What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeopleWish

I wish that the community, with good science at hand, would support this individual (zodiac) with his design and hypothesis.

To me it seems plausible; having a decent amount of understanding about spectrums and various wavelengths I can see something innovative like this paving the way for better yields and quality. I gotta give him credit his design is clean, I do wish however zodiac would specify his parameters more, preferably mathematically.

Oh yah and Bonezy im switching to vert, i think i may never do flat again, you should see the conversion we are going threw right now -.-....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wish he would post some pics of past grows even w different systems, aside from the non-transparency of the thread (non specific parameters) i am supportive and open minded....
until pics and parameters.... it's kinda all talk.

just the fact that Jbnz is all over the guy gives the thread a lil more credibility imo... i kno that seems silly... but im just being honest.

Jbonez

Veteran
God damn it avi...

Gimme a second, be back with pics in a few minutes....

lol... nothing but love homie..

unspoken

JBonez...His theory may seem sound to you, but please find ONE person on the internet hitting higher gpw yields with induction lighting than are attainable with hid. That's all I'm saying. Just one. One. Person. On the whole internet. Seriously though, you find me that one person, and I'll be changing my tune faster than the speed of light in a vacuum. Like I said, I did my homework. I was ready to drop $3500 on 4 indagrow par 420s if my research found a real benefit. What I found overwhelmingly showed me that you need 2 420w par indagrow lights per 5x5 area to compete with a 1k. Even then the nugs come out with less weight(although comparable) and less dense than a 1k, and the penetration is not there. Shit, don't take my word for it, continue your quest; I'm just trying to save you some time.

I chose indagrow because they are "designed for photosynthesis" meaning the phosphor coating has been formulated for the best plant spectrum. They seem to be the top of the line at the moment, the cutting edge, so I didn't want to compare with anything less.

here are the only tangible benefits I could find with induction lighting: Less heat, a few less watts (840 vs 1000w for as close as you will get), no bulb changes unless your induction light breaks for whatever reason.

D

DHF

Just got my last 2 formative posts deleled cuz that thread will go on without logic and heretofore knowledge.....but.....

I welcome the opportunity to Quadruple what I did with conventional equipment to bring me outta retirement to do so........but.....

It`s doubtful with the way that thread`s headed with only the promise of the way , truth , and light for yields in that range of consistent returns....and.......

I`ve been wrong before........Just not much ,.....and then thread`s gone again.......Wonder where knowledge and experience lies........In the doin and not the talkin bout it.....I guess....

Peace....Freds......:ying:.....

Last edited:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Dude. I figured out a way to cram 8,000 plants into one cubic foot of space. And the best part? It yields 600 lbs... without any light at all!

It's going to revolutionize everything!

My light bill is dropping to 0 and my harvest increases by infinite gpw.

Also, I'll be growing... ALLLLLLLL BUD.

We're growing HARD MODE from here on out.

BldSwtTrs

JBonez...His theory may seem sound to you, but please find ONE person on the internet hitting higher gpw yields with induction lighting than are attainable with hid. That's all I'm saying. Just one. One. Person. On the whole internet. Seriously though, you find me that one person, and I'll be changing my tune faster than the speed of light in a vacuum. Like I said, I did my homework. I was ready to drop $3500 on 4 indagrow par 420s if my research found a real benefit. What I found overwhelmingly showed me that you need 2 420w par indagrow lights per 5x5 area to compete with a 1k. Even then the nugs come out with less weight(although comparable) and less dense than a 1k, and the penetration is not there. Shit, don't take my word for it, continue your quest; I'm just trying to save you some time.

I chose indagrow because they are "designed for photosynthesis" meaning the phosphor coating has been formulated for the best plant spectrum. They seem to be the top of the line at the moment, the cutting edge, so I didn't want to compare with anything less.

here are the only tangible benefits I could find with induction lighting: Less heat, a few less watts (840 vs 1000w for as close as you will get), no bulb changes unless your induction light breaks for whatever reason.

What? To a commercial grower those numbers are sexy enough to make me blow my load... if 840 induction watts are comparable to 1000 HID watts I will be switching over immediately...

16% energy savings in lighting alone + AC costs (which are about 35% of my total energy costs)... INSANE benefits...

16% energy savings on lighting alone would pay for the upgrade in 1 run...

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

Bobbles raised a point in the first thread that went unanswered. I would like to see some lab results of the finished product. I have smoked dope that did not get you high. As an example, although not light related, I saw someone thrash a UC system because his known strain tested in the low teens. It was likely user error, because I know, and have successfully used that system. But it goes to show you that if a factor is missing the finished product is worthless.
If low potency is a result, but the technology improves for consistent high yields, that is the way the government will go, and you will be able to buy a 20 pack at your local convenience store, that won't get you medicated...

Arminius

Veteran

Lol, looks like the second one got shut down too...
Dude should give it a rest until he at least has plants in the system...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude. I figured out a way to cram 8,000 plants into one cubic foot of space. And the best part? It yields 600 lbs... without any light at all!

It's going to revolutionize everything!

My light bill is dropping to 0 and my harvest increases by infinite gpw.

Also, I'll be growing... ALLLLLLLL BUD.

We're growing HARD MODE from here on out.

:laughing: Hard mode is ONLY for advanced growers! (circa:Yummybud 2012)

D

DHF

What? To a commercial grower those numbers are sexy enough to make me blow my load... if 840 induction watts are comparable to 1000 HID watts I will be switching over immediately...

16% energy savings in lighting alone + AC costs (which are about 35% of my total energy costs)... INSANE benefits...

But will yas take the plunge on hearsay and conjecture ?......Me thinks not........Hopefully.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
photosynthetic photon flux density.......ok I am WAY over my head here...I'll stuck with HID's since I missed the flame war and the thread(S) got binned...damn (kicks the dirt) I always miss all the fun!

R

Rjrom90

I may have seen the test unspoken refers to (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJx6i5jSVeo) and if you watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFge3iKSxEY) you can see that the induction lights are meant to run about 3 times closer to the canopy than HID lights (6 inches vs 20 inches). Because of the inverse square law, that means 9 times more light at the canopy and stronger light penetration underneath the canopy. There could also be the potential to run the induction lights even closer to the canopy with the help of a light rail, which could be how Zodiac is able to claim such high yields.

Jbonez

Veteran
I may have seen the test unspoken refers to (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJx6i5jSVeo) and if you watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFge3iKSxEY) you can see that the induction lights are meant to run about 3 times closer to the canopy than HID lights (6 inches vs 20 inches). Because of the inverse square law, that means 9 times more light at the canopy and stronger light penetration underneath the canopy. There could also be the potential to run the induction lights even closer to the canopy with the help of a light rail, which could be how Zodiac is able to claim such high yields.

Rj, welcome aboard and great post.. Thanks for observing the logic that has me and BST going FUKIN nuts..

As a systems builder, virtual and realtime constructs process through my mind at a rate I have trouble comprehending at times.

But...

For the god damn life of me I cannot find a fault in this dudes setup..

The only variable is his lights.. And we dont know all the info yet..

I have the information on the lights, but I am obviously not taking a leap of faith till I see a plant at least... And thats a weak out right now.....

Freds, can we chat in pm please...

Arminius

Veteran

That video confirms my suspicion about potency. "Didn't have the resin weight of the HPS". The video was made by a sales rep for Inda Grow, so I doubt they have the product tested, or don't want to disclose it. It looks like they admit the better combo is Inda Grow for veg, and HPS for flower. T5s are cheaper no?

Im so close to taking the plunge on the inda gro and run it on a light mover with horizontal beds first before I would make the plunge and outfit every room with it (vertical)

D

DHF

Rj, welcome aboard and great post.. Thanks for observing the logic that has me and BST going FUKIN nuts..

As a systems builder, virtual and realtime constructs process through my mind at a rate I have trouble comprehending at times.

But...

For the god damn life of me I cannot find a fault in this dudes setup..

The only variable is his lights.. And we dont know all the info yet..

I have the information on the lights, but I am obviously not taking a leap of faith till I see a plant at least... And thats a weak out right now.....

Freds, can we chat in pm please...
Yes........

Status
Not open for further replies.