What's new

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I learned a lot about greenhouses in college and visited a few that are really nice with cooling pads and supplimental lighting. I don't remember blackout curtains, thats a special custom setup for cannabis I think. They probably use it in some other flower production I would guess.

I worked in the research greenhouses, they have hemp growing there now. Just missed it.

Just trying to figure out what type of lighting is most effective. I always hoped to use flourescent tubes but that wouldn't work out very well. Some people grow like that.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lunchmoney is growing some of my seed this year in a closet and he's going to have to figure out how to keep temps under control he said. They'll fill it out.

He's living in a boarding house working in a legal state!

shiva82

I learned a lot about greenhouses in college and visited a few that are really nice with cooling pads and supplimental lighting. I don't remember blackout curtains, thats a special custom setup for cannabis I think. They probably use it in some other flower production I would guess.

I worked in the research greenhouses, they have hemp growing there now. Just missed it.

Just trying to figure out what type of lighting is most effective. I always hoped to use flourescent tubes but that wouldn't work out very well. Some people grow like that.
i had amazing quality and good yields with t5 ho bulbs. scrog , nice and close.

greenhouse with double ended hps with a greenpower bulb will be fine

if you search t5 scrog grow cab in google pictures , you will find my cab online somewhere and many others that tried it. T5s work well

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats what Lunchmoney is using cool! Ok So T5 is just a type of flourescent, I didn't know that. Is that similar to aquarium lights?

shiva82

high output t5s. yes aquarium type. they are decent for growing weed . under rated

i have a couple units in my loft. the 4 ft ,8 bulb ho t5 was great. i had the 6.5k and 3 k bulbs alternating. gave me over 10 ounces of premium ganja and little to no waste as my plants were only 1 ft tall and scrogged

shiva82

meech agrees

Attachments

• IMG_5618.JPG
    IMG_5618.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I could have lined my 75g aquarium with mylar and had a grow box, the cabinet underneath would be good for veg. 10 Oz is pretty good! Thats almost a years supply in one round!

shiva82

the quality and density of the buds was off the charts. densest buds i have grown was under ho t5. they only penetrate 1 ft to 2ft at the desired ppf so you have to do scrog and get the fixture within a couple of inches

led mixed with ho t5s might be a winner. the t5s would enhance the leds fixtures and allow the full use of spectrum

try a mini grow with the t5 ho bulbs , nice and close. the quality is impressive

shiva82

i grew hashstars cut of l.s.d inside the cab , and then sunshine daydream. again, hash can verify the t5 grow. that was around 15 years ago

i was using diatomacious earth at the time though too. i think that improved the structure too. i may incorporate it into my soils again. possibly start adding the biochar again too.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't use Diotomacious earth, the host of The Potcast said it was terrible on your soil life. May do some research.

shiva82

i didn't note that when i used it. i will delve into it later. for now i'm not using it

i was at the time trying it to combat fungus gnats. which when wet and absorbing water, had no effect . however it gave slow release silica i noticed and didnt harm the plants in any way. it is good for gnats once , while dry . but then the fans will blow it round the room. for ganja pest control its not great

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats cool you can get good results with those t5's! It may be tough to have good light intensity for them, but you could train your plants. How did you do the scrog, 12/12 from seed, clones, or training?

A friend on the Outdoor forum did a huge scrog with a 25 gal container outdoors! It was like a 4x8!

Did you like those 2 song I posted a little bit ago? I can tell Meech did.
Jah Music Mansion pulled this track to play today

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of beneficial insects feeding in the soil and at the surface, so definitely would want to use Diatomaceous earth sparingly.

Latest posts

Latest posts