What's new

SeñorSloth's Perpetual Wardrobe of Dankness

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
looking good senor
There is probably quite a few strains that show there frost early , anyways i figured i do a test on my own planted 72 clones in a tote under 1k 1 day veg more or less get used to the power and flip 12/12 :) C02

He he, so this is what you were hiding on your sleeve ! :good:

RulaTone

Veteran
great read
not to talk about your grow, really impressive
all the best for your Maple leaf selection

one thing i didnt get: what's in your soil mix? What nutes you use?

since you like different approach
with such a fast flowering clone i'll try flowering with a lil bit more of 12 hours ON, maybe it can improve yelds...

señorsloth

Veteran
looking good senor
There is probably quite a few strains that show there frost early
well none that i've grown, i had an aliendog pheno from chemdog ibl that got frostier, but it didn't hit this point of frost till 8-9 weeks and wasn't ready till day 80. this girl is frostier than just about everything i've grown, whether it was at 45 days like her or totally ripe, not only that being at 5 to 10 percent amber at this stage is really unique...

thanks for the tips hempfield, so you are a scientist, engineer, and a photographer, i see! lol i'll give your tips a try in a few days when i take more pics...

one thing i didnt get: what's in your soil mix? What nutes you use?
i'm using recycled fox farm happy frog soil, i just use it over and over and over, and im following the lucas formula, as i always have, but i got rid of maxibloom and now im using flora micro and flora bloom...they get a full dose every 3-4 days for the first 4 weeks of budding, then i add a pinch of koolbloom to that for 2 more weeks, then from week 6 to 8 they get plain water.

since you like different approach
with such a fast flowering clone i'll try flowering with a lil bit more of 12 hours ON, maybe it can improve yelds...
have you tried this? does it work? it's certainly an interesting idea...go 13-11 and don't defoliate to see if i can extend my time back to 8 weeks and gain yield? im gonna have to look into that...i am only a little skeptical because i used to grow 12-1 schedule, so i would start flowering at 11 hours and drop 15 minutes a week till harvest at 9 hours light 15 hours dark...and surprisingly you don't lose a ton of yield, just makes me wonder if extending the daylight will have a similar effect...meaning that i wonder if i would see much of an increase...im DEFINITELY gonna look into it, and depending on how early they end up ripening, i might give it a try anyway...12.5 hours at the least couldn't hurt...

RulaTone

Veteran
nice
im not really expert on the matter but a member here ganja_baba gave some nice inputs about 13-11 lightning.
The concept is more light = more photosintesis
He also had a month picture with exxagerate bud done this way.
all i can say is try this on your genetic, maybe she react fine!

when you recycle your soil, do you put in something before using it again?

thank you

señorsloth

Veteran
really there was pics? that makes it all the more intriguing, i was just about to start researching it actually...

it's weird, the way my buds are forming this time, i'm not sure whats up, if it's from not defoliating or more nutes or the metal halide bulb...they are getting a lot chunkier, in the way ak47 does, like lots of small foxtails, more than ever before...the tops are super dense but the bottom stuff i don't think is gonna get much more dense, though it's white as can be... the calyxes have for the most part swelled out but because there are so many fox tails there are still lots of white hairs...

i like to use a mixture of triches and "zeus's take on harvesting" usually my bud is the most perfectly ripe when i have met zeus's requirements, AND have 20-25% amber...this time it's looking like the tops are ambering up way faster than the bottoms, so it's kinda a mixture of signals, looking at the bottoms they need another week, looking at the tops they could be picked in 2 days...if you ignore that there are tons of foxtails still covered in white hair while most of the bud itself is fully red haired, withered, swollen calyxes...

ive heard koolbloom can cause the foxtails, but i've been using it from week 4-6 for months and i haven't really seen anything like this, so im reluctant to blame that on koolbloom, also the bottom buds being so much less ripe than the tops, well i am pretty comfortable blaming that on not defoliating, but at the same time one could argue maybe it's the new lamp and all it's ultraviolet light that's causing the tops to ripen faster...

either way i'm ordering an hmk curve this week, and come harvest i think i'll be turning all that bottom fluff into butane oil, i plan on running at least an ounce of buds through, along with all my leaves, and maybe a few jars of a freind's leaves...so the fluff wont really matter anyway, but i would prefer it not to be there...i'm falling into the trap of weighing my buds before they are ripe again and judging defoliation prematurely...but meh, honestly it looks like i'm gonna get a lot of fluff, which i never normally get so...meh, i'll know within a week...i decided harvest will be in one week most likely, only about 3-4 days early, cause i want them to go a little more ripe than usual, to give my bho a nice full bodied effect.

RulaTone

Veteran
Take it with a pinch of salt but sometimes i also had some foxtailing trouble and i was using too much PK13-14. dont know if this can help.
Try and search those kalishnapple pics from ganja baba...you won't believe your eyes...
congrats for the HMK i have tried a bunch of em now, and i can assure you that's one of the best way to vaporize oil.
VaporGlobes are fine, but a curve is a curve. No waste, full flavor!
I have some pics in my gallery.
where you will be mounting it on?

señorsloth

Veteran
Take it with a pinch of salt but sometimes i also had some foxtailing trouble and i was using too much PK13-14. dont know if this can help.

ya thats what my koolbloom is, a pk booster/ripener, and im assuming thats the cause, but i actually like foxtails, around here weed is very blah, foxtails are considered exotic, and people like them, plus they make my buds look chunky...i loooove the look of chunky buds...and i figure the buds are the same as always, so maybe the foxtails are the bonus yeild you get from koolbloom lol

as for the curve i have a LOT of pipes i could use, but i'll probably be sticking with my disposable sherlocks...i get them for ten bucks at the pipe shop, just a thin, glass tube in the shape of a sherlock with a frosted female piece, so you can use bubblers from bongs, or basically any bowl...they are cheep so i get a couple and they break often lol im clumsy...they say it's best to have the least surface area inside the piece as possible and that pretty much sums up these sherlock pieces...i'll probably give it a try in my helix steamrollers and a few of my bongs too im sure but i may end up buying something specifically for the curve till my turn on hmk's list comes up.

señorsloth

Veteran
ok, so i guess a little update is in order, day...i don't know...around week 7 on left, right i have no idea, don't really care, lol been a long day...

the buds are frostier than they have ever been at harvest, and i still have a week to go, so ya, this new metal halide bulb rules! my biggest yield yet with this girl, she is making wicked fox tails with big old calyxes, only like 4-5 days into flush and yellowing up nicely, the trichomes at the tops are all over the place, the first one i checked was scary ripe at the top, like 50% amber, but some buds are only about 10% at the top, and all the lower buds are around 5%...it's gonna be good. im not making any decisions about defoliation, but i am definitely sure about flowering with metal halide...I LOVE IT! my right bed is suuuper lush, lusher than ever before, it will out-yeild this batch for sure...and this batch is gonna be big, probably close to 7 ounces...if i do get that im making at least an ounce, if not two, into honey oil...

went to the bed bath and beyond, bought a stainless steel turkey baster and 4 bottles of newport...from what ive seen and tested it's the best i can get in my area...i use this "tatoo works" stuff in my pencil torch, it leaves almost no mark at all on a mirror, but there is that methyl mercaptan stuff in it and stinks like butt... tried it once, never again...

wish harvest would hurry up...i wanna make some oil...i told myself im not cheefing till harvest, but even though i don't want to smoke it yet i still wanna make it, i guess that's the side effect of spending hours online in the hash and oil forum...perfecting my method...ive only made bto twice, and the second time was a trainwreck...lol i put half an ounce of iso hash in my tube frozen and broken up, then mixed with hops, it all just globed into a ball and i barely got any oil, plus it was tattoo works butane so it tasted like old baby diapers, not that i make a habit of smoking those...it was a bad idea but back then i was terrible at making iso hash so it was terrible leafy grossness, i thought if i could dissolve and extract it in butane maybe i could get it to taste better...this time i'll do it right...now that i'm all read up.

