What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

Siskiyou

Veteran
For sure. My curiosity had me wanting that one the first time I heard about it. Maybe even the name, since for some reason it makes me think of Kali.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Kali Yantra from wikipedia

picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
Checking on the flower tent today I was slapped in the face (in a good way) by how strongly the DB1 clone smells at 31 days of flowering...potent spicy, fruity ARMPIT. This run with her will be much much better and I'm very glad I gave her another chance. DB1 was short and stout as a seed plant with a ridiculously thick main cola. A longer veg period and growing multiple tops using a bit of LST has been very good for this one.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Yesterday I took a handful of clones from the SSDD plants in veg, transplanted, trimmed and rearranged a bit, and put three SSDD clones into flower.
The Black Triangle plants are looking good. I haven't gotten a good photo recently, I'll keep trying. The one BT that struggled was one that had trouble shaking off it's shell and it's cotyledons emerged elongated when I pulled off the seed coat myself. The cotyledons yellowed and died early and the seedling showed transpiration struggles (slight "taco" leaf) when the other three were healthy. The plant was stunted and about half the size of the others at first transplant, when it was clear that the root system was underdeveloped. Since transplant it has recovered well and is looking much healthier. The other three remain healthy, though they are not what I would call fast growing.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Here are two of the SSDD clones yesterday. I made a few more clones from these, trimmed them, sent one to flower and one to the "mother tent".

picture.php

Black Triangle plants
picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
Regarding Sunshine Daydream, I do like all four of the plants that I flowered, but it is already clear to me that SD2 is the one I like best. There is no surprise here, since SD2 had the most visible frost at every stage. SD4 could easily be considered a 'keeper' also, but I like 2 a little bit better. SD4 has a lovely flavor, compact growth, dense buds and buttery aroma but isn't quite as dank as SD2 which has stronger kushy notes and seems more potent.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Black Triangle
picture.php

Sunshine Daydream clones @ 9 days flowering
picture.php

Lucky Charms @ 40
picture.php

Dream Beaver 1 @ 40
picture.php
picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking real nice. I cant wait to dig into my LC and SSDD. Any of your SSDD have that strong blueberry, chemmy funk? Sorry If Ive already asked you that, lol.

HatchBrew

Veteran
How's the soil and worms treating you?

Been squirreling my dollars away for amendments for my summer run. Compost piles are multiplying weekly around here.

The plants & buds are looking great!! Way to rock it! ....where are we on scratch and sniff pics??!!!

bigshrimp

Veteran
Nothing but proper organic nuggets the whole way through!

Great job, it really looks like you have that setup running smoothly.

Back on the first page you said that you use only air exchange to cool your tent. Is the larger room hooked up to a central air system? I'm assuming your in the PNW, so you must have some climate control issues.

Not that you'd be able to tell looking at your buds. :biggrin:

Good thread, keep it rollin.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Looking real nice. I cant wait to dig into my LC and SSDD. Any of your SSDD have that strong blueberry, chemmy funk? Sorry If Ive already asked you that, lol.

I think anyone would enjoy Sunshine Daydream. The strongest blueberry flavor comes from SD1, who has a background of hashy funk flavors that lingers. SD2 is wildly hashy, kushy delicious with flavors of Bubba and fruit and extreme potency and stickiness. Buds of SD2 placed lightly in a jar together always come out stuck together and must be separated, and when loading a bowl the herb often wants to stick to your finger more than it wants to stay in the bowl.
SD3 has a dark blueberry flavor with slight rotting fruit funk and heavy potency. SD4 is the most unique of the four and may be what people call buttery since that aroma does come to mind. Flavor is floral, coppery, caramel and hashy with another element or two. SD4 is almost as sticky as SD2, but not quite, and has a different feel between the fingers, slightly greasy.
Sunshine Daydream smokes beautifully in a joint.

How's the soil and worms treating you?

Been squirreling my dollars away for amendments for my summer run. Compost piles are multiplying weekly around here.

The plants & buds are looking great!! Way to rock it! ....where are we on scratch and sniff pics??!!!

Worms are doing great work for me. More composting than ever going on here, too. Thanks for the kind words.
Yeah, who do we have working on scratch-n-sniff?

Nothing but proper organic nuggets the whole way through!

Great job, it really looks like you have that setup running smoothly.

Back on the first page you said that you use only air exchange to cool your tent. Is the larger room hooked up to a central air system? I'm assuming your in the PNW, so you must have some climate control issues.

Not that you'd be able to tell looking at your buds. :biggrin:

Good thread, keep it rollin.

Yep on the PNW. The climate suits my clothes.
Tents are in an unheated space that has been drywalled. Air-cooled light, Passive intake. Carbon filter draws air from the flower tent on a temperature controlled fan and dumps it into an unheated garage for a very slight heating effect. Room is sufficiently heated by a dehumidifier, ballasts and lights...but that is a fine balance. I recently tried to switch from t5 to MH in my veg tent and the whole room became too warm just from the added HID ballast. If I really wanted to do it right I would just get an air conditioner, which would also allow my dehumidifier to work less. The way everything is right now, though, I am able to keep temps between 60 and 75 all the time. Rh in the larger room stays between 45 and 50%.
I'm seriously close to closing it off and doing the A/C, however.

Last edited:

Siskiyou

Veteran
Seeds are powerful medicine.

A long time ago someone told me to look around at moments of great meaning or large transitions, any moment of power or even weirdness. Sometimes a small item will catch one's eye at these moments of power, a stone or seashell for instance. These are good objects to include in a small "medicine bundle" that may be worn around the neck, or even just kept in a bowl by one's bed. These small objects of power may serve to remind us of life's transitions as well as its beauty and strangeness. Who knows?

When I mentioned wanting a "slice of Space Cake" a page or two back, HillBilly1 tried to get the hell out of Dodge. I was talking seeds, he was hearing "SPACE, PLEASE."

I like HB1, a fellow self-proclaimed curmudgeon from what I can tell, and was surprised when he disappeared. The miscommunication was quickly made clear and no big deal in the long run, but it was interesting. So I ordered a pack of Bodhi's Space Cake (GirlScoutCookies forum cut x Snow Lotus). I think they will jump to the front of the line and I will drop half a pack into water here pretty soon.

When I contemplate my seed collection, I think about potentials and histories that run deep within human beings, cannabis and our selves, all intertwined. Those seeds are powerful medicine.

(Does anyone still plant by moon phase? According to gardening by the moon I should wait til after the new moon on the 20th to sow seed, right? The idea was planted in my noggin long ago and I haven't been able to fully uproot it, though I have been able to ignore moonphase without negative consequences as far as I can tell)

Siskiyou

Veteran
5 seeds of Space Cake went into water 2 days ago, then got planted into Promix yesterday.

Black Triangle (4 plants) went into flower yesterday. I suspect the tallest BT is male and should be able to confirm very soon. The smallest one is falling behind again I think, and might be culled. The other two are beautiful with wide deep green leaves and excellent structure, but show no indication of sex yet.

Bmac1

Veteran
Really looking forward to seeing the Black Triangle progress. I know you will do them right.

Siskiyou

Veteran
I appreciate that vote of confidence, Bmac1. I'll do my best. It looks like I will have at most two females of the BT this round.

Siskiyou

Veteran
The sixteen square feet currently has three waves of flowering plants. Black Triangle @ 5 days in, SSDD clones @ 18 days in, and DB1 and LC clones @ 49 days.
picture.php

My favorite Black Triangle (DB bud in lower corner)
picture.php

DB1 in foreground, LC behind her. Dream Beaver isn't as photogenic as SSDD or LC, appearing immodestly sprawling from most angles, but she smells good and is getting huge. DB1 has several large tops, each as big as the main cola of the seed plant, but they are so heavy that they flop easily.
picture.php
picture.php

Lucky Charms has excellent frost production this round, but appears to be a bit smaller, though healthy. Maybe it is simply the DB1 with her big buds making LC seem smaller than she is.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts