What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DHF

Whatever and however the canopy gets developed is the name of the game........

All in the greater scheme of dialin yer bitches.......Trust me.....

All will be revealed in time.......and.....

That`s why I preach dialage.....in every aspect and all 4 corners of their world.......

Learn all yas can about each strain/variety/hybrid and exploit their ass for the bottom line with all environment and watts per sq ft in place.....and then....it`s......

Simple....Babyshit.......

Happy Ho Ho Bro........Freds.......:ying:.......

bobblehead

Veteran
defoliating in veg subjects the plants to stress... but prepares them to deal with that stress better in the future, and so ideally they won't be as stressed from defoliation in flower. Neat, huh?

Jbonez

Veteran
defoliating in veg subjects the plants to stress... but prepares them to deal with that stress better in the future, and so ideally they won't be as stressed from defoliation in flower. Neat, huh?

Honestly Bobble, Im not sure if thats what Im accomplishing..

What seems to happen to them after stripping leaves is the same thing that happens with topping.. Energy gets diverted to other grow tips.. Problem is, one or more of those grow tips will need to take over as a dominant grow tip, and they may even compete.. Im not topping, so once the main grow tip gets another set of leaves it takes back off, and I can control its speed to allow the other to get caught up by letting them go..

Im trying to stretch the plants grow tips without topping, and pulling leaves has given what "appears" to be the most uniform growth throughout the plants structure if that makes any sense..

My chemD is looking like she wants to put off about 4oz... I can fit 7 more around the same light and if they all pulled that, I could see 2lbs per 6..

Speculation at this point, but we will know after I cut this chemd down..

Nothing I do will ever top or surpass what Freds is doing, you simply have to veg for far too long to achieve my results so I dont want anyone thinking that this is a shortcut to yields, its just not as efficient as what Freds is teaching...

Next room I build will be Freds setup, in which I hope he grows vicariously through me all the way to yield heaven!

D

DHF

What seems to happen to them after stripping leaves is the same thing that happens with topping.. Energy gets diverted to other grow tips.. Problem is, one or more of those grow tips will need to take over as a dominant grow tip, and they may even compete.. Im not topping, so once the main grow tip gets another set of leaves it takes back off, and I can control its speed to allow the other to get caught up by letting them go..

Im trying to stretch the plants grow tips without topping, and pulling leaves has given what "appears" to be the most uniform growth throughout the plants structure if that makes any sense..

My chemD is looking like she wants to put off about 4oz... I can fit 7 more around the same light and if they all pulled that, I could see 2lbs per 6..

Nothing I do will ever top or surpass what Freds is doing, you simply have to veg for far too long to achieve my results so I dont want anyone thinking that this is a shortcut to yields, its just not as efficient as what Freds is teaching...

Next room I build will be Freds setup, in which I hope he grows vicariously through me all the way to yield heaven!
And yes........

I will......:moon::peacock:.........Let`s get it on.........

Peace...Freds.....

bobblehead

Veteran

That is what you're accomplishing, even if it's indirect.

There's a hormonal change that goes on in the plant when you start removing leaves... The plant comits that change to memory, so it can respond faster the next time...

With the human immune system... You get sick once, and it can be long and drawn out... But after your body beats the infection, you still have anitbodies in your blood to detect reinfection and your immune system responds sooner suppressing the infection before it gets as bad as it did before.

Plants have a similar way of adapting. Just adding some info... Not trying to detract from your show.

Jbonez

Veteran
That is what you're accomplishing, even if it's indirect.

There's a hormonal change that goes on in the plant when you start removing leaves... The plant comits that change to memory, so it can respond faster the next time...

With the human immune system... You get sick once, and it can be long and drawn out... But after your body beats the infection, you still have anitbodies in your blood to detect reinfection and your immune system responds sooner suppressing the infection before it gets as bad as it did before.

Plants have a similar way of adapting. Just adding some info... Not trying to detract from your show.

Detract? pff nonsense.. was hoping youd pop in and toss some knowledge my way more often.

I must admit, pulling leaves off this chemD after the stretch has shown no signs of slowing growth, so what you are saying is beautiful music to my ears...

Im honestly just loving the way they fill out with all the extra little sites popping up, Ive ran chemD for a long time and Ive never seen her stacking like this, topping just meant more grow tips, not budsites on said growtips..

Defoliating is under rated, but in no way is going to compete with high numbers and flip rooms, its not possible, there would be a bottleneck in the time sequence.. Only way Im starting to see pulling numbers each month is with numbers........

TPFTFW

Veteran
Damn near have me convinced to try out vert. Killin it man. Oh and yeah copped a unused demo 60 site EZ fer 25$ a lil all purpose flat black and I was golden. I actually did the top few inches on the sides in the chalk paint thinking I could just chalk the labels on.. Didn't work, worth a shot though. I'm prolly going back to "baby shit" like ya guys say, I had great results the first time it's just very high maintenance with my method. My fams been growing OD for 45+ years.. Swears by plucking all the way through (same logic as stated above) also they get 80-90% success in straight dirt OD with just willow tea n a lil rooting hormone in the shade since the 70's so once again simple logic seems to prevail. gadgets are fun though

Jbonez

Veteran
Damn near have me convinced to try out vert. Killin it man. Oh and yeah copped a unused demo 60 site EZ fer 25$ a lil all purpose flat black and I was golden. I actually did the top few inches on the sides in the chalk paint thinking I could just chalk the labels on.. Didn't work, worth a shot though. I'm prolly going back to "baby shit" like ya guys say, I had great results the first time it's just very high maintenance with my method. My fams been growing OD for 45+ years.. Swears by plucking all the way through (same logic as stated above) also they get 80-90% success in straight dirt OD with just willow tea n a lil rooting hormone in the shade since the 70's so once again simple logic seems to prevail. gadgets are fun though

Youve come to a good place to learn vertical, my constituents are particularly knowledgeable in the ways of max yields.. Its a philosophy like any other, once you see it, its hard to just go back..

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
There is no going back... I have a remote site that is vertical, and I hate it... I will convert the client to 2 donuts over a 4x6 screened table soon though...

D

DHF

I have no input on strippin leaves in veg.......All I ever did was trim sucker branches and shape laterals for the mini xmas tree shape once put in the flip rooms......and then.....

Tended them bitches after stretch was completely done with no repercussions.....so.....

Many ways ta skin a mule.......and.......All will be revealed with runs under the belt...bet on it....

If we don`t grow .....we wither......

Results are what matters..........bottom line.......

Good luck Bro.......Freds.....:ying:......

Jbonez

Veteran
Went through and did some leaf pullin.... Started tapering the nutes down on the snowdawg, shes coming down in a few weeks..

ChemD
picture.php

Katsu Bubba
picture.php

Grape BrainRape
picture.php

SnowDawg
picture.php

Jbonez

Veteran
For Pdubs...

Hey bro, I am contemplating purchasing raw mono ammonium phosphate to up the % of nh4 to 25%.. Is my thinking correct? Or are you saying that 5/5 provides a similar proportion of nh4 to no3 and Im wasting my time.

Thinking of just building a stock CaMg solution using raw salts, but more importantly I want to avoid the use of edta for chelates based on what Ive read.. Nothing but the best right? lol..

Fucking over H3ads mix, it doesnt even make sense in light of recent data..... And dont get me started on Lucas...

Also, how do you account for the lack of cec in active hydro? Up the P and K based on your formula???

I always wondered why Maxibloom gave better results.. It has a better proportion of nh4, but the P is too high.. Hell, Maxi grow has decent proportions (17%), LESS P, similar K profile and uses DTPA Fe...

Can we come up with a new formula for coco utilizing maxigro? Lemme know.. (thinking Maxigrow with Si, buffers and p booster, which Im assuming we can do in raw form as well)

One of my boys is running Flora Duo and swears by it, and after checking the profiles it makes perfect sense as the N ratios are more on point than H3ads mix... closer to yours, but not as close.. Still I think thats why he is liking it better....

PeopleWish

5/5/7/.5/5 has a ratio of 13:1. H3ads is much wider don't gave time to look now but I think it's in the 20s.

The nix stated above creates extremely vigorous growth for vegging plants and plants in their first 3 weeks of flower.

After stretch is completed it is advised to widen the gap between nh4 and no3. Your flowers will exhibit a certain taste that most heads characterize as to much residual nitrogen--green taste left in the bud. I'd advise after stretch to do intervals of 5/5/7/.5/5 and 50%(5/5/7/.5/5). To weaken the solution in the rhizo, however this will not change the 13:1~ ratio.

If excessive N still seems to be the culprit I would suggest using a different set of ratios sub as 6/1/9 and yes perhaps 6/9 (it still has its place from time to time).

You would be better off making a one part from base salts and providing all available calcium via soil amendment that redeveloping a mix with maxi bloom

When using GH I spike 6g of koolbloom 3 times every two weeks on top of my standard mix durin the P&K segment of my sequence.

D

DaveTheNewbie

For Pdubs...

Hey bro, I am contemplating purchasing raw mono ammonium phosphate to up the % of nh4 to 25%.. Is my thinking correct? Or are you saying that 5/5 provides a similar proportion of nh4 to no3 and Im wasting my time.

Thinking of just building a stock CaMg solution using raw salts, but more importantly I want to avoid the use of edta for chelates based on what Ive read.. Nothing but the best right? lol..

Fucking over H3ads mix, it doesnt even make sense in light of recent data..... And dont get me started on Lucas...

Also, how do you account for the lack of cec in active hydro? Up the P and K based on your formula???

I always wondered why Maxibloom gave better results.. It has a better proportion of nh4, but the P is too high.. Hell, Maxi grow has decent proportions (17%), LESS P, similar K profile and uses DTPA Fe...

Can we come up with a new formula for coco utilizing maxigro? Lemme know.. (thinking Maxigrow with Si, buffers and p booster, which Im assuming we can do in raw form as well)

One of my boys is running Flora Duo and swears by it, and after checking the profiles it makes perfect sense as the N ratios are more on point than H3ads mix... closer to yours, but not as close.. Still I think thats why he is liking it better....

im not sure where this came from, but your saying your leaning towards running MaxiGrow (not bloom) full cycle? In my mind that would be getting close to the PPK guys running peters which is 15/15/15 or something balanced like that? they seem to be killing it too.

Jbonez

Veteran
Dave, gimme a bit, Im calculating profiles as we speak, but I want to reply, bare with me.. My hypothesis thusfar is that Maxigro with supplemented P may be a better alternative to H3ads mix.. But I dont want to cry wolf....

Pdubs, H3ads formula has a ratio of 15.67 based on my calculations.. Not a far cry from where your at.. Still though, I believe that while the difference may appear negligible, it may transcend the required threshold for certain phenotypes...Which is exactly what I am dealing with now... Surprise....

You are correct, the only real way to actually feed your plants correctly is by building my own base/micro salt configuration... Im vested at this point, there may not be any going back...

I dont think this is news, rather its difficult to do this unless you go all the way.. Creating a nutrient profile superseding any known product on the shelves is very profound..

PeopleWish

Those products on the shelves and their creators lie to you. They know the optimal profiles but cease to provide them.

If you created a simple 1-2 part line for the hobbyists that was only point with mel franks description of the optimal profile you'd be mega rich

RespectGreen

Veteran
Lookin great J'. I hope you enjoyed your holidays, and how do you l ike that katsu? Lost her sometime back, smoking the PK now though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts