloom for many of the cultivars, I think it was Angus. i like the look of what they have , but being a user, and indoor grower and with them being only one generation from heirloom or ibl or landrace , it needs more detailed attention indoor, such as matching to sun light hours to the region the seeds come from, so it makes it more complex for me. the priority for me is my meds to smoke first and pollen chucking second. if i had space though i would be trying more untamed landraces. that lemon afghan fem looks a good female to try indoor. i think thats a khalifa strain

shiva82

afghan lemon looks a good indoor choice - The best phenotype of one of the best hash plants of all time. The Afghan Lemon is a highly refined and stabilized phenotype of Balkh Hashplant. This legendary Afghan Landrace has been used for hundreds of years for making some exquisite hashish.

In 2019, While doing a preservation run with the Balkhi, the Khalifa team found an outstanding lemony phenotype. That stand-out plant was frostier than most and had an incredible flavor profile. Khalifa Genetics has then stabilized that unique phenotype for over 2 years to turn it into a true breeding strain.

Therefore, the Afghan lemon consistently produces flavorful lemon-scented plants. It will delight growers with robust, easy-to-grow plants with resinous buds. When touching the flowers, the resin on your fingers leaves a strong lemony/hashy smell that lingers for several minutes. The taste is also a delicious blend of Lemon and old school Hash.

Unlike most lemony hybrids, the Afghan Lemon’s smell is fresh and natural. It is very different from that candy/chemical lemon scent that many California strains have. Its super smooth smoke quickly brings about a strong body stone effect. Although it is potent and long-lasting, the effect isn’t overwhelming but rather pleasant and relaxing.

The Balkh province is home to some of the best sieved hashish in the world such as the famous “Milk of Mazar” and the “Old Golden One”. The Afghan Lemon is therefore the cream of the crop. It is one of the best expressions of one of the best hash plants in the world!

zaprjaques

Yeah that sounds like Angus, landrace is a bad word according to him. I think he was kinda stressed out at that time, some tend to be more than others...
Youre absolutely right, these cultivars are not so suited for growing indoors, lots of work involved, but also really gratifying when you find something nice in the lines, unique stuff. definitely lots of throwaways that wont work indoors.

That Afghan Lemon sounded gorgeous when i saw it the first time, already had it in my shopping cart but then decided that it wouldnt make much sense cause i have lots of other beautiful stuff thats sitting there and i cant pop at the moment... I'm surprised theres still packs available.

Its nice to have people like ace sifting through stuff, doing selections and optimizing so we can enjoy some of these things indoor. :)