picture.php

Mr Nice drying
picture.php

Dry
picture.php

B

Bob Green

Those crosses look awesome bro!

Just reminded me of a bag of Blue Dream x Mr Nice I got a few months ago.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
That sounds very interesting. Keep us posted, I'm sure I am not the only one that wants to see some more mr nice hybrids.

B

Bob Green

Well the BD x MrN was good but not my thing. But my friends love the stuff.

It came out pretty much as expected. I could definitely smell/taste the BD in her. Bag appeal was just ok but the high was awesome.

I smoked a bit with an old dude I had just met. Dude had me call the ambulance said he was having a stroke. But only an anxiety attack thank god. It wasn't overwhelmingly potent herb or anything so much as the old timer only smokes mex brick. No more good stuff for him haha.

But all in all I that darn 1/8th hit the spot!

LostTribe

Premium user
Well the BD x MrN was good but not my thing. But my friends love the stuff.

It came out pretty much as expected. I could definitely smell/taste the BD in her. Bag appeal was just ok but the high was awesome.

I smoked a bit with an old dude I had just met. Dude had me call the ambulance said he was having a stroke. But only an anxiety attack thank god. It wasn't overwhelmingly potent herb or anything so much as the old timer only smokes mex brick. No more good stuff for him haha.

But all in all I that darn 1/8th hit the spot!

I would have ran and left his ass there for being a light weight! Lucky you didn't get into trouble thats why I don't smoke dro wit nobody I don't know!

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Nice cut shiska, it looks a lot like the picture of hashplant sensi uses.

I totally agree. That hp/nl1 male was supposed to be the most wld (indica). I just read a post describing all of the northern lights crosses 1-11?

I think the black domina clone only may be from the same dad also.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
idiit

idiit has
Any of you guys know the true history of northern lights ,?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NL Seattle Greg

Aloha,

The base plants for the entire Seattle Northern Lights strains 1 to 10 was a batch of seed sent from Afghanistan that ended up in Herbie's employers hands who just happened to be an old friend from High School so I was able to get four seeds. Then I started doing seed crops of the pure Indica and crossing it with other strains from Nepal, Mexico, and Columbia.

I had clones and seed and NL#5 was Hawaiian x Steve Murphy's Afghani Strain that is what I sent to Nevil. Steve Murphy owned The Indoor Sun Shoppe in Seattle. NL #5 was a F1 hybrid in 1982.

Northern lights # 1 was Nevils Afghani crossed with the Seattle Afghan strain form Steve Murphy.

I have been breeding since 1970 and he got NL from me. I sent seed to Ben and Kees at Sensi too for giving me the nutrient formula for Grodan and Seattle water.

The 11 strains were graded by height and flavor for indoor growing. The #1 was a short phenotype pure Indica from Afghanistan as was #2,3, & 4. #5 to #11 were the Hybrids with the narrow leaved strains we worked with.

The 11 packets of seed Nevil received were graded the #1 ,2, 3, were 100% indica, #5 the clone I traded Herbie Nelson for was 50% Afghani & 50% Hawaiian sativa. The others #6-#11 were crosses with Columbian, Thai, and Mexican Sativas. Nevil then sold out to Ben, became partners with Arjan, and then hooked up with the Mr. Nice Crew.

Then there is this that says that they were clones and not seed packs.

http://www.seedsman.com/en/origins-of-northern-lights/

So where did the nl1 male come from?

Why is it mostly hazey type plants found in a g13x hp/nl1?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Thanks guys.
Just pollinated her with some (skunk va x wookie) pollen.

If I can get the bud structure of the mr nice with some interesting flavors, I will be happy.

Just making like 50-100 or so to look for something new.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
More northern lights story

09-20-2010
Nevil

When I first got the NL varieties, there were 8 types, 1-8.

They came with descriptions, which I published in my catalogue. These descriptions may not correlate with what later developed. The original intention was to purchase seeds from the US NL growers. It didn't work out and supply dried up. I kept the lines separate and inbred them. NL1 and NL2 stabilised into distinct types and NL5 only produced one unique individual.
NL1 was a full blood Afghan indica. One thick main stem, dark green leaves, modest yield with nuggety buds, a little coarse with good resin production, which when ripe went golden. The high was narcotic. The seeds ranged from tiny to massive. I used to love the big ones. Large fat heavily and darkly mottled seeds. Selecting for these seeds made this Afghan even coarser. It was fun to show people these seeds.
The best line of NL1 actually came from the smaller seeded types, better high and bud structure.
There weren't many pure indica lines around in those days. Big Bud, Hash Plant and G13 were pure indicas in my estimation, but were cuttings. NL1 was the only good pure Afghani male line I had.( there was Sams Afghani#1, but that was toxic in a bad way) The NL2 was a Kush.
I put the NL1 out there as a pure strain. I wasn't popular. People would tell me, "give me the pure strains", but if it cost them 10% of their yield they would complain, well try 50%.
The pure indica hybrids were more popular. NL1 x HP and NL1 x G13 were the best. At least people could use the word pure (very popular). But they were good!

I expect that a lot of people holding what they believe to be pure indicas today, would find, if the truth be known, that the sire line traces back to NL1.

Hash plant X NL1 was one of the strongest indica's I have smoked. That crossed real well with G13.

Nevil

Latest posts

Latest posts