What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sexing Seeds by Eyeball

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
This guy on YouTube claims he can differentiate male from female seeds by visual inspection. I think he's full of bull. I can't wait to see the comments.

[YOUTUBEIF]1PwwKxUL0AA[/YOUTUBEIF]

stashpot

This guy on YouTube claims he can differentiate male from female seeds by visual inspection. I think he's full of bull. I can't wait to see the comments.

[YOUTUBEIF]1PwwKxUL0AA[/YOUTUBEIF]

You can! its very hard and will take practice (months-years) and it really depends how the seeds look to start with..
I popped 9 seeds my last run it took me about an hour to do it, i do it with my camera and zoom in high detail... i had 3 different strains this time around i wanted 7 females and 2 males.. guess what that's exactly what i got.
Strain A i picked 3 females 1 male
Strain B 2 females 1 male
Strain C 2 females
thats what i got exactly.

I also did it on smaller numbers too!

Of course this is not bullet proof and its not 100% all time because it will depend on seed size and your ability to differentiate the small details that make female and male.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I've heard you can tell if you pay special attention to the hinge end of the seed.

If you look really closely, 100x magnification you can see a tiny tiny little penis. (Uncircumcised)

Let's not be misogynist here...

On slightly more than 50% of the seeds you examine as described above, you'll see a tiny tiny little pussy...

:biggrin::biggrin:

Midnight Tokar

Veteran

[youtubeif]1PwwKxUL0AA[/youtubeif]
If I remember correctly, wasn't there a thread here about 10 years ago or so covering this?
The best I can remember the people who tried it came back later and said it was all bull shit!

LizardMan

Is it? A member on here mentioned being able to tell sex by stem rub up to like 80% efficiency... So is the subtle cues or just a permission some have not a thing... I watched a old man several years ago place roughly 100 seeds on a table grab a magnify glass check the bottoms or tops of each seed, he then picked ten and said those are my females for the year and he had 10/10 female.... And no they were not feminized the old man wouldn't have a clue as to doing that or even want to.

Gry

Veteran
No idea if it is a myth or not, but have been told that sexing chicks is one of those things which seems impossible, but it gets done on a regular basis.

stashpot

all fem seeds have perfect shaped volcano crowns... regs do not.. thats facts.... every seed that had a perfect volcano crown was female for me some people are 30 seeds deep without a male doing this.. again all fem seed have perfect crowns

midwestkid

Veteran
I think there is a thread about this. Seems it was mentioned that you look at the crater end of the seed. But I can't remember what exactly you're looking for.
It seems like something we could verify 100% quite easily though? If you had regulars and fems of the same line and a nice microscope and some patience?
Just gotta zoom in super close and look for them little bity penises and vaginas

stashpot

I think there is a thread about this. Seems it was mentioned that you look at the crater end of the seed. But I can't remember what exactly you're looking for.
It seems like something we could verify 100% quite easily though? If you had regulars and fems of the same line and a nice microscope and some patience?
Just gotta zoom in super close and look for them little bity penises and vaginas

you're looking for perfect centered circle that appears like a volcano with a slight dip inward

if they are off center, not perfectly round or protrude out i class those as male. i had sucess but when the seeds are tiny tiny :) its hard because they are nearly impossible to see clear :):tumbleweed:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO........I have to ask though , how do you spot a herm ?
Is there a pronounced Adam's apple ...

moses wellfleet

Veteran
No you guys got this all wrong. It was in HT decades ago, thought everyone knew this.

You need to turn off all appliances in your house. Then you need to go to the most silent room in your house, hang a lot of curtains everywhere to absorb background noise, y'know like a recording studio.

Then you carefully put each seed to your ear. Very close but be careful not to drop it in your ear. If you hear nothing that's a guaranteed male. 'First you gotta buy me dinner?' Now that's what you want to hear!!

Im'One

I tried it with my tashkenti seeds, popped five two died, other three were females on my first go round.
Not conclusive...I actually rolled the seeds to see which one were male