What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

Siskiyou

Veteran
picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
Sunshine daydream
Walking in the tall trees
Going where the wind goes
Blooming like a red rose
Breathing more freely
Ride out singing, I'll walk you in the morning sunshine
Sunshine daydream
Sunshine daydream
Walking in the sunshine
-GD

I love the SSDD. I have sampled all four now, and though they will improve a bit still, I think I have a good idea who they are. Throughout their growing I have emphasized the differences between the seed plants, but dry and in the jar what is most noticeable is what the four Sunshine Daydreams have in common. The SSDD girls are far more like each other than they are like Lucky Charms or Dream Beaver, so it must be the Bubbashine coming through. Based on these plants I would grow Bubbashine or another cross in a heartbeat.

All four have a hashy/kushy/earthy flavor that I have associated with Bubba Kush for a long time, but how that flavor manifests varies a bit, with SD1 only as an aftertaste and with SD2 as the dominant flavor. SD4 has a buttery flavor (yes i said it) mixed with hints of Bubba, while SD2 has just hints of the butter.

SD1: Big blueberry flavor (surprised me) with earthy kushy aftertaste that lingers
SD2: Big Bubba flavor, earthy/kushy with hints of caramel, cream soda and the flavor I'm calling "butter", slightly coppery
SD3: Not quite ready for a clear taste, but draws colors from the same palate as her sisters. bubba and light fruit, smooth, with a slight fermenting fruit note
SD4: The most unique aroma of the four influences the flavor which is buttery and last night I even got the "muffin" taste (although I might not have called it that on my own). It reminds me a bit of the metallic sourness of the baking powder in muffins and quick breads. Grounding those flavors is an ever present earthy kushy goodness

All four are very sticky even when dry, most sticky is SD2, least sticky is SD1.

Most noticeable are the medicinal effect of SSDD. Someone in another thread used the term "velvet hammer" to describe SSDDs effects and that is a very accurate description. This is not good herb for complex work, homework or any activities that require sequential thinking, like writing, because the mind wanders...far and wide. Daydream, indeed. Music sounds delicious and multi-layered (I heard for Hendrix's Machine Gun for the millionth time but in a whole new way yesterday). Take a walk, feel the birdsong and the rhythm of walking, but expect to wander. Good herb for lovemaking. Excellent herb for relieving muscle and nerve pain. Absolutely delicious, but you may forget to smoke as much as you meant to, because SSDD is instantly potent in a loving warm way...the velvet hammer.

Siskiyou

Veteran
For most of 2014, Lucky Charms was my favorite herb. Even so, I had difficulty pinning down the flavor when I tried to describe it. The flavor IS mild. An interesting effect of sampling Lucky Charms immediately after Sunshine Daydream is that the taste of the LC comes through more clearly and stronger.

My Lucky Charms keeper tastes like cardboard, grapefruit zest, hint of cardamom and powdered sugar.

This experiment has been repeated several times with very similar results.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Gotta be honest, HB1, I gave up on other people's clones a few years back and my life has been much easier. Seeds are the answer.

I'm not really sure whats available as clones right now, since many "pros" don't even know how to answer when you ask "Which OG kush?" and there are so many things claiming to be "cookies" I want to puke.

I am so happy with the plants I have grown from Bodhi Seeds that I am contemplating making far fewer clones for my self and growing more seeds. I love diversity in my herb and elsewhere and I love to watch this plant grow and flower, showing me a handful of the billion possible manifestations of Cannabis.

On the other hand, growing a clone out to completion repeatedly teaches one about both the plant and growing method, since variations from one round to the next are the things you might have changed. If your herb is getting better then rock on, if not try a different strategy. You know. Sorry I'm rambling.

Clean clones? I don't know.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Of course I wasn't talking about YOUR cookie cross, HB1. Looks good!

I would like a slice of Space Cake, too.

Siskiyou

Veteran
That's hilarious!

Space Cake is (Girl Scout Cookies Forum Cut x Snow Lotus) by Bodhi Seeds.

Sorry I gave you that impression... I thought the mods had asked you to take your posts down or something. I didn't.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Well I guess I earned my "Asshole Merit Badge" in this thread already by offending HillBilly1, but it was purely accidental.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing:
asshole merit badge...
yhea, just lurking/reading thru the last page... funny lil misunderstanding.
get ur thread back on track with some sexy pics, siskiyou
:D

Siskiyou

Veteran
Avinash.miles has organized a few competitions, is the Asshole contest next? I might be able to win that one so look out HB1.

pics very soon

Siskiyou

Veteran
For a few more days, there are only two plants in the sixteen square feet. One is a Dream Beaver clone (DB1) and the other is Lucky Charms (again). Both were topped once and have received some light LST. Their containers are reusable shopping bags (88 cents ea.) that I use as lightweight "smart-pots". These shopping bags have a cloth-like feel and just the right porosity to allow air and moisture exchange through the sides. I also like that I can feel the outside of the bag with my open hand and instantly know the moisture level of the soil inside. I estimate that these bags hold a bit more than 5 gallons of soil each, maybe six or seven. They are usually good for at least two grows before they need to be chucked. I have seen a heavy weight version of these shopping bags that were a giveaway from an insurance company. Those would last longer I am sure. The grocery store where I buy mine switched from tall green bags to wider black bags recently which I like better. I'm just using up the green bags I had.

Dream Beaver in the foreground, Lucky Charms behind her

picture.php

Dream Beaver

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Lucky Charms

picture.php

The Sunshine Daydream clones have gone fully vegetative and are growing crazy fast now ( it's about time). I will take clones from them in the next few days and work with those, since the current clones are like reveg mothers and wouldn't be much fun to flower.

I also have four Black Triangle plants about 8-10 days from being ready to go into flower.

There is also a round of clones ready to transplant into 1 gallon containers.

Latest posts

Latest posts