What's new

Selling back to clubs?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
As for a realistic model of distro, how about massive collectives with mass security oversaw by the city/state with routine NTF/sheriffs inspections, growers info database, Ag dept inspections, city accountants, insurance, etc.
Oh yeah.... I'm sure THEY will have my best interest at heart and make sure I don't have any interruptions in the strain that works best for ME! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Not even F'n Funny.

If I wanted a business model that had corruption built in like that I'd move to New Mexico. It's taken me 2 years to find strains that work best for my head and I'm not interested in giving that clarity up for anyone. I'm not interested in taking that right away from anyone else either.

Your faith in govt models is based on some fairy tale I haven't read.

nomaad

Veteran

that fairy tale is taught to most Unites Statesians in a 12-year state run indoctrination program... my oldest kid just started public school and the task of mitigating the effect of that system is looking to be gargantuan.

but yeah... LOL at the poster you were responding to. that kind of oversight paradigm is exactly what's needed for mmj. i think all users should have to wear ankle bracelets too so that when they are not playing jazz music at colored bars they aren't out raping white women. (damn... i wonder how much flack i am going to take for that statement. please, those of you who do not understand the concept of dripping with sarcasm, please do not respond.)

nomaad

Veteran

that fairy tale is taught to most Unites Statesians in a 12-year state run indoctrination program... my oldest kid just started public school and the task of mitigating the effect of that system is looking to be gargantuan.

but yeah... LOL at the poster you were responding to. that kind of oversight paradigm is exactly what's needed for mmj. i think all users should have to wear ankle bracelets too so that when they are not playing jazz music at colored bars they aren't out raping white women. (damn... i wonder how much flack i am going to take for that statement. please, those of you who do not understand the concept of dripping with sarcasm, please do not respond.)

what I am trying to make clear is that I think that is the single worst idea I have heard about the regulation of cannabis since the racist propoganda nonsense from the first half of the last century. unreal.

B

Blue Dot

what I am trying to make clear is that I think that is the single worst idea I have heard about the regulation of cannabis since the racist propoganda nonsense from the first half of the last century. unreal.

If you aren't doing anything wrong what are you afraid of?

B

Blue Dot

How about invasion of privacy? Blue Dot welcomes you to the police state!

What expectation of privacy. You think greenhouse tomatoe growers have an expectation of privacy? Wrong, the Ag dept can come an inspect them anytime they want (without a "warrant") because when you are a producer of a commodity in the US you have no expectation of privacy like a normal houshold resident would.

nomaad

Veteran
Dot:

How does wanting my privacy imply that I am afraid of something?

I think you would benefit from carefully reading the very detailed description of bullshit arguments that somebody posted above. I think that should be posted on the TOU.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
If you aren't doing anything wrong what are you afraid of?
Talk to the hundreds of thousands of people who's lives have been ripped apart, MISTAKENLY and see how much they appreciate that attitude.

The founders of this nation fought and died so that you have that right.... don't be so quick to frivolously toss it away. Troll.

Edit: Welcome to my ignore list. You have a lot to learn about life before you can start posting anything I'm interested in reading. Thanks.

B

Blue Dot

Talk to the hundreds of thousands of people who's lives have been ripped apart, MISTAKENLY and see how much they appreciate that attitude.

The founders of this nation fought and died so that you have that right.... don't be so quick to frivolously toss it away. Troll.

Edit: Welcome to my ignore list. You have a lot to learn about life before you can start posting anything I'm interested in reading. Thanks.

You think the founders fought and died for an expectation of privacy for producers of a commodity that they knowingly sell to the public?

Wake up, these producers are scrutinized left and right and they basically have to waive their privacy when they sign all those permits, licenses etc. so that the gov can keep tabs on how these people operate.

it's called in the public interest. look into it.

When I got my BOE sellers permit for my industry they gave me the third degree and if I refused to answer they could have just easily denied my permit.

This isn't citizens in their homes were talking about.

If a grower provides for a club that has thousands of members he waives that privacy becuase he is now dealing with the public, which is the opposite scenario of a citizen in their home and the expectation of privacy that goes along with that.

Growing for a club could be considered akin to a Big Pharma manufacturing plant and if you think that manufacturing plant has ANY expectation of privacy your crazy. The gov is up in their business 24/7.

johnnyla

Veteran
You think the founders fought and died for an expectation of privacy for producers of a commodity that they knowingly sell to the public?

Wake up, these producers are scrutinized left and right and they basically have to waive their privacy when they sign all those permits, licenses etc. so that the gov can keep tabs on how these people operate.

it's called in the public interest. look into it.

When I got my BOE sellers permit for my industry they gave me the third degree and if I refused to answer they could have just easily denied my permit.

This isn't citizens in their homes were talking about.

If a grower provides for a club that has thousands of members he waives that privacy becuase he is now dealing with the public, which is the opposite scenario of a citizen in their home and the expectation of privacy that goes along with that.

Growing for a club could be considered akin to a Big Pharma manufacturing plant and if you think that manufacturing plant has ANY expectation of privacy your crazy. The gov is up in their business 24/7.

Why trade your rights in for priveleges?

You have certain inalienable rights. These cannot be taken away from you. You can however give up your rights by choice in exchange for privileges. Privileges can be taken away from you. Rights cannot. :joint::joint::woohoo:

B

Blue Dot

Why trade your rights in for priveleges?

You have certain inalienable rights. These cannot be taken away from you. You can however give up your rights by choice in exchange for privileges. Privileges can be taken away from you. Rights cannot. :joint::joint::woohoo:

Driving is a privelege.

In order to take advantage of this priviledge you have to prove to the gov your place of residency and that you are who you say you are.

There was some other guy here saying you have the 5th amendment right to never speak or give info to a gov agent.

In this case if you did that you would be denied a drivers licence.

So yeah, in order to get certain priviledges you have to give up certain things.

The gov doesn't just anyone doing whatever they want with no oversight if those people are gonna be dealing with the public.

If you guys are so unhappy about this you have the option of moving to a cabin in Montana like Ted Kazinsky. lol

nomaad

Veteran
Blue Dot. I concede the point. You are correct. When producing something for the public market, you can expect oversight of some kind or another...

All the arguments against your point are arguments for personal privacy in ones own home and as far as i can tell from the last few posts you are not arguing that at all.

nomaad

Veteran
However, if I am growing for a private, closed-circuit cooperative, we should have the right to privacy.

johnnyla

Veteran
Driving is a privelege.

In order to take advantage of this priviledge you have to prove to the gov your place of residency and that you are who you say you are.

There was some other guy here saying you have the 5th amendment right to never speak or give info to a gov agent.

In this case if you did that you would be denied a drivers licence.

So yeah, in order to get certain priviledges you have to give up certain things.

The gov doesn't just anyone doing whatever they want with no oversight if those people are gonna be dealing with the public.

If you guys are so unhappy about this you have the option of moving to a cabin in Montana like Ted Kazinsky. lol

right. you have a right to cultivate collectively. you don't need to ask for permission. you can choose to and get those fancy licenses to hide behind for awhile until they come shutter you down.

a lot of people gave up their rights for the false sense of security a BOE license gives them. i guess that's what you get. i want to open up a hash bar it's just not allowable by law. So i won't until it is.

Nomad, you are good to go. The Supereme Court of CA ruled you have the same right to privacy as any other citizen. Unless of course you apply for permits from various local beuaracrasies who will then be able to inspect you since you gave them that right by asking for permission.

Except that this is a legal gray area, not a regulated industry.

nomaad

Veteran
Its not a regulated industry at the moment. But Babylon will regulate all industry until firmly in control and then deregulate. this has happened with utilities, finance...

I'm not rooting for this to happen, but it does seem rather inevitable. If the USDA was able to co-opt the "organic" food paradigm and render it virtually meaningless in a matter of a decade, how long before something similar happens to this industry.

still2big

S2B... glad to hear you're moving to a place where you belong. Kinda disappointed you won't be taking back from the swamp what it took from you, but I will live... as long as you do as good a job chronicling your mile-high shenanigans.

No worries bro! Ill be flying back and forth for the first year. As soon as that swamp drains a bit ill be moving some 2-3foot tall females out there into the same trash cans. Im gonna pull a crop out of that swamp if it kills me! haha

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all :wave:

This is still an interesting topic,, keep it flowing folks :yes:

@GreySkull,,, apologetically (to THC4MS),, we forgot about the UK medi. outlet THC4MS

THC4MS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJFbC2k_UQ

They manage to give away free meds to folk with Multiple Sclerosis . Even when it is 100% illegal to do so in the UK ,, no license it just goes out raggo. So does Granny Pat... Jah bless them all :canabis:

Hypothesis : If every commercial garden currently growing under prop 215 and selling to medi. clubs gave just their trim-waste to 'Medi. Clubs' ,, then perhaps genuine medi. users would have access to more cannabinoids then they medicinally require,,, so the flowers could be sold to the folk that enjoy smoking flowers :chin:

peace n love all

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Hypothesis : If every commercial garden currently growing under prop 215 and selling to medi. clubs gave just their trim-waste to 'Medi. Clubs' ,, then perhaps genuine medi. users would have access to more cannabinoids then they medicinally require,,, so the flowers could be sold to the folk that enjoy smoking flowers :chin:

peace n love all

There is something America hates about giving away free left overs. I dunno if you ever worked in food service, but at the end of every night places like Chipotle have left over food that was never served to anybody and it goes straight to the dumpster. I always ask my friend who works there why she doesn't ask her boss if they can give it to the homeless people to eat. NOPE. No sharing leftovers. State law forbids it in fact. Gots to go to the dumpster.

...now if the homeless were to go diving in that dumpster and eat out of it, that's a whole nother situation which is a-okay in the states eyes, I suppose.

Wierd, no?