What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

gurnt

Anti if you are doing more round where was the best look plants are even the best plant parts?
How far from the light?
That is your sweet spot

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yeah. Sketchup rules. I bought some lumber and I'm going to have my 600w room up with a temporary test run soon.. I will get the 800w ready to roll again in 5 weeks so I have my harvests 5 weeks apart and i never run out again.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look like Sketchup is going to get "worked" lol, great job Anti but we need MORE BUD SHOTS!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
picture.php

Here's where I'm at at the moment.

The yellow section represents the total area (including doors) of my current cabinet. The white sections represent the walls that are going to be built. The one spot where the wall is doubled up represents the wall that already exists. I don't know if I will try to tear it out or just leave it as is, so i left it as is in sketchup to help me visualize the result.

The dark grey represents the empty space between the studwalls I built and the actual basement walls. I did this because I figure it will help against FLIR and it also helps soundproof the room by isolating it from the foundation and ceiling. Basically, they go right up to the ductwork that feeds the main floor of the house but don't make contact.... so my "closet" is a room within a room in my basement.

There will be two 4'x4'x5' flowering chambers and two 3'x4' reservoir chambers. One rez room will house moms, clones and equipment (I'll build shelves or something) and the other rez room will also be for drying harvests. With this setup, I should be able to keep each room going. In the short term, I will put my two 400w CMH in one of the 4'x4' rooms and my 600w HPS in the other 4'x4' room.

Long term, I am considering getting another 600w HPS and maybe running 600HPS/400CMH in both 4x4 rooms.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Sweet bro, definitely going to start rockin with the new setup.

Personally, can't wait to get a new spot and design something from the bottom up. My room is good since it was my first, but there are lot of improvements that can be made.

Keep it green homey.

aod

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I downloaded Sketchup, but it wont run on my 64bit system... Just freezes up and I have to force close it.
Any idea about a work around?

D

DHF

The path to Nirvana is diverse with many sideroads , but those that stay on the straight and narrow without distractions and self doubt make it waaaay sooner than later....A .....

Sounds like a plan....Gladta see yas all up on perpetual harvey`s with major respect for doin yer homework.....so....

Get the other 600 as budget permits and rock 60 watts+ per sq ft with dialed environment.....but....more watts also means light bleachin/heat scorchin possibilities if nugs get beyond the comfort zone and too close to the bare bulbs....

Things to ponder and overcome.....Heath ran 2-600`s side by side in a lil 4x6 x6 room for a seed run/pheno hunt on his Black Rose several yrs back , and added rooted cuts to fill in the sideways canopy , and pulled lil over 4 lbs with 87 bigger budsicles........

Needless to say....My racks were born soon thereafter....

Good luck A....pullin fer yas....and.....

Peace.....Freds....:ying:.....

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I downloaded Sketchup, but it wont run on my 64bit system... Just freezes up and I have to force close it.
Any idea about a work around?

That's weird. I used to run 32 bit Windows XP... then I upgraded. I run Windows 7 64 bit and I have no issues with sketchup.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sorry guys I all ready voted. I was the first to vote out of anybody. At that time I was the only vote and anti had all votes.

Go Anti!!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Setbacks....

I sank all the money that didn't go to paying my girl into a rebuild. The rebuild is 90% complete... and I have three huge plants ready to go into flower with about 12 medium sized plants. I can run them in my new 4'x4'x5' room. It's ready.

The problem is my relationship is dying and I may have to vacate the premises before I can get a harvest in. (I am trying to negotiate a truce that will allow me to get another harvest done to recoup my money and give me seed capital to move the operation to a new location.)

Things have not deteriorated to the point where I am worried about her calling the police or selling me out, but it's not looking good for long-term survival.

If I have to move before another harvest, I will still have my gear but I will most likely lose my mama and I will have to couch surf for awhile since I literally have only the money I'm getting from my part-time work. (A couple hundred a week, if that.)

So... if I can work out some kinda deal, I can do one last harvest here, hopefully come up with enough money to get into a rent-to-own situation and start from scratch.

I am also considering the option of packing up and heading west.

Opinions? Ideas?

Crazy late I know, but I just read my way through this after discovering it days ago. And yes, this thread shreds hard, good sir.

"I am also considering the option of packing up and heading west.

Opinions? Ideas?"

Kinda sounds like you already know what you wanna do.

where u get ur ak stock? i just moved and popped a pack of ak from serious seeds for new moms.

nvm, just reread the first page