What's new

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I'd say to flip now bro, they look like they're really doing some growing 2" and ready to go. Any longer I think you risk having them grow into each other. That's unless your gonna put up a screen and train them into place...

D

DHF

Flip and see......The only true wayta learn your strain...Keep a record of their age at flip and know what`s happenin from now on....

Peace...DHF....:ying:....

nestecillo

Hi, im a new member, but i saw all the your pages of your growroom, and its some interesing your sistem.

now im growin in 1m/sq 36 plants in pots of 1l in coco mix (80% coco 20%perlita), atami products, and cal mag, from grotek, to raise EC at 0'4. wen are growing, 1,2-1,3 Ec, and flowering 1,7-1,8 Ec.
The plants derived from selected plants, indicas, or hibrids most indica.
I have adjust a wing, philips son t pia and vdl balast
Y recolected, no more that 505gr, its so good, im very satisfied. But now im searching break my wall of gr/w, and wen i see your sistem, i toke many ideas to win my race.

When I have a definitive idea to setup my room to maxim production system,I would like to speak with you to know what you think about it and see what we could improve.

In a future, When have more time, I open a link with my grow room to share with all the growers of this forum, because its som diferents technics of cultivate, and I have really wanted to learn your techniques and your experience.

a greeting from spain. sorry for my english, but my english no is learned in school.

See you men!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Hmm, think I'd want to stick it out another day or two assuming they double in stretch... Just my .02 View Image

I feel like flipping now is gonna leave you with a bare spot between your two tiers

Looks awesome and growth between days 11 and 14 is very impressive!

Last round I flipped when they were around 6" tall. They ended up being around 14" tall. These are currently around 8" tall on the top level and maybe 9-10" on the lower level.

In the last two pics it looks like the plant in the corner is going to be out grown by the plants next to it if you wait to much longer before flipping. I cant say whether to flip though as I grow bigger plants not the smaller ones like you.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on her and sacrifice any fans that attempt to crowd her out.

How much do these girls stretch?

Whats the average height right now and what are you shooting for?

If this is a stretchy girl I say flip. If shes a bit more squat like a kush I would wait two days.

She's at least going to double in size.

Another vote for "flip".

A screen in there would add 15-20% to your yield, IMO.

I've thought about putting a screen up around the inside edge of the doughnut. Is that how you'd do it? What did you have in mind?

Flip and see......The only true wayta learn your strain...Keep a record of their age at flip and know what`s happenin from now on....

I'm on it. They're even bigger today than they were last night. I will be flipping tonight.

G

Guest 88950

or use a horta trellis like krunchbubble used in a walk-in-closet.

B

B. Self Reliant

I'd keep vegging for a few days. You really only have a single thin canopy at each level, so I'd want it FULL. What's another couple of days. You can always trim some stuff away of need be.

Looking great in here!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
DAY 16 VEG

Despite what I said yesterday, I didn't flip. Here are today's pics. I think I'm gonna flip tonight.

But I think I'm gonna need to hack away at some shrubbery down below.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Since we're being limited to five pictures per post, I'm trying to stick with the same five angles (full cab, left, right, worms eye view from front left, bottom tier right rear corner) so that you can see what is happening easier.

If you look at Pic #1 and direct your attention to my new, ghetto-fabulous cardboard+reflectix wall, the top of that wall pretty much represents the ending height of the plants from last round.

Also, when I last topped the res, I dropped the pH down to what looks to me to be the 5.5 mark to ensure that I was not locking out phosphorous at 6 or above. I'm still getting purpling. New growth starts off green and then purples right up. Everything is a nice healthy green color (about the color of the "quick reply" bar down below) but the stems are purple, as have been all my AK47 from the beginning. I'm going to continue to assume it's a genetic thing until I discover otherwise.

D

DHF

Don`t hack at em after 12/12 till end of stretch.........Seems like I said that....let em be all they can be , and then when hormone changes happen ....

Trim , prune , shape em again ta be the perfect sideways canopy so all can get proper lumens , and then take all the fans on a stem away over the next week or so till the only leaves left are the lil sugar leaves juttin out the colas till end of cycle.....

Budsicles/Donkey Dicks FTW....

Handle it Bro...DHF....:ying:.....

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Don't sweat the purple stuff, it is from the CMH bulbs. Some strains have the stems go purple wherever they are hit by the light from a CMH. I am assuming it is a natural protection against the UV.

Here is pic and you see where the bud was close to the stem and wrapped around the back side it is green but where it was exposed to the light it is purple city.

picture.php

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
That is one crazy contraption.

I know what I'm looking at, and I still think, "Wow, there are like nine street tees, and half of them are going upstream, and all that dangling stuff is just to drain the bitch."

And I start by knowing that it drains. Which gives me a leg up.

Fuck anyone else.

Like a goddamn interstellar lunaspheric type of thing.

All shiney and shit.

Shit.

Don`t hack at em after 12/12 till end of stretch.........Seems like I said that....let em be all they can be , and then when hormone changes happen ....
My research indicates that defoliating before end of stretch causes stretch to halt immediately. Does that hold true with your experience? (Perhaps it was you who said that, I don't remember.)

D

DHF

My research indicates that defoliating before end of stretch causes stretch to halt immediately. Does that hold true with your experience? (Perhaps it was you who said that, I don't remember.)
My experience with strippin fan leaves/defoliatin is self-taught from necessity and came several yrs back strictly from gettin fucked by a so-called expert tellin me to rape my plants @ day 21 flower and then again @ day 45 , and I did......

Took me 12 weeks ta get the same weight and size of nugs by end of cycle that I`d been doin in 10....so....

It finally dawned on me how ignorant I was in just doin what somebody swore as gospel rather than figurin out why it worked so I did.......

It hit me like a ton of bricks that it`s all strain dependent and that`s why the so-called expert was seein results that I NEVER did......so....moral to the story....

My Chem D`s were a 10-11 week strain , and since stretch has been scientifically proven to be 40% of the bloom cycle , my Chem D`s would stretch minimum for a full month/28 days and maybe a few days longer......so...

When I stripped them bitches @ day 21 they fuckin shut down......Looked like sticks for days cuz the budsites had just started puttin out calyx`s and pistils.....

I was so fuckin pissed I cussed him out in as many languages and dialects I knew , and He told me I did it wrong.......I really went off and slammed him on several weedsites he was preachin on and haven`t "taken" any expert advice in many yrs but rather have relied on all my runs under my belt and taught myself bout gettin rid of unwanted foliage in late flower to let the plants concentrate energy into the nugs instead of compost material/fan leaves.....

It don`t shut stretch down , but it takes at least a week of recovery time before the plants start comin back , and then when they`re done stretchin it takes at least another week ta make em swell and mature as much as the run before......so....

I`ve always trimmed and shaped my plants sideways while they were pre-veggin before up pottin and in the flip rooms with the big lights , and then "strain dependent" I started takin off the fans underneath each budsite that had stems , and then kept it up for the next week or 2 till they were all gone and all that was left were the sugar leaves juttin out of the colas.....

Trim , shape , rape yer bitches SIDEWAYS in veg mode and let em recover...NEVER top em or suffer the recovery time .......Flip and let em stretch untouched......Once hormone changes are in full swing and they`re in full swellage ......

Take everything off the plant that`s got a stem over the next week or so....Took me longer cuz I only went to my setups once a week , but the rule of thumb is ta not strip too many at once and stunt the plants to cause recovery time , so take it easy till yas learn your strain/hybrid and know what they can handle....then.....

Come harvey there`s lil to nothin to trim after killin and hangin them bitches.....My kinda shit.... but ....Leaf strippin`s strictly strain dependent so know your strain or suffer the consequences as in gettin fucked fer yields if yas go crazy on em at the wrong time....Aight....

Nuff outta my old ass today....Gotta go check my ribs on da smoker.....Got several slabs hoonin with all the fixins gettin finished by the lil gf....Ya`ll come getchas sum...

Life`s good....Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

Last edited:

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
My experience with strippin fan leaves/defoliatin is self-taught from necessity and came several yrs back strictly from gettin fucked by a so-called expert tellin me to rape my plants @ day 21 flower and then again @ day 45 , and I did......

Took me 12 weeks ta get the same weight and size of nugs by end of cycle that I`d been doin in 10....so....

It finally dawned on me how ignorant I was in just doin what somebody swore as gospel rather than figurin out why it worked so I did.......

It hit me like a ton of bricks that it`s all strain dependent and that`s why the so-called expert was seein results that I NEVER did......so....moral to the story....

My Chem D`s were a 10-11 week strain , and since stretch has been scientifically proven to be 40% of the bloom cycle , my Chem D`s would stretch minimum for a full month/28 days and maybe a few days longer......so...

When I stripped them bitches @ day 21 they fuckin shut down......Looked like sticks for days cuz the budsites had just started puttin out calyx`s and pistils.....

I was so fuckin pissed I cussed him out in as many languages and dialects I knew , and He told me I did it wrong.......I really went off and slammed him on several weedsites he was preachin on and haven`t "taken" any expert advice in many yrs but rather have relied on all my runs under my belt and taught myself bout gettin rid of unwanted foliage in late flower to let the plants concentrate energy into the nugs instead of compost material/fan leaves.....

It don`t shut stretch down , but it takes at least a week of recovery time before the plants start comin back , and then when they`re done stretchin it takes at least another week ta make em swell and mature as much as the run before......so....

I`ve always trimmed and shaped my plants sideways while they were pre-veggin before up pottin and in the flip rooms with the big lights , and then "strain dependent" I started takin off the fans underneath each budsite that had stems , and then kept it up for the next week or 2 till they were all gone and all that was left were the sugar leaves juttin out of the colas.....

Trim , shape , rape yer bitches SIDEWAYS in veg mode and let em recover...NEVER top em or suffer the recovery time .......Flip and let em stretch untouched......Once hormone changes are in full swing and they`re in full swellage ......

Take everything off the plant that`s got a stem over the next week or so....Took me longer cuz I only went to my setups once a week , but the rule of thumb is ta not strip too many at once and stunt the plants to cause recovery time , so take it easy till yas learn your strain/hybrid and know what they can handle....then.....

Come harvey there`s lil to nothin to trim after killin and hangin them bitches.....My kinda shit.... but ....Leaf strippin`s strictly strain dependent so know your strain or suffer the consequences as in gettin fucked fer yields if yas go crazy on em at the wrong time....Aight....

Nuff outta my old ass today....Gotta go check my ribs on da smoker.....Got several slabs hoonin with all the fixins gettin finished by the lil gf....Ya`ll come getchas sum...

Life`s good....Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....
That is gospel Freds! I have seen you type this same shit several times, and each time the picture becomes a little clearer.
I have seen exactly what you said. I started raping them a bit too early, and sure enough, plants stop dead in their tracks. Finding those key periods to strip will make or break a harvest...
The trouble I am having is when and how far into flower I should be taking the sucker laterals. I have been taking some after stretch, and I am thinking that those laterals should be taken off sooner rather than later.
For example, my ECSD are entering their 6th week, stretch stopped at 4 1/2 weeks. I took the largest fans after stretch, and about a week later started taking laterals. I feel like I need to take more laterals pretty soon, and the rest of the fans over the next two weeks, leaving the last 2-3 weeks for swellage. That sound about right?
Sorry for the hijack Anti, just haven't had time to keep my thread updated...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I feel like I need to take more laterals pretty soon, and the rest of the fans over the next two weeks, leaving the last 2-3 weeks for swellage. That sound about right?
Sorry for the hijack Anti, just haven't had time to keep my thread updated...

Hey, I'm in the same place. I'm trying to figure out how to keep this thing from being completely overgrown without stunting my plants or weakening my harvest.

There are a ton of fans and laterals that have showed up since the first defoliation about a week ago. But I flipped. So I guess I'm gonna have to let that stuff stick around until the stretch ends.