What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share Your 2022 Guerilla Plans, Strains and Tips.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Weed

bed 3 8.18.22.JPG

bed 3 more 8.18.22.JPG

'92 OG's

'92 oggs 8.18.22.JPG

end patch 8.18.22.JPG

iTarzan

Sorry to hear that Zaprjaques. Everybody deserves a patch in the wild or a row in the corn.

Chunky do you smoke everything you grow? I have smoked about 2 ounces a week since I turned 18. I smoke more than anybody I know. I can't smoke all your buds in a year. I always tell my friends that if a war could be stopped by out smoking the enemies champion, then I am going to be the guy representing the USA. Now I think you should be the one. LOL!

Chunk do you grow on your own land where nobody can come to unless they sneak in? You have fantastic grows.

Last edited:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Wow. Two ounces of weed smoked a week is some serious quantity. Surely if the potency of the stash is high, that total smoked ought to go down? My consumption went way down when I stopped smoking and started vaping. Haven't smoked any bud in many moons, though I would like to fire up a jay if I could just buy rolling papers without being recognized in this land of rabid prohibition

iTarzan

I get around 20 joints from an ounce of weed. It comes down to 3-4 joints a day. Big fat stogie joints but still around 3 a day. I would have to smoke 3-4 more to get to Chunky's level. He smokes some of the same strains too and they are far from weak. Chem D, Orig D, Triangle OG, GG4, GMO, The White, L.A. Pure Kush, GSC and Chem 91. I just got Loompa Headband back and I can start smoking that top end bud soon.

I ain't bragging and I ain't actually proud of my consumption but I am 100% positive I can smoke 2 ounces a week of anything, anybody in the world has. It isn't that hard to do. You just have to have a lifestyle where you can be stoned 24 hours a day. LOL! One time my boss ask me why he couldn't tell I was stoned like he could whenever anybody else was stoned after they went to lunch. I told him because you have never seen me straight. I was selling cars at the time. I usually sold 20+ cars a month and they left me alone to do my thing and make them money.

I don't vape at home. It takes the fun out of smoking weed IMHO. I like the process of using flowers. I do like the vape when I am smoking while fishing. Sometimes it is hard to get a joint to burn properly at stream side with the wind blowing. The vape is nice then. I have a vape pen that can burn oils, hash or flowers.

One year I sent weed to the ICmag 420 cup. I finished 3rd in Indica. My flavor rating held me back. It did tie for the highest rating in potency with one other strain. It got high bag appeal score too.
There are so many good seeds to buy now and proven clones are everywhere. It seems like it should be easy for anybody who really tries to get potent weed to grow.
I am about to embark on a sativa search for something special. I have gathered up some great seed stock and hopefully find something worth keeping in the next couple years.
My favorite strain has been Chem D but I do believe my favorite now is GMO. I am really into GMO right now. I hope to find a favorite in Golden Tiger or A5Haze sooner than later.

laszlokovacs

Yeah you guys are real heavy smokers ahaha. I think I could have kept up a couple years ago but I cut back for a bunch of reasons and also some annoying medical stuff. Dabbed a ton for awhile but kinda got bored with it. I could easily go through 1-2g a day of good quality BHO for a couple years but the highs never had legs and dabbing every 15 minutes gets old. Bud has a much higher ceiling for me, but I dont think I could smoke a couple zips a week of those heavy hitters chunky has in his stables! Probably a fair amount though:rasta:
My favorite strain has been Chem D but I do believe my favorite now is GMO. I am really into GMO right now. I hope to find a favorite in Golden Tiger or A5Haze sooner than later.

Chem is King! Best family of weed I've ever smoked and always has a soft spot in my heart. First weed I ever smoked as a teenager that was far better than anything else around and ticked every box. Couple years later the first seed I ever popped and grew was some chemdog bagseed from outdoor packs I was getting from the west coast. Grew a tiny plant and yielded 2g chopped too early cuz of disease but the plant stunk up my whole room and the hallway from inside the closet with at least 2-3 weeks to go. Took it my pocket on the subway and in a packed car some lady started talking about it stinks like good weed and ended up right next to me saying "oh thats you isnt it". I made an account here because of that plant lol- I cloned it but ended up losing the clone messing up making a bonsai in a tiny pot. Still kinda bummed about it for nostalgic reasons. Not even sure it was a bagseed of real chem but it was some chunky loud shit eitherway. Scooped them late but I have some chem crosses I cant wait to hunt thru for next year. Couldnt resist popping one AJ sour x Chemdog seed though back in july.

Anyway the guerilla plants- Unfortunately had to leave like 10 minutes after showing up to the plot bc of an unrelated emergency so I didnt do anything I came there to do. Took a couple pics for my records though.

Mix of some smaller ones and some bigger ones- Half are under and half are over 6ft. Middle/closest one is the AJSD x Chem 91.
IMG_4478.JPG

Buds are starting to stack up on most.
IMG_4488.JPG

This grape dragon on the left is reaching for the sky, Havent measured but the top is a good 8-9 feet minimum. Funny cuz the breeder says it should be the fastest finisher of the bunch but looking like it will be one of the last ones.
IMG_4479.JPG

These buds weren't really here a week ago...
IMG_4470.JPG

Can anyone identify this brown stuff. I want to say its bug parts like some sort of leafhopper exoskeleton. Cant find anything when googling or searching the forum. Not sure what exactly to search for either lol. Also can be seen at the very top left of the above premie colas.
IMG_4475.JPG

iTarzan

That is just plant litter from nearby plants. Just pick it off so it doesn't mold. You are doing great and will have a nice harvest soon. I hope all of us have semi dry skies for the next 6 weeks. A bit of rain for plants and animals but nothing more than just enough.

laszlokovacs

Thanks for the kind words Tarzan! Looked kinda leafy definitely plant matter your right(y) Hoping for a relatively dry September/October for everyone. Today it rained 1/2 inch in 3 hours and raining tomorrow as well. Plants needed it so I cant complain to much.

iTarzan

That green stuff on the ground is very useful.

You must be somewhere where it rains in the summer.
I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at Chunky's pics. His grass or cover crop under his plants look golf course green. My pride and joy field lawn is a giant brown spot. I would be happy if my lawn looked like the ground around lazlokovacs plants.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
That green stuff on the ground is very useful.

You must be somewhere where it rains in the summer.
no rain here thru July and I watered that clover twice a day to get it going for 6 weeks... so then we started getting several inches a week here through August, more than I needed for certain and started causing fungal issues like last year with rust.

3 inches here in the last day and a half and pools forming in all of my beds yesterday, ground is soaked and can't hold any more.
bed 4 rain logged.JPG

look at the pic above and you will see the clover is dying off now for the past couple weeks as the bed gets waterlogged from below by the creek next to it.

I effed up and didn't leave a low spot for runoff to get through above. first year on that bed and it was having issues and got all my worst starts.

I've been stripping out interiors hard core as the fall is looking hella wet and cold here and coming on early, just a few more girls to do and then I wait for frost here.

bed 3 is doing great this season.
bed 3 side 8.4.22.JPG

Bed 3 8.4.22.JPG

bed 1 is kicking frost and getting loud, I'm pushing K and P and ready for another top dress.

