What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SGS RAINBOW...a.k.a PinkBud f1 & Fruit Salad x PinkBud f1

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Nahh mitch...for now its not air cooled...(still havent picked other fan yet) I too run my two 6" fans between the light and tops throughout grow.....I gotta get get that fan hooked up SOON...My pots ar 13'5" deep by the time the plants finish stretching it will be around 30" avg..., light is 7" tall, tent is 42" tall that leaves maybe 5" of wiggle room....sooooo my point is, with a fan attached to my 150 will that 5" from tops be cool??? <<pun intended...lol!

5in NOT COOL!

If you think those plants will get to tall just start bending them now! Super crop or LST them. Or you can bend them when they start to stretch, bend 1 time to make a U shape in the main stem. this will save you some space,, really dont think the PINKBUD will get too tall, but only time will tell.

without air cooled you need to keep the 150HPS around 1ft away no closer then 10 inches, 18 inches away on seedlings. Or you will burn the tops.,, you can try mount a fan blowing on the light but be carefull not to blow directly on the tops,, heat and wind damage can happen.

Hope that helps.
SGS

uptosumpn

Veteran
5in NOT COOL!

If you think those plants will get to tall just start bending them now! Super crop or LST them. Or you can bend them when they start to stretch, bend 1 time to make a U shape in the main stem. this will save you some space,, really dont think the PINKBUD will get too tall, but only time will tell.

without air cooled you need to keep the 150HPS around 1ft away no closer then 10 inches, 18 inches away on seedlings. Or you will burn the tops.,, you can try mount a fan blowing on the light but be carefull not to blow directly on the tops,, heat and wind damage can happen.

Hope that helps.
SGS
Maybe I jumped the gun to fast..???:thinking:when i said; "when they finished stretching", I was using my previous grow with a diff strain,(sourjems) for that assesment....(they reached 17"-18") after reading your post, I may have enough room after-all...(time will tell tho) I just repositioned the 150 from 24" to 18" from seedlings canopy, 12" for the potted up females...(will see if there is any temp diff in a hour) remember, no fan...

AND THAT SCROG IDEA SOUNDS WICKED TOO!! Hmmmm?...(how big should the squares be on the screen/net? being this is an AF-SOG already....)
Thanks for the input!:tiphat:

uptosumpn

Veteran
OH, jus discovered 2 more females today! (FS X PB) just transplanted em' @ day 17... so I now have 3 PB, 1 PB x BS & 4 FS x PB girlies...! need 8 more girls for a full tent!!! Pic update tomm!

uptosumpn

Veteran
Pics!!!

Pics!!!

Okay so here is the update......

As of today, ALL plants are very healthy, vigorous and GREEN no signs of nute burns, stress, lockout, ect, ect.....

I dnt know if its genetics, or because they started getting food sooner than the others or the fact that I turned on the HPS sooner but my 8 Ak x SC seedlings are growing fast/big compared to how the other seedlings started out, (Fat Indica Leafs!!) & now some are catching up to the potted up females...it's CRAZY!! Its day 14 for them...<<think im gonna have some real beauties with this cross I tell ya!!

The PB & FS x PB girls are still in a lil' stall mode since transplant, (1,2 & 3 days ago) and haved not started stretching yet, but more pre flowers are forming and more leaf development is noticeable...(guess the roots are getting use to the FFOF)

I have 3 PB & 1 FS x PB still unknown...(those are 19 days old and seem to be on the runt side of things IMO.. whatta ya guys think?) and if any of these do turn out to be females I will have to use my best judgement, (size/structure) as to if they should be potted up or tossed...With the EXCEPTION of how many females I get from the AK x SC seedlings of course!

As far as the PB x BS girl goes, she is doing her thing. She is 21 days old and is stretching!!! Her boyfriend beside her is also doing great. He is 18 days old and is also stretching as well as showing sacs...<<need to go pluck em' after this update!!

[side note..these seeds were started the same time as the rest, BUT they grew bigger/faster than the PB x FS & PB and also was the first female to show...So I'm assuming that it was the pot size I started em in that dis did this???]

Oh, if anyone remembers, I also have 2 SourJemz f2's I threw into the mix and they are doin fine as well...1 is 2wks old & the other is 11 days old....< jus seeing what I get,,,

ANYWAYS, enough rambling...plants on left are PB with the PB x BS in the front, (the biggest, of course) Plants on the right are FS x PB, plants in the middle left are the 3 PB unknowns, Sourjem & FS x PB,(runt?) and plants in the middle right are the fast growing AK x SC, with the other SourJem hiding behind em', (shorter cup)...in the back are 1 PB male & 2 FS x PB males....no color showing yet...

PICS>>>>>

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:wave:

Attachments

• Pbud X FS15.jpg
    Pbud X FS15.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Pbud X FS14.jpg
    Pbud X FS14.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Pbud X FS13.jpg
    Pbud X FS13.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Pbud X FS5.jpg
    Pbud X FS5.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 27
  • Pbud X FS8.jpg
    Pbud X FS8.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 30
  • Pbud X FS9.jpg
    Pbud X FS9.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Pbud X FS10.jpg
    Pbud X FS10.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Pbud X FS11.jpg
    Pbud X FS11.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Pbud X FS2.jpg
    Pbud X FS2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Pbud X FS4.jpg
    Pbud X FS4.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 28

uptosumpn

Veteran
thanks bro. I cant wait either!! First attempt at SOG...so i really wanna see what i can get outta these strains that were bred for SOG...kinda like a test/learning curve for me..prepping for same style of growing but on a bigger scale, with a more powerful light...

uptosumpn

Veteran
Oh, jus discovered a PB female a little while ago, (so because I wanted @ least an even count of females for both strains, I will transplant her tomm. she's actually the biggest of the 3 remaining PB unknowns...So now I need 7 more females and I have 12 seedlings left

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude you won't regret stepping up the af-sog style to a larger format.

providing the unknows left sprouted the same day as the others that sexed, very likely they'll be girlies

uptosumpn

Veteran
dude you won't regret stepping up the af-sog style to a larger format.

providing the unknows left sprouted the same day as the others that sexed, very likely they'll be girlies

I KNOW. I KNOW!!!:dance013: And dude, when I do step back up to my big tent i'm gonna make SGS proud and you impressed....You and him are my sole reason for going @ this af-sog style growing... Let me ask you this..do you remember what was your yield on you last grow with the PB & FS unda that 600????

uptosumpn

Veteran
just spotted another PB girlie!!!! (thanks for the karma mitch) BUT its the smallest one, so dnt know if imma transplant it.....doesnt mean imma toss her tho....

Also,think I spotted a SC x AK male....@ day 15