What's new

Sensi Star from Paradise Seeds

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Wow, this thread reads like a parade of old friends. Is 2006 really that far away?

If you looking for something really good dont expect to find it in a pack. get 3 packs look through them all. I found a stellar SS a few years ago. There was talk of a Ogre Pheno coming from SS. We all thought we had found one.

I went looking for the Ogre as well, I even made a thread about it (in my sig). A friend in the forum finally sent me the Ogre, it was a higher yielding, resin-pumping version of what I believe is and call the Big Sur Holy Weed pheno that I already had.

The BSHW pheno has a story of her own. In my growroom she was a total runt as a seedling, and in those days when I was 7 years younger and more naive than I am today, I binned her. A day later I glimpsed into the trash can and there she was still alive, reaching for the light. It tickled my motherly instincts so I took her out and saved her. She was a runt all through the grow and yielded but a fraction of what her fatty more Indica leaning sisters produced, but she had that electrical/energetic funk in her high that her sisters didn't, so in the end she was the only pheno I kept.

I lost the Ogre in the Great NFT Pump Failure (there was nothing about it on CNN but it was a landmark cathastrophy in my life. A toast to absent keepers!) but my BSHW pheno survived! What a plant, eh?

I dusted that BSHW pheno with an Island Sweet Skunk (Sweet Pink Grapefruit X Big Skunk #1) male, and this year I germed a handfull of those seeds. I got two females, one big and racy that I call the ISS Skunk pheno, and a smaller one, where I feel the BSHW pheno comes through together with the Sweet Pink Grapefruit.

The small one was a total runt as a seedling (does it sound familiar?), she refused to feed, refused to grow. Flower time, she was so small and frail that there wasn't enough branching to take a single clone. I kept her in a dark corner of the flower room, telling myself that if she got overgrown by the others then so be it. She stayed runty up until week 6 in flower, the somehow transformed from ugly duckling into this:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Day 46 in flower! The most resin coated plant in this grow. Look how the other plants' fan leaves are fading due to reduced N, while she looks like I'm throwing buckets of N on her. What a tough cookie!

Last edited:

juhlm

sensi power

sensi power

Hi guys. Ive grown only one sensi star seed from paradise. Ocean forest dirt i think i used. That plant was about 4 feet tall and stankey with about 10 lil (10" x 2-3" dia.) Colas... i did however clone it up for all my buddies and my own deep water culture system. Hydro kicks the hell oughtta dirt for me so heres my deal. They are the most beautiful purple nugs ive ever personally grown. Taste of musky lemon is accurate. And idunno about the one hit quit but most people cant handle much for sure. These buds swell like none other and given a temp drop (20 drop) towards week 7 or so they turn all purple and sugar coated. Dunno if im skrewin up with the temp but its not deliberate just happened. Either way it turns out fn amazing this way! I use botanicare base, monsterbloom from grotek, gh floralicious, bot. Hydroplex, bot. Sweet, gh diamond nectar, water and a rediculous airpump setup. Oh ya i have a 633 gph pump recircin my buckets to keep an even mix a things. Two aircooled hps 1000s hang above with one ac unit helpin out...

Jenn

Does anyone know if Paradise Seeds lost the Sensi Star parents? I've noticed they haven't had regular seeds in stock for years, just fem's.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
An old friend gave me 1 seed of Sensi Star. I havent popped it yet but I guess its from about 4 years ago?
Im thinking I should give it a go after seeing the great reports about her. 10 years of great reports say alot!

T

The_Core

I did a seed run to the dam last year, went to a seed shop they were out. I should have looked around but i left without it. I regret it.

HOVAH2.0

Theres a dispensary owner in Colordo on Colorado Blvd who has a Sensi Star cut that he sourced from JorgeCervante in 96... 150 a pop

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Can't believe this thread is still active! Long live the star!

can't believe to see you post :D

great to read you sunnyside! hope life is treating you good!

don't know if i have ever thanked you for telling us about spinosad... thanks so much, you have no idea how many people you helped out with this ;)

good vibes

L

lemongrove

Well ODW if it turns out to be some of the best smoke you've ever had it is well worth it. Hell grow it out, keep a mother, take a bunch of cuts from it, grow a whole crop of it, make crosses with it etc. etc. After going through about 100 or more strains looking for killer strains and finding very very little I'd consider worthy of keeping or for breeding, hell $150 for a great one is dirt cheap!
Especially if you are a cash cropper. If you got a killer it's worth it's weight in gold, the word will get around and it will be in high demand.

RoadRash

$150 for a cut? Damn. Its that good? Ive never seen it before so Im clueless to this strain. That seems excessive, no.

One of the stories I heard when visiting Marc Emery's shop in BC, was about the day Romulan Joe visited with a pan of about 20 clones of the Romulan.

Selling for $250 each.

Sold out in 15 minutes.

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This report is from way back in 2005 and so it's going on for being close to a decade old.

It's a great reference but is it still relevant? It'd be great to see a report on what's available currently to let us know where the genetics are at nowadays.

billy