Headband
Headband 8.5.22.JPG

'92 OGK's
92 ogk 8.5.22.JPG

OGKB 2.0, Rainbow Belts 2.0 #4, GG#4
OGKB 2.0, Rainbow Belts 2.0, GG#4 8.4.22.JPG

ECSD's 2 from Chaco, 2 from Skunktek
stripped sours 8.5.22.JPG

Runtz's, Headbands, and sours
Runtz Hb ECSD 8.4.22.JPG

Do you even stack hella frost Bro??? Runtz in the rain.
Runtz 8.4.22.JPG

laszlokovacs

I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at Chunky's pics. His grass or cover crop under his plants look golf course green. My pride and joy field lawn is a giant brown spot. I would be happy if my lawn looked like the ground around lazlokovacs plants.
Yeah chunky's clover almost looks like the algae on top of a swamp- a real sea of green! I think its been the driest season here in over a decade probably, I only watered about 6-7 gallons total per plant this whole season I think. Everything else is suffering. Could be a lot worse but it hasn't rained nearly enough this year.

Pretty much same weather as you chunky, July was dry as its ever been. Just got 2.5 inches of rain over the past 36 hours of nonstop rain and its still going. I think your right its gonna be a wet one- I really need to deleaf ASAP. All your plants are looking amazing! Do you notice any difference between the chaco and the skunktek? They look pretty similar structure wise from the pic

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm using a cordless leaf blower to help remove the rain off my defoliated plants after the heavy rains. Hoping it'll help with pm because it's wet as shit here. Keeping my fingers crossed.

40degsouth

Hey everyone l hope you’re all well and I’m hoping for a great finish for you all.
Chunkypigs, l was wondering if you might be able to post a picture or two of how the rust looks on the plants and maybe elaborate a bit on how it spreads and effects the plants.
Good luck for the next few weeks everyone,
Cheers,

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Yeah chunky's clover almost looks like the algae on top of a swamp- a real sea of green! I think its been the driest season here in over a decade probably, I only watered about 6-7 gallons total per plant this whole season I think. Everything else is suffering. Could be a lot worse but it hasn't rained nearly enough this year.

Pretty much same weather as you chunky, July was dry as its ever been. Just got 2.5 inches of rain over the past 36 hours of nonstop rain and its still going. I think your right its gonna be a wet one- I really need to deleaf ASAP. All your plants are looking amazing! Do you notice any difference between the chaco and the skunktek? They look pretty similar structure wise from the pic
so far the sours look the same.....

Hey everyone l hope you’re all well and I’m hoping for a great finish for you all.
Chunkypigs, l was wondering if you might be able to post a picture or two of how the rust looks on the plants and maybe elaborate a bit on how it spreads and effects the plants.
Good luck for the next few weeks everyone,
Cheers,

looks like this as it advances and starts to kill.
early rust 8.2.22.JPG

typically starts at the bottom of the plant or the side that never gets sunshine or everywhere if your plants are dense in the interior and not thinned or big leafed.

it spreads when it rains, rain drops hit it and it splashes and spreads...

in less than a week it can eat a plant right up, this is a screen shot from yesterday of someone on IG in my area who's plant got ravaged during the last 2 days of rain.

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.17.12 AM.png

I can't say for sure that he had the same fungal issue but this is typical for backyard or a field in many places. there is typically low levels of calcium and other macro and micro nutrients that don't allow the plant to thrive in wet conditions if they are not being fed.

you can see he hasn't removed any excess leaves and it's spreading from the top down.

it hurts my knees and hips to get down on the ground and clean out the bottoms of my plants so that is where I usually see it starting.

that was on my ECSD and I went ballistic on them thinning them out after I spotted it.

stripped sours 8.5.22.JPG

fungal issues are different in every clone I grow and I only go hard on the ones that are prone like certain OGs and the sour usually but this year I'm going hard on most everything as the rainfall is extreme again this fall and it's really cool, night temps in the 40's last week.

you can see how dense the canopy is on these 2 Headbands in the back half of the plant as I was stripping out the interiors and staking them.

I get fog most nights here and my plants are wet until 9-10 am even when it's dry weather here so I have to strip plants hard in my swamp. this is east coast mountaintop not dry ass California...

DSC_0053.JPG

here they were yesterday and they will need some more leaf removal soon.
Headbands 8.4.22.JPG

Last edited: