What's new

SE's vertical basement

Got some beans in the mail today. Went ahead and put the following in paper towels:

6x Karma's OG (Karma Genetics)
5x StrawBanana Cream (Karma Genetics LTD)
6x Violeta (Ace seeds)

Attempting to take clones again. Trying soil with cloning gel and a dome + heat mat. Very little success with these lately.

18x Blue Amnesia x Dream Lotus (ByroteUgly from TSD did these, this is my keeper.)
6x Old Grandpa Scratch #1 (Karma Genetics)
6x Old Grandpa Scratch #4 (Karma Genetics)
6x White Biker #3 (Karma Genetics)
6x D-Kush #4(Karma Genetics)
6x Polar Bear #1 (Karma Genetics)
6x Sour Power x Biker Kush (Karma / Horti collab)

Moved some c99 x dream lotus into flower and fired up another bulb.

SQmd35.jpg

qPb5CA.jpg

FW7z3n.jpg

wpLONo.jpg

xSWYxE.jpg

Gonna bet setting up some stacked 600's in the corner of the flower room pretty soon.... got some genetics that are a little different than the type I usually run. They'll get germinated as soon as they arrive. Needing some more "active" type summer herb.

Ace seeds - Zamaldelica

These are regarding Zamal and zamal crosses:

Dubi - "I remember walking with a friend in the city, totally disoriented. We were walking in streets we know since we are children but we almost coudnt recognize them. It looked like a different place or city for us. We neither knew what we were doing or going, walking without direction around the old streets of my city."

British Hempire – "wow, what a smoke, very very potent, all in the head, a clear, electric, euphoric racing high, I'm a very experienced, hardcore smoker, I smoke all day every day yet this stuff had me higher that I think I've ever been before and positively messed up my friends who tried some. I took a walk to my friends house, a place I have been many many times and couldn't find it, walked up and down the street looking for the house, then had to ring him on my mobile phone as I got really confused, just awesome stuff. I have been in a satate ot total euphoria on this stuff, makes you talk a lot about mad ideas, sing silly little songs to yourself and wander about looking very baked but grinning insanely, just as close to herbal acid as I've ever experienced, straight to the number one slot on my list of best smokes."

Terpene - "...all I can say is HOLY S***. If you are looking for the terror ridden, thai clarity..." "First two hours were INTENSE, scary to the point anyone who wasn't a seasoned smoker would not want to be high anymore..." "...you see at 2 frames per second and there are a lot of "whoa, how long have I been here...... wait, did that just happen?" moments."

Xinox - "...first time i try it, i just look at the street through the window and i literally bug on it..." "you have some kind of slight stroboscopic effect. Then you feel some waves in your body, like you are carry in a wave. We also try this weed at 5 on my vaporizer and the conclusion of the assembly was clear that this weed is heavy shit..." "The high is strong but also very clear, it's indeed very psychedelic and long lasting. This pheno is almost hallucinatory, with some very visuel kind of effects. I'm quiet sure that this weed could easily paralyze a beiginner."

Dubi - "Zamal has a unique kind of high, it's crazy, psychedelic and out of control, especially i have found extremely powerful and crazy plants crossing zamal with other sats and sat/ind hybrids. It has huge breeding potential to get incredible sativa experiences in the hybrids..." "...with a terrorific electric high. It can produce serious paranoia and anxiety when correctly grown..." "...some phenos produced some of the most powerful sativa high i've ever smoked. A mix between anphetamine and LSD." "It was an overpowering accelerated, psychedelic, disorienting crazy high." "Zamal lemon produced one of the closest experience to LSD i've had smoking cannabis."

VanVulpen – "...added a totally new dimension to the musical experience, and gave me the true meaning of "rollercoaster weed""

DeadM -"...another one was terrorific..many friend after one can't smoke anymore of it ..they were unable to speak and move..."

Chamba – "...it was very intelligent and trippy in a way that I often felt like (if I smoked enough of it) of watching myself from above which gave a new perspective of things..at the same time it took ages to put my shoes on!"

BongHitter99 - "…walking back to my room and WHAM! I’m fucking high now!....electric fiery energy courses through my body…heat felt in chest and face…my hearts pounding hard now, I know im in for a ride....feeling extreme euphoria, almost like I want to love the whole world…this is some serious love weed for sure!...very UPBEAT! And motivating …..clear, no couchlock or heavy body load, ….this shit is great for club hopping, partying, socializing….this high just takes your breath away in awe..."

Unknown Guest - "No doubt the very best weed I smoked in my life was Zamal. It only happened to me a couple of times to find some stash that reminded of zamal's quality in holland. The best weed is the one that was not touched nor fertilized by man during its whole life. When they hear about our HPSs and fertilizers stuff, they laugh a lot."

Laugan Gaucher - I love Haze! I don't like most of powered zamal/haze hybrids. psychotic and hallucinogenic. Like Lsd or psilocybine you can have good time and bad time at the same time."

Mosca Negra - "Gerrit's Zamal is some SUPER FINE SMOKE!!!"

Needless to say, I'm super stoked.

Hopefully final plant count for the seeds I germinated.

Karma OG - 4/6. Not really sure what happened, but 2 of them shriveled up and died after they broke through the soil. Certainly wasn't damping off. 100% germinated and made it above soil, though.

StrawBanana Cream - 4/5. One just never made it above soil. 100% cracked in paper towels.

Violeta - 5/6. All cracked, one never came up.

Got a few things I'm attempting here. One is a tea brewer. I'm not sure this is going to work. Only cost me $3 for a length of PVC, though. The pumps are 264 gph ones I was using in my cloners. Obviously I'm counting on a waterfall to create enough DO for this to work. I have no idea, though. I can only find information on how much air is needed...

Finally got some plastic hung up in veg. Didn't have enough to do it all, but it does seem much brighter in there. Temps are steady around 77. About 80 under the MH. RH is around 50%, but I'm going to start misting the plants in veg... something I haven't done in a while.

About to change up my flower room too. Not much different, just gonna squeeze the 3 lights a bit closer together to clear some space at the end of the room. Gonna run those Zamaldelica's. My shorter plants will get stacked 2-tier around the middle bulb. I'll be using my racks for that.

Mixed another batch of soil. Gonna keep using this base mix because it's freakin' easy and requires no thinking. Same mix Phillthy uses. 1/2 bale promix, 1 bag FFOF, 15 lbs EWC, 5 gal perlite. In this batch (and the last one) I'm using cootz/lumperdawgz mix for nutrients. I'll be using the nutrient mix suggested by dank.frank in this thread over on stank bros forum.

Might even throw up a ebb n flow table and my big-ass hood w/ a 1kw over it. Wanting to experiment a little. If I shorten up my stadium as planned, this gives me plenty of space for actual testing. side- by-sides, etc.

Only been blazing 1-2g a day. Feels amazing, honestly. I think my brain really needed a break from the non-stop heavy smoking. Getting a lot more done. Started working out again too. Think we're getting the final snowfall of the year right now (*knock wood*) and we're due for some warm weather at the end of the week. Soon as this snow melts I'm gonna be scouting out for some good outdoor locations. Really pumped about this. Gonna be a lot of work, but I haven't had an outdoor season in over a decade.

ViiR2o.jpg
lK6FAf.jpg
ZgV2WR.jpg
sBMbgs.jpg

Gonna be framing in my stadium area rather than using the whole room over the next few days. Kinda difficult to do because my lights don't come on until 9 PM, by then I'm usually exhausted.

But I built a jig to rip my 2x6's down the middle for 2x3's, with my circular saw, worked pretty well - almost as good as a table saw once I got the hang of it! Still need to disassemble my racks for some longer lumber but once I get it all cut to size it should go pretty quick.

Also purchased some stuff for a drip system. Finally. Kinda winging it here, not really sure if I need 1-2 gph drippers or anything. Got 1/2" manifold tube, some 1/4" barbed connectors and some 1/4" tube. Got T's and 90* angles to make the manifold with 1/2" as well. Trying to make my life a little easier.

Well let's see.... been working on framing the new stadium area up. Smelled a weird like... sulfur-y, burnt fireworks type smell coming from one of my lights - the one that's turned off in the whole-room photo. Gonna open it up and check out the wiring tonight, but I was planning on shutting it off anyway. It's so hard working around all the plants and lights. Not really sure what would cause that odor coming from the box that houses the mogul socket.

kladu9q.jpg

c99 x dream lotus:
0Kb9XX1.jpg

Super Lemon Haze x Blue Sat. 2.2:
XN3mgus.jpg

Blue Amnesia x Dream Lotus:
qBCyTfK.jpg

QUdpr1D.jpg

Got the bones up. Need a couple more studs for the short wall, but pretty much its ready for plastic. Gotta rig up something to hold the lights too, got plenty of wood scraps for that.

pBsBFuh.jpg

JointOperation

looking good man.. can I ask.. do you mix your soil in that TOTE? I was doing that a few months back. then I said fuck it.. bought a huge tarp.. put it all out on the tarp.. and just used a fucking snow shovel.. I was mixing.. like 20 gallons of soil in the totes. and then I could do.. 2 bails of promix.. and amendments.. or ocean forest..

we were using 2 bails promix. to 10 bags ocean forest.. and feeding lightly.. and worked great...

I do mix my soil in the tote for the meantime. I used to use a kiddie pool and a shovel... was a lot easier on my back.

But I only mix 1/2 bale promix at a time. I could fit a full bale plus amendments in a kiddie pool. Which is something I need to go back to. It's a big part of the reason I'm kinda going over my whole set-up and re-organizing everything and just making it more efficient to run.

For instance, before I framed this room I had about 15x10 to work with. Now with a 6x10 framed up, I have about 9x9 - 10x10 of extra space to work with. Hydro tables, stacked 600 donuts, reservoirs, dirt mixing stations, whatever...... and, i'm not really using any less light... merely using available light, better. Sure, I'll be using 3k instead of 4k. But that last 1k I wanna fit with a MH bulb and my Magnum XL knockoff and throw in veg. REALLY don't have enough light in there to maintain my plant count.

Still haven't set up any drip system. I've got just about everything I need (just need some more barbed fittings for 1/4" tube), just gotta combine it with some knowledge and put it together.

Do I actually need like 1-2, or even 5 gph drip emitters? Or do barbed fittings and open tubes work? Because if I need emitters, I can go to the store and grab those today and have my drip system running tonight. Waiting on more barbed fittings to be in stock.

Back up to 3kw, got everything in my stadium as it should be. Just gotta put up the plastic, but I wanna get the exhaust hooked up first. Think I'm gonna run 2x 6" filters between the lights. Should be enough for 2x per min air exchange.

6TPUrlL.jpg

Some c99 x dream lotus girls:

mPDOtoI.jpg

IsY19mv.jpg

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Why are you ditching it? Looks amazing from over here.

Beautiful pictures SE, Keep up the good work!

I wouldn't mess with emitters personally. Nothing wrong with open 1/4" lines.. or if you want a bit of splatter try jamming the "basket drip stake" onto the end of the open line and stabbing it into your media. 1 is normally sufficient with a wicking medium, but 2 per site certainly doesn't hurt.

Thanks a lot for that tip. Gonna be hitting up the store today actually for more supplies for that watering system. Is it really this freakin' basic?! Why did I not do this years ago!

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that plant, I just have another pheno I like more :D She's the only other pheno that I ran more than once... this is her third and final. Very fruity odor, smooth smoke and a pleasant, mellow high....just not as potent as my keeper. The ladies absolutely love it. I'll be flowering my keeper pheno here in the next week or so.

Actually let her go a little too long this time though, she started throwing some male flowers at the very end. Never had that happen before.

LSWM

I run multi-feed drip to waste in coco with open ended lines. I use barbed fitting for just about everything and like to add a T to the end of the open lines so I get two open ends spitting water out. In my experience basket stakes didn't do anything to aid dispersion, but I use small pumps. 396 GPH for 4-6 plant sites.

It doesn't look like you deal with runoff currently? With automated drip cycles you will end up with runoff, no matter how hard you try not to. Different plants will have different watering needs and you will be overwatering one and underwatering another unless you get super anal about keeping valves tuned for each plant, blah blah blah. That's what makes runoff nice. Every plant is fully saturated after a water cycle that provides runoff.

I haven't read most of the thread, just popping my head in and giving my 2 cents on drip systems, so forgive my ignorance. You're in promix? Or organic soil? Water only or do you feed nutrients?

I run an organic blend of promix, FFOF, perlite and/or rice hulls. Amendments vary from batch to batch, still looking for something I like. I do supplement feed from time to time with G.O. bottled nutes or a brewed tea but mostly just water-only.

Currently, I deal with run-off by not dealing with it at all. I have a sloped basement with a drain at one end, so I just let it run to the drain... my grow room is at the highest point of the basement.... unfortunately, I didn't think to use some shims or whatever to elevate the wall off the ground a fraction of an inch to let water under so I'll end up having to deal with run-off. Probably just a shop vac and some saucers, honestly.

LSWM

I'm not sure how well teas or the G.O. line will work in drip lines. I would definitely stay away from the emitters, and you may want to check with some others and see what they say about the open ended lines. I'd imagine the open ended lines would work fine and be the way to go, but I have never ran organics so I don't want to say for sure.

Jamorg13

If you do decide to go with PVC for a manifold, but wish to avoid the broken barbs FlowerFarmer was talking about, I suggest tophat grommets. I have yet to have one rip out, and they are internal and rubber so they will not snap off.

Your room looks great. Nice and simple. Aesthetically pleasing.