What's new

SeñorSloth's Perpetual Wardrobe of Dankness

señorsloth

Veteran
hey hey...congratz on a great looking harvest!!!!!!!

Of course you know the next thing I say is that you just have to tell us the weight when the drying is done...........

........excellent!

thanks! ya i'll give it a shot, lol although ive already started cutting off the fluff buds for BHO, but i think it will be a bit better than last round, buds look bigger for sure, but there is more lower fluff...

Man, those bud rocks !!!
thank you sir, always an honor to have you stop in...

today is day 3 of drying and they are going into paper bags, they are drying a little on the fast side so that should slow them down a bit, my sugar leaf is almost dry, and just waiting for my case of butane to come in the mail..ive smoked nothing but butane oil since i started smoking again, aside from the first day...i'm totally loving the switch, i get higher, and my lungs feel better...plus half a gram lasts me a week so im really gonna be able to stretch this stuff better than weed.

señorsloth

Veteran
damn señor...u killed it

...and the dry thingy is not too shaby either

ya the dry thingy is most impressive when it's in use, it plugs into my grow cab, so that the intake of my cab gently pulls air through the dry thingy, meaning the dry thingy is 100% smell free because the cab filters all the air out via my can33. it's so dry here though that i've had to put them into paper bags already, after only 2 days drying, right now they are at what would normally be the 3 day point, but a whole day early so i am using the bags to slow down the dry a bit, but not too much...sugar leaf is already bone dry...

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
ya the dry thingy is most impressive when it's in use, it plugs into my grow cab, so that the intake of my cab gently pulls air through the dry thingy, meaning the dry thingy is 100% smell free because the cab filters all the air out via my can33. it's so dry here though that i've had to put them into paper bags already, after only 2 days drying, right now they are at what would normally be the 3 day point, but a whole day early so i am using the bags to slow down the dry a bit, but not too much...sugar leaf is already bone dry...

kick ass...impressive concepts brought to life :woohoo:

señorsloth

Veteran
well my new seeds arrived, a few other grower freinds of mine recieved strains of their own as well, we are all going to swap clones so i'll be getting all kinds of stuff soon, most notably tangerine dream and kosher kush, but several others as well...

for now ive had these germing in paper towels, in a ziplock...i do it at room temp, because ive found that while warmer temps can sprout faster, it's way too easy to overheat seeds, so after frying hundreds of dollars of genetics i just keep my baggie of germing seeds away from warm places like my computer...
picture.php

señorsloth

Veteran
well i never remember to take dry shots, and as it turns out i am TERRIBLE at taking them...i threw away 4 whole batches of pics before i got any that were even a little in focus...they really do look so much better in person...anyways it's all gone now so i'm not gonna try and take better...sorry fellas.

also i accidentally fried some of my poor baby seeds with a stupid noob move, they were progressing nicely in a paper towel, so i transferred them to pots of recycled soil, and put them in the veg room, unfortunately i put them on the seedling mat, thinking it was unplugged, it wasn't, came back the next day to find the soil was waaaaay too hot, so far only 5 seem to have survived, i'll have to f2 the shit out of them, and i'll probably order deep chunk to cross with it, that or more mli, since i now have a crap chance at getting a keeper mom...I'm really mad at myself for doing that, i always go out of my way to keep them cool until they have a full set of real leaves...too late to fix it, oh well...

well i pulled most of the fan leaves from the left side yesterday, I've completely lost count of where i am but I'll figure it out soon enough...it's this BHO and my new hmk curve, im having a really hard time finding the motivation to do all the junk i normally do, it's the new pipe, and new thc format, smoking oil is totally different from pot, the paraphernalia is totally different, the reclaim, and all that junk...it's new and exciting and i find myself smoking way too often again...just coming off a tolerance break i should know better eh?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

southflorida

Veteran
damn señorsloth...killer looking nugs

and with the seeds, as you know we as humans are always making mistakes and always learning...that's what evolution is all about right?

good luck to you and I'll be watching you continuing to kick ass in here

:tiphat:

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Man, I just heard a song on my mind when I saw those buds, but I remember only the chorus :

Strumming my pain with his fingers,
(one time, one time)
singing my life with his buds,
(two time, two time)
killing me softly with his bud,
killing me softly with his bud,
telling my whole life with his buds,
killing me softly with his bud

:rtfo::bis::canabis:

Nice grow man.

Finally I read through a journal the right way :D

I've been thinking about switching to MH for a while now I think you've just made the choice for me

señorsloth

Veteran
well things are going slow, i'm a little worried about the yeild of this next round but it's kinda out of cycle by a week so its hard for me to tell, that and i defoliated this round to see if the gains i got last round were from leaving the leaves on, so if i get a lot less yeild it's either the defoliation that caused it or these metal halides are better for the second half of budding than the first half, only time will tell on that one for me...

i'll probably get pics tonight when the light turns on, ive been super busy lately so i haven't been able to update lately...

well here are a few pics of the cause of most of my delays and subsequent "busyness"...my hmk curve...i made the wire leg thingy to keep the pipe standing up, and i took the titanium plate out and sanded/polished it till it was shiny as a mirror, then as i was annealing it or whatever to get that rainbow pattern it fell on my carpet and was completely coated in hard melted plastic by the time i was able to grab it...i re-polished it but it took my hours to get a mirror sheen on that plate, i didn't have the patients to do it again, so it looks smooth but not shiny now...i may take it out some day and polish it better, because it does look soooo badass that way...mostly i just didn't like the sandblasted sorta finish that the titanium comes with and the sharp edges...i barely took any off...but i really prefer the look...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

southflorida

Veteran
wow...that's a neat looking bug...lol

btw...did you see the defoliation thread finally got closed? and not stickied anymore? it was getting out of control with all that arguing

anyway, good luck with putting that device above to some good use ;)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
well things are going slow, i'm a little worried about the yeild of this next round but it's kinda out of cycle by a week so its hard for me to tell, that and i defoliated this round to see if the gains i got last round were from leaving the leaves on, so if i get a lot less yeild it's either the defoliation that caused it or these metal halides are better for the second half of budding than the first half, only time will tell on that one for me...

i'll probably get pics tonight when the light turns on, ive been super busy lately so i haven't been able to update lately...

well here are a few pics of the cause of most of my delays and subsequent "busyness"...my hmk curve...i made the wire leg thingy to keep the pipe standing up, and i took the titanium plate out and sanded/polished it till it was shiny as a mirror, then as i was annealing it or whatever to get that rainbow pattern it fell on my carpet and was completely coated in hard melted plastic by the time i was able to grab it...i re-polished it but it took my hours to get a mirror sheen on that plate, i didn't have the patients to do it again, so it looks smooth but not shiny now...i may take it out some day and polish it better, because it does look soooo badass that way...mostly i just didn't like the sandblasted sorta finish that the titanium comes with and the sharp edges...i barely took any off...but i really prefer the look...
View Image
View Image
View Image

Like southflorida said - it looks like a bug - a sort of martain praying mantis. Reaaly good thread, read it all. Im glad someone finally answered your camera questions.
I had a sony cyber shot about 10 yrs ago, it had a macro setting- did you ever find yours?
The cam I have now is a $40 junk digi. I cannot get a good pic out of it unless its stabilized some how ie. tripod. The macro is barely anything like macro should be and has a very tight distant parameter. I get by this by taking a shot thats on the too close side of things, slide back an inch - take another, slide back another inch - click.
I usually find 1 of the 3 is decent enough for posting.
How do the buds smoke, what was your yield?

Looking forward to your test the MH probably is the reason for your bonus this from the MH vs HPS thread he got a 20% bonus with the MH

strains that excelled for me under Mh were
CGS-secret recipe,
DG-dieselrella
BOG_sour Bogglegum
GGG Candy drop+Leia OG
REZ-killer queen kush

this was by accident I found it out,
I started using MH along with HPS to see if I could coax out more resin in bloom and and noticed how well they did under MH.
SR did good under HPS, but under Mh it was bomb ass difference....
20% more yield, bigger tighter buds
even the popcorn down the stem did this

you'll have to do your hit and miss on the strains that prefer Mh in bloom,
but it seems anything with Diesel and kushes to do it up big time.
secret recipe has (diesel #1 x abusive kush) X chem BX1
dieselrella also...
and look at vapeg13s pics in the beginning of this thread.
double diesel and bubbaK seems to perform extremely well with MH

really no easy wayto find out other than to just start trying strains with MH
or do like you plan, run both hps and Mh, never heard of anyone having a bad exp. with both.
good luck rolldaddy and keep us posted on what shakes out

señorsloth

Veteran
well guys, just got done watering, and while there isn't anything super spectacular to look at yet, i have noticed many differences that are helping me to figure out what is working and what isn't...

for instance, my yeild this round seems to be on scale with the last round, i may be wrong about this with still 3 weeks to go but they are just as big as last round but denser...there is NO popcorn bud on this round because i defoliated at week 3 after the stretch...also the buds haven't gotten smaller really from defoliating so i would say that the yeild increase from last round was mostly due to better roots on my clones, because if it were the light i would see even bigger increases this round...i would say metal halide certainly isn't costing me any yeild, and could even be helping it, but not in the order of 20% i would think... although the amount of thc has gone up considerably, as well as denser buds from the top to the bottom...all of that is definitely the bulb, because this is actually a slightly fluffy pheno under hps, but at week 5 the buds have no squeeze what so ever, they are just dense as heck...

so all not defoliating did was make my buds a little fluffier, didn't get much extra yeild from not doing it, so i am going back to defoliating, whether they closed the thread or not...it works when done right, and whoever banned it probably never even gave it a try...ug i miss overgrow...i don't get extra yeilds from doing it it just eliminates popcorn buds...

also i am thinking i may stop blaming last rounds early ripening on not defoliating, it's certainly possible that it is, but this round actually looks very far along for 5 weeks so i'm wondering if it wasn't the bulb afterall that caused the early ripening...

basically metal halide rules and thats that...

i might actually get some new pics up soon, tried too today but the camera is out of batteries again, so i am gonna have to wait on that...i'm super broke thanks to this oil...

is it just me or is oil a lot more addictive than buds?! i mean think about it, they say candy is actually addictive because the sugar is so much more concentrated than in nature, it freaks out your brain like a drug...maybe because oil is so much more concentrated it makes you more addicted...i know one thing, i run out of oil and i kinda freak out in a way that i don't ever do when i run out of pot...it seems more desperate...got me a little worried...

Last edited: