What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selling back to clubs?

nomaad

Veteran
for those out of staters that have no idea what the IE is, I am assuming that he means the Inland Empire, pls correct me if i am wrong... the most massive expanse of suburban sprawl anywhere on earth, located to the east of Los Angeles. Its where my wife is from.

nomaad

Veteran
every day another 10,000 people start smoking cheeba. i totally made that statistic up, but its probably true. Oh, and 10,000 smokers are probably not dying since the last couple of generations have been so affected by the various stigmas created by propaganda. for the time being, its a growth industry.

zenoonez

Veteran
I have heard of some people pulling insane figures from harvests but I guess it just depends on how good your stuff is and how hard you shop it around.

m4n

and when I say flooded, i mean FLOODED. In august, I got 3200/lb without shopping. The entire state was dry. In June, people were paying $2500 (after all the middlemen got their points) for LAST YEAR'S OUTDOOR POPCORN. I shit you not. I also know people prepared to take $2000 for their outdoor this year...QUOTE]

I been watching prices drop every week I patiently waiting until the end of the month so i can buy it up!:woohoo:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Its seasonal. In about a week the market WILL be flooded with all manner of outdoor. From the shit that looks and smells like hay (probably destined for Lima, Ohio) to the nearly indoor quality that I am pulling down (if there are no major dust storms over the next 2 weeks)... and when I say flooded, i mean FLOODED. In august, I got 3200/lb without shopping. The entire state was dry. In June, people were paying $2500 (after all the middlemen got their points) for LAST YEAR'S OUTDOOR POPCORN. I shit you not. I also know people prepared to take $2000 for their outdoor this year... I will not take anything less than $2800 unless something doesn't finish as expected in terms of quality.

too bad the majority of the stuff from norcal is commercial trash intended for the ohio bound smokers...id love to find some more quality vendors in norcal who tend to the sativas and indicas with love>>>> but it seems more people are intrested in doing the pot-of-garbage or the snowcrap....

nomaad

Veteran
there is a lot of trash herb here... i am amazed at how crappy some of it is... but there is also some absolutely top quality indoor and outdoor coming down in these parts.

I don't personally associate with anybody slangin that low-end shit... but I have seen it and know its out there. Just like with anything else...

For every bottle of excellent wine produced in napa, there are 7 bottles of piss. 99.9% of the tomatoes grown in the united states are worthless tasteless supermarket garbage... the remaining .1% are dank heirlooms that will knock your socks off in a caprese salad.

so the reality of everything from ganja, to wine to tomatoes to movies to baseball caps to mp3 players to lipstick to underpants... the majority is low quality crap. so your opening statement "too bad that the majority of stuff from norcal..." just sounds like you're talkin smack. Its not even their fault, those cats that grow the crappy doje... so long as there is a market for it, talentless, loveless douchebags will grow ganja for it.

But that's OK... we growers that take pride in our medicine have nothing to be ashamed of. I have lived in cities around the world in my short life, and I have never seen better ganja than the best I have seen around here. That's not to say I haven't seen nugs just as good in many other places. why the bold letters in your post? the content of your posts should carry the emphasis... not the font style.

johnnyla

Veteran
there is a lot of trash herb here... i am amazed at how crappy some of it is... but there is also some absolutely top quality indoor and outdoor coming down in these parts.

I don't personally associate with anybody slangin that low-end shit... but I have seen it and know its out there. Just like with anything else...

For every bottle of excellent wine produced in napa, there are 7 bottles of piss. 99.9% of the tomatoes grown in the united states are worthless tasteless supermarket garbage... the remaining .1% are dank heirlooms that will knock your socks off in a caprese salad.

so the reality of everything from ganja, to wine to tomatoes to movies to baseball caps to mp3 players to lipstick to underpants... the majority is low quality crap. so your opening statement "too bad that the majority of stuff from norcal..." just sounds like you're talkin smack. Its not even their fault, those cats that grow the crappy doje... so long as there is a market for it, talentless, loveless douchebags will grow ganja for it.

But that's OK... we growers that take pride in our medicine have nothing to be ashamed of. I have lived in cities around the world in my short life, and I have never seen better ganja than the best I have seen around here. That's not to say I haven't seen nugs just as good in many other places. why the bold letters in your post? the content of your posts should carry the emphasis... not the font style.

for reals. ya'll up north have the best ganga. better than anywhere in the US and beats out Amsterdam hands down.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Around here it is

$3k to $3600

most want it for less than $3k if they can get you to agree, but hell who wouldn't lol.

zenoonez

Veteran
Around here it is

$3k to $3600

most want it for less than $3k if they can get you to agree, but hell who wouldn't lol.

Thats more like it. How does it work when you sell to a club? Is there paperwork? Do you give out testers? How hard do you guys shop around to get the best price?

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
If you are a member of the collective the paperwork is pretty much done for the most part. I do not give testers as far as giving them a zip or something to "see" if they want what I have. I KNOW they do and the main point is they NEED it BUT for what price and that is where the issues can come.

If you want to get rid of your medicine for a deal then shopping around isn't needed BUT if you want to get closer to retail donations then shopping around in OTHER cities might be your best bet.

I don't believe in freebies or testers personally. Most even if they sold at $30 8ths would still make a decent enough profit even if it was BUNK (it isn't though lol) + most collective pricing is $50-$60 an 8th and larger the amount really doesn't mean some huge discount for the patients.

I think freebies and testers are just another way for the owner to get free merch to unload OR enjoy personally and I don't think that should be the intention.

I do agree however with sparking a bowl up with the owner and enjoy the meds together and talk numbers BUT most don't have the time or want for that either.

Get in good, have quality and shopping around really isn't a big deal because YOURS is better than THEIRS.

zenoonez

Veteran
If you are a member of the collective the paperwork is pretty much done for the most part. I do not give testers as far as giving them a zip or something to "see" if they want what I have. I KNOW they do and the main point is they NEED it BUT for what price and that is where the issues can come.

If you want to get rid of your medicine for a deal then shopping around isn't needed BUT if you want to get closer to retail donations then shopping around in OTHER cities might be your best bet.

I don't believe in freebies or testers personally. Most even if they sold at $30 8ths would still make a decent enough profit even if it was BUNK (it isn't though lol) + most collective pricing is $50-$60 an 8th and larger the amount really doesn't mean some huge discount for the patients.

I think freebies and testers are just another way for the owner to get free merch to unload OR enjoy personally and I don't think that should be the intention.

I do agree however with sparking a bowl up with the owner and enjoy the meds together and talk numbers BUT most don't have the time or want for that either.

Get in good, have quality and shopping around really isn't a big deal because YOURS is better than THEIRS.

Thanks for the advice, do you declare the money on your taxes or how does all of the work?

Ms_Weekend

Thats more like it. How does it work when you sell to a club? Is there paperwork? Do you give out testers? How hard do you guys shop around to get the best price?

no paper work & never show any id or identifying paperwork (your the grower, you never want anyone knowing your real address)....& you have the bargaining chips(top shelf bud hopefully)

No testers.......alot of places want an 8th tester or some BS but like I said you got the chips....I normally give them my lb price on a oz ( so if your looking for 3500, a $220 oz would work) & they can see if they can work with it.

You should probably go to about 5 shops to get the feel for what ones you like & who you want to deal with(if you have alot of product you might need more) If you get turned down at all your probably asking to much....you just got to make sure you have top shelf & you wont have any problem at all.

zenoonez

Veteran
no paper work & never show any id or identifying paperwork (your the grower, you never want anyone knowing your real address)....& you have the bargaining chips(top shelf bud hopefully)

No testers.......alot of places want an 8th tester or some BS but like I said you got the chips....I normally give them my lb price on a oz ( so if your looking for 3500, a $220 oz would work) & they can see if they can work with it.

You should probably go to about 5 shops to get the feel for what ones you like & who you want to deal with(if you have alot of product you might need more) If you get turned down at all your probably asking to much....you just got to make sure you have top shelf & you wont have any problem at all.

Thanks for the advice. I wish I were out there but even if I were, I would have to have another grower appraise it for me because I am from a state where it is illegal and the only stuff you can get is brick or overpriced crap. My only experience with good stuff is being in Cali every 2-3 years lol. Oh well I guess if I move out there I will learn. :) I was thinking, wouldn't it be better to set up contact with all of them and then if you get a better offer allow the other shops the chance to match it? Thats how it works when we sell anything around my neck of the woods.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Jim Morrison said:
I live uptown
I live downtown
I live all around
I've had money
and I've had none
But I've never been so broke
that I couldn't leave town

The Changeling, by the Doors

M

movingtocally

Naive

Naive

How much weight can you get rid of to the clubs in an area if you've got a good crop? What's the most they will generally buy at one time? If you've got a 15 pound harvest are you pretty much forced to move into less straight-forward and out in the open relationships with black market individuals?

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
large quantities attract fewer buyers and that means lower prices per unit. Wise growers adjust - some need cash - some can wait - some get less - some get more.

But - once again; quality rules.