anyways i went to take a few pics but the battery died on me after a minute so i didn't get many, i'm too lazy to change the batteries and go back so here are the few i got...sorry they aren't my best...i meant to take my time and follow hempfields tips but it died...i'll try again on like Tuesday and harvest will be Thursday i think...more pics then of course too...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

señorsloth

Veteran
wow, i can't say enough about this new bulb! my buds are reaching new records for frost, and it's really picking up steam as this last week goes by, my calyxes have swollen to sizes i have never seen on this plant...and probably the biggest test of all, THE SKUNKS LOOK DANK! never before have i said that, and i still wont smoke the fucking dickweeds to save my life, but they look so frickin' glitzy...better than ever before, also with the calyxes bigger than ever before...this led to some new insights...i have NEVER defoliated the skunks, because they only grow to 2/3 the size of the c99's, and their leaves are tiny, like 3 inches, maybe 4 inches across, at the biggest...so that helps me know that the frost is not from not defoliating...and strangely the larger calyxes as well, which i was prepared to blame on not defoliating. I had theorized over the past few days that they were reaching levels of maturity that i have never let them get to before, because they were so far along in ripening due to lack of stress from leaf loss. This can't be the case though because if it were my skunks should look the same as they always do, having never been defoliated before and not defoliated still.

i am forced to blame it on the lamp, my wonderful, amazing, metal fucking halide lamp...and the frost, it's just awesome, the smell is different, not quite as pronounced...under hps it was sharp, tangy, dry like white wine, and a bit garlicy...the smell now is softer, deeper, more akin to an Italian sparking wine, sweeter...but DEFINITELY no less powerful or penetrating...honestly i kinda liked the garlic version better but we will see in 4 days when i harvest...and frankly it doesn't matter much because both versions of the smell are amazing. i expected a change in flavor from the new light spectrum, so this is no surprise and also the light is the only viable culprit to the change...

i have come to realize that for the most part, my yield is almost ENTIRELY dependent on how well my clones take, the better the clones, the healthier and bigger roots they have, the faster they take off, meaning more nodes made before the end of stretch, and more roots made before the end of stretch(that's when roots stop growing). the bigger the root system, the more buds they make. i know this because i have a smattering of huge ass fat girls in there, right alongside scrappy little guys, the ones on the outside edges that get the most light are no fatter on average than the center ones, but with a careful inspection of my plants now compared to the clones in the first pictures, show a very direct correlation, my biggest, healthiest clones made much more yield than ones growing right next to it, that had less roots when i planted the clones...

this means this next run, which is looking to be my best yet, WILL be my best yet, and my best way to improve yield in the future is to really dig down and get some kick ass clones, i need bigger, healthier cuttings, and i need to leave them in the cloning chamber till they have bigger healthier roots, if i do that i can get my yields maxed out better than any amount of increased wattage's or improved spectrum's, defoliation's or fertilizers...like 80% of my yield is dictated by the quality of my clones when i plant them...

it's really bad news for January though, because not only did i get an abysmal amount of clones, i let them get too dry, which is my biggest cloning no no, i get 100% survival rates for months on end over hundreds of clones because i am very careful to keep them moist...it's this tolerance break...I'm sweating through the night every night for weeks without it, getting 5-6 hours of sleep a day, no appetite at all, and subsequently, no energy or motivation at all...I'm guessing it's taking so long to get over those side effects of quitting because i let my tolerance get way too high this time for way too long...i need to manage my smoking better from now on, but i decided my fast is over...3 of my lil clones dried up and died cause i was too lazy to water them yesterday, and I've been a crabby bitch for way too long...I'm happier and healthier when i smoke, and my tolerance is low enough...i popped a few buds in the microwave via steam dry method, and am going to fucking relax for a while and finish season 7 of weeds, then get some much needed sleep. seeds should be here tomorrow, there were in new york 5 days ago, and though the tracking info hasn't been updated that's normal from what I've experienced. i could drive to new york myself in half that time so I'm sure they will arrive tomorrow, or Tuesday at the latest, i will also have more pics tomorrow night.

Looking excellent señorsloth! I kinda wanted to eat the pictures of 7 weeks, looking candy as hell.

Don't quit smoking, just get a ceramic cig onie and slow down for a week or two, brings your tolerance down and you don't feel like garbage. I do that when I realize I've smoked through 3 packs of raw papers in like 2 weeks, lol.

señorsloth

Veteran
haha the real pinecones are gonna be spikey! in just 2 days the foxtails got extra foxy...like literally doubled in length, and at this rate i wouldn't be surprised if they kept growing for another day or two...i have a hunch that they will stop foxing soon as they are quickly ripening up. i love the word foxtail...we really outdid ourselves coming up with that one...the pot community i mean...calyxes are huge, seriously they look like a tiny asain woman giving birth to 5 more tiny asain women the same size as the first asian woman...I've seen cheese and others do this a lot, it's hard for me to describe what i'm saying...but the calyxes cease to be calyxes in the sense that a calyx is like a paper cone, and these things are like unrolled paper cones...i don't know...for this plant its something totally new and crazy, they foxtail a little normally, and the calyxes swell normally, but since i put the new bulb in im getting calyxes like 33-50% bigger on all plants, at least a 1/4 more frost, last night i had a foxtail an inch long! it was so cool...my buds are firmer than they have ever been, completely rock hard on top, and 4 days to go till harvest...took 4 hits of early picked and microwaved buds last night, i was flying out of my mind for 4 hours, and then i slept over 10 more, and now i'm a little loopy...but feeling healthier than i have since i started this stupid tolerance break...it did the trick though, i have my control back, and a nice low tolerance to boot...

so i got bored, i had my new bho tube and a liter of butane laying around, but nothing to run through it, so i decided to just take my bucket of fan leaves, which is normally where i keep my defoliation and the three bottom nodes... and run it though the tube, the damn 3 bottles of butane cost 19 bucks but i have nothing better to use it on so i did...i didn't do any defoliation this round so all the bucket had was my chopped up skunk mom and the trimmings from the bottom 3 nodes of my right side bed...around 40 grams, but i got a decent amount of oil from it! lol i was surprised, considering most of the stuff was from a plant that had never been flowered in it's year long life...few specs of leaf fell in after, but i'll live...have yet to try it obviously, though i'm not that afraid of smoking unpurged bho as most people are, if a lady can huff pure butane for 20 years and survive, i'll survive this...not to mention i've been lighting bowls with butane lighters for 15 years...it can't be that bad for you...besides that i used to eat fast food regularly, and smoke cigarettes...there is more toxins in one mcdouble or one cig than a whole bottle of butane i bet...

picture.php

señorsloth

Veteran
i took some pics just now, i tried with the auto-focus off, i don't think i did it right, but i got some ok pics, my pics still never show off the frost like others do...you can tell they are frosty but you don't see every individual head like with good cameras...come harvest maybe i'll be able to borrow a super expensive one, doubtful, but my dad has one that cost almost a grand so if i can get him to lend it over for a few days the harvest shots might actually be worth looking at. the leaves are a little stressed, that's because i was gone this afternoon and forgot to leave my bedroom door open, it was like 90 in my bedroom when i got home and probably 100 in the cab, i opened the window and its cold as shit outside so it cooled down right away, but those leaves may never look normal again, considering i'm ending their short lives in 3 days...

so here are the pics, day i don't know, maybe 50? yeah i think it's 50, one of the pics is a skunk, see if you can guess which, lol like where's waldo, if waldo was a shitty skunk...notice the nice flush, really big calyxes, sooooo much more trichs under metal halide compared to hps! koolbloom made for some nice foxtails, i think im gonna tell the kids on the street this is called "firefox" i can't exactly keep telling everybody it's the same thing or they will catch on, i don't like re-branding but it's just street smoke so it doesn't matter...street weed is all poop and it has some of the dumbest made up names...my weed is easily twice as good as anything anybody else has around here, so i have 3-4 dudes constantly competing to take it all off my hands...i could call it "bunghole lichen" or "panda-taint boogers" and it would move just as fast as if i called it "pink crack" or "jaguar blood"...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

señorsloth

Veteran
well another day gone by, not much to report...still debating on the exact harvest day, i have anywhere from Thursday to Sunday, i'll decide after counting triches in a bit...i know this post is mostly pointless, but i was deleting a paragraph that referred to new yorkers as "pussys" and my wishes that they get "raped by the hurricane"...it didn't seem right...although they do suck and they should rape themselves...but that's not the point...happy thoughts...

vukman

Veteran
hey hey...congratz on a great looking harvest!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Of course you know the next thing I say is that you just have to tell us the weight when the drying is done..:D.........

:yes:........excellent!

Latest posts

Latest